19. Unwanted Guests

There is some gore in this one, so if you are sensitive to that,, I suggest you skip it. The next chapter will still make sense without it.

•••●●•••

I stayed out of the Right Arm all day. I couldn't even stand the chance of seeing Newt again.

It was getting dark, but I still didn't move.

My ass was sore from sitting on the hard concrete floor but I was to numb to feel much.

I had messed up the one good thing in my life. Newt made me happy. Newt made this stupid life worth living.

I sighed and leaned my head back on the wall.

I heard movement to my left.

"Newt," I asked, hoping that he had come to talk.

When there was no answer, I became concerned.

"Whos there?" I asked.

A gargling scream erupted and a Crank came into view. I jumped to my feet and began to run, but another one tackled me from inside the building I was leaning on.

I yelled out in pain as my shoulder connected with the ground.

The Crank landed on top of me and knocked my breath out of me. I gasped for air and tried to push it off.

Tightness in my chest appeared and a sudden pain. I guessed that my lung collapsed.

Placing my leg under the Crank, I pushed it off with a forceful kick.

I jumped to my feet and began running, but a Crank grabbed my ankle and I fell face first.

My jaw snapped shut as it hit the concrete and pain shot through my tongue. The metallic taste of blood filled my mouth.

My eyes began to water and everything became blurry.

The Cranks nails dug into my skin and I screamed out in pain.

I turned back and kicked it in the face. It let go just long enough that I could get to my feet and continue running.

A little girl stepped out in front of me and I toppled over her.

I scrambled to my feet and looked to her.

She was definitely a Crank, but her eyes still showed life. They still had color.

In a quickly motion she screamed and came running towards me. She was small enough that I grabbed her and shoved her back down.

I stomped my foot down on her face repeatedly. All my anger going out on her. I felt her skull crunching, but that didn't stop me.

She was just a girl once, but now she was a monster.

I lifted my foot up to stomp down again, but got sick at the image before me. She didn't even have a face anymore.

I looked up to see the other Cranks getting closer and I took off.

My adrenaline was pumping and I couldn't feel much pain as I ran. I saw a latter leaning up against the side of a house and ran to it.

Thank God someone was cleaning their gutters.

I quickly climbed up the first steps when a Crank hit it and it shook.

I grabbed the roof edge the ladder fell and pulled myself up. The metal from the gutters sunk deep into my forearms as I heaved myself up.

I rolled onto the roof and heard the Cranks scrambling down below.

Crawling to the edge and peaking over, I saw they were pushing over one another, trying to get up, but from the looks of it, couldn't.

I layed back and took a shaky breath. I couldn't see anything in the dark, but I knew it was bad as the adrenaline wore off and everything was beginning to hurt.

I pulled my button up shirt of and ripped a sleeve off.

I placed it around my calf and could feel blood oozing from it, I just didn't know how bad it was.

Yanked it tight, I screamed in pain. It was bad.

After doing the same with my arms, I looked over the edge again to see the Cranks still there.

I spit out the blood that filled my mouth onto one of them and watched as the others began to attack him because of the smell.

I thought back to the girl. I killed her without hesitating. I smashed her head in until it was flat. Maybe she wasn't the monster. Maybe I was.

Sighing and laying back, I excepted that this was going to be a long night.

•••●●•••

My first fight scene, what did you think?

I really don't know how fights feel because I have never been in one, but this was just a hunch of what it would be like.