259 | Alone Time

MAX WALKS DOWN THE  hallway with a tired expression. He acted all tough when he was talking to Kim Hee-joon, but the truth was, he was still very much nervous because he had never spoken to someone like him before. Max just tried matching his energy because he knew that it was something that would catch the prince's attention. Thankfully, they came to an agreement in the end.

     "A lot of things happened today. I just want to lie down now," Max says while massaging his nape. When he got to his room, the guard waiting outside the door bowed his head to him and told him, "Sir Sinclaire, the guest you mentioned to me earlier is now waiting inside."

     As soon as Max heard those words, the tired expression on his face disappeared in an instant. "Is that so?" Max asks before sniffing his shirt, making sure it doesn't smell like cigarette smoke since the person waiting inside wants him to stop with his vices.

     "Then you may leave," Max then says.

     "Apologies, sir, but I was instructed to—" Before the guard could even finish his sentence, Max stopped him with one look, which the guard automatically understood. "Oh, of course," he says, trying not to look flustered. "Then I will watch over the CCTV cameras instead. Don't hesitate to call if something happens," the guard adds, bowing his head again before finally walking away.

     Max clears his throat and tries to act cool as he eventually opens the door to his room. The room was dim when he got inside. He quietly closes the door behind him as he walks further, reaching the living room area with a stunning view of the city lights.

     Max puts on a warm smile when he sees someone familiar sitting on the sofa, silently looking at the view. Max then removed his coat and shoes and walked closer to him. "Sorry I'm late," he told him.

     Gavriil Alexeev smiles as he stares at Max's reflection in the window. Max stands behind him and holds onto his shoulders, and then he leans forward to give Gavriil a soft kiss on his cheek. "Did you wait long?" He whispers, making Gavriil chuckle this time.

    "This is such a contrast to when we talked earlier. You're acting all confident now," Gavriil teases, grabbing Max's hand and kissing it as well.

     Max laughs and finally sits beside him on the sofa. The two of them turned to face each other, and then Gavriil immediately reached out to tuck Max's hair behind his ear so he could see his eyes better.

     "You look tired," Gavriil tells him.

     "I am," Max truthfully answers before wrapping his arms around Gavriil and resting his head on his chest. "Warm...so warm," he then whispers.

     Gav smiles and hugs Max as well, letting him lie on him as he pats his back. "Then rest," he softly replies, giving Max's head a gentle kiss.

     Max stays there for a bit, closing his eyes and finding comfort from his boyfriend's familiar scent. After a while, he looks back at Gavriil and tells him, "I almost forgot. How have you been? Did something happen with the Elites? We weren't able to talk about that when we were with the others."

     Gavriil was so surprised by the sudden question that it ended up making him laugh. "That's quite random, don't you think?" He asks, and Max just shrugs his shoulders, genuinely curious to hear Gavriil's answer.

     "I mean, everything's normal in J.S High and the Elites. Like what Krist and the others explained, the only exciting thing that happened was the leaked video of you that started playing at the pavilion. Other than that, J.S High has been very quiet."