07

excuse any mistakes, enjoy💙!!

continued..

Khalil's Pov

Khalil's Pov

July 23: Early Afternoon

"5 years ago I witnessed something tragic happen to someone close to me" I started then took a deep breath.

"It was senior prom day we was both excited about it getting ready and shit, ready to take pictures and enjoy the experience. I swear I never planned on not taking you but when I said I'll be 30 minutes later than the others it was because I got a call..a call that changed my life" I said while looking at her.

"What was the call about" she asked.

"Patience ma I'm almost there" I said with a small chuckle "The call was from the trap, before I could even put on my tux, Jordan came in my room saying that there was missing product and a luh money was missing" I said.

She looked at me nodding her head for me to continue.

"I said 30 minutes because that's usually how long it takes to get the situation under control due to the cameras, but I was wrong the niggas who robbed me had a different plan th-" I was cut off by the waiter placing our food down.

"Thank you" Ocean said as the food was placed down when they walked away then she looked at me.

"Ok continue, I'm listening" she said.

I let out a deep sigh then ran my hands down my face "While we were checking shit in the product room all of a sudden everything went pitch black, and we couldn't use our phones because we don't allow them in the trap.. buh when the lights went out you could here the room door open then next thing you know there was bullets coming our way.. and unfortunately all we could do was shoot at the door but during the shooting I heard Jordan's body hit the floor then him groan I tried talking to him to make sure he's alright bu-but he was dead right next to me them niggas killed my cousins in front of me, 5 minutes later the light came on.. that's why I left now I'm here 5 years later" I said with my head down a little, when I looked up I saw tears in her eyes.

"Ocean what's wrong" I asked concerned.

"Why Khalil" she asked as the tears kept coming down "Why couldn't you tell me I could've been there for you, just why leave me , leave your family behind" she asked in a saddened tone.

"Because I was being punk, I was running away from my problems scared to relive that moment..so I ran without question which I regret deeply" I said.

"When I seen him on the floor I blamed myself, I wished it was me on the floor not him, I felt hopeless because I couldn't do shit about his death. I feel like I failed him when I couldn't find his killer" I said shaking my head.

"Khalil for one get that thought out of your head, it's not your fault when y'all both was surprised by the situation" she started then took a sip of her drink.

"The night you didn't pick me up, I was worried sick crying constantly even went to your mother house to see if she got in contact with you" she said looking me whipping her tears "How do you think I felt when the love of my life broke up with through a note his mother found? I was broken for awhile Khalil because I loved you .. I can't lie and say I don't now because I still do" she replied.

She then let out a sigh "Why run alone when we could've ran together, you know I was down to ride forever Khalil" she asked looking at me with more tears in her eyes.

That shit was killing me watching her cry in front of me and I caused allat that.

"I felt like I was doing the right thing by leaving at the time, no one wanted to date a failure who couldn't save his cousin and no one wants to be surround by one .. and I love you too" I replied.

"Well for starters your far from a failure, but I forgive you Khalil I can't hold this against you anymore" she said looking at me.

"Thank you Ocean I really appreciate" I said.

"As far as a second chance I'm willing to give you one, just don't leave me again" she said mumbling the ending but I still heard her.

"Thank you ma, and you have my word.. I'm moving at your pace. We can get this food to go because we didn't eat at all" I said.

"Yea we should" she said while calling the waiter over then asking for two to-go plates.

When he returned he brought the bill with him. We started placing our food in the containers. Y'all already know she put up a fight about paying for the food but I paid and she tipped then we headed outside.

"Can i get a kiss please" I asked.

"Slow yo role homeboy, we taking things slow you can get a kiss on the cheek" she said smiling at me.

I sucked my teeth "Maaaann, you finna do me like that".

"Yup" she said popping the P.

"Well ok den" I bent down to her height then her nice soft plumped lips touched my cheek lowkey heating up my face.

"There you go" she said with a smile.

"When can we meet up again, we got a lot more catching up to do  due to the fact it's now 5 years later" I replied.

"That Sunday after Zae party we can link up at my crib or yours and then we can talk" she replied while walking towards her car.

"Aii that's fine with me just let me know" I replied while opening her car door "Let me know when you get home and be safe ma" I smiled at her.

"Ok I'll let you know" she said closing her door then pullin off I then went to my car heading home.

________________________________

Oceana's Pov

Leaving the brunch, I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. I feel like we've grown so much from the past because we were able to lay our feelings out on the table without cutting one another off. The communication was there and she was shining bright.

Texting Kahlil that I made it home, and him replying with call me later I smiled. Now it's time to invite these nosey ass hoes over and give them this tea.

Chapter 7 is complete 🥳

How do you feel about the meetup?

East didn't mention Tianna, what do you think gonna happen next? 👀

Any feedback?

Hope you guys enjoyed. Don't forget to vote and add this book to your libraries. 🥺🙏🏾

-loudmouthspamz 😚