13. Deep Moments

"Will you be quiet?" Newt asked. He seemed annoyed. "Please," he added to sound less harsh.

I had been talking to Newt about Niko all evening and how he helped me hide in the vents when me and George were taken by WCKD. He covered for me and then created a distraction so I could get out.

Newt was only silent the entire conversation, until then.

I stood and stomped towards the door leading out of his room.

"Where are you heading?" He asked.

"Anywhere but here," I snapped back.

He was making me extremely mad. Why was he acting so weird? At first I thought he was jealous, but now he was just being straight up rude. I was telling him about an important part of my past. I wouldn't ask him to be quiet if he was talking about the maze.

"Wait," Newt jumped up from the bed and grabbed my arm.

"No," I yelled. "You are being rude. I am telling you a part of my life and you don't want to hear it. Are you ever going to listen?"

"Not when I don't want to hear it," he mumbled.

"I should leave before this gets worse," I said with a sigh.

"No," Newt whispered and his face suddenly softened. "Dont leave me."

He pulled my into his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm just jealous is all," he admitted. "I just hope that one day you will talk about me the way you talk about him."

"Oh Newt," I pulled back and looked to his eyes. "I already do. You have done so much for me. So much for all of us. You hold us together." I smiled.

"And I don't feel about him the way I feel about you," I said as I pulled him down to meet my lips.

He aggressively pulled me closer to him and led us back.

I pushed him onto the bed and placed my knees on either side of his legs, slowly sitting on his lap.

He gently traced my spine with my fingers and ended at the small of my back.

I leaned over and kissed him again, pulling back slowly, keeping my eyes closed.

He pulled up my shirt with nimble fingers and I flinched at his touch. Desire for more ran through my body.

"Want me to stop?" He asked.

I shook my head and he fully placed his hand under the back of my shirt.

I titled my head backwards and he used this an an opportunity to kiss my neck.

"If my love were a person," he said against my skin, "it would be you."

I moaned as he deepened his kisses, moving along my collarbone.

He moved back up my neck and placed a final kiss on my lips, then leaned his forehead against mine.

"I can't loose you," he sighed and rubbed my back.

"Never," I whispered. "I promised."

He smiled and kissed my forehead, then layed back on the bed, pulling me along with him.

Laying on his chest, I slowly drifted to sleep, listening to the sound of his heartbeat.