164 | Lincoln High

LINCOLN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL, short for Lincoln High, looked more like a museum than it was a school. The buildings looked like preserved temples in Greece, and the students looked like literal scholars. The atmosphere was definitely different from J.S High.

     The students weren't shouting and running around, and someone wasn't getting cornered and beaten to the ground either. They were also a coed school so whenever girls would look at them, Keigo would end up blushing and shyly hiding behind Max. I guess that's what happens when you're from an all-boys school.

     "Why does everyone look so smart and shiny?" Keigo asks, making Max nudge him so he could shut up.

     "You two arrived just on time because everyone's having their lunch break. I'd bring you to the cafeteria, but let's head to my office instead so we could talk there in private," Gengxin says as he starts walking towards one of the buildings.

     While they were walking, the students couldn't help but look at Max, some with awe while the others looked back at him with judgment. After all, Max was the student who defeated their representative in the pageant, so they're still pretty much bitter about it.

     "By the way, I'm Kawanishi Keigo. It's an honor to meet you, Mr. Li. I watched you during the pageant and you were amazing. If Kingston Creed didn't betray you and make you his human shield, you would have definitely placed higher," Keigo excitedly says as he shows Gengxin his hand, but Gengxin just stared at him, making Keigo start laughing awkwardly.

     "And now I remember how terrible your personality was," Keigo then comments, making Max glare at him again.

     "Anyway, how have you been Gengxin? After the pageant, I haven't heard anything from you since," Max says instead, and Gengxin sighs, almost like simply speaking was such a troublesome task.

     "Well, it would have been strange if I was constantly on the news like you are," Gengxin says, a smirk almost showing on his always blank face. "I've been living my life as a normal student, unlike you who have constantly been in the spotlight. You've been busy ever since the pageant ended. I heard about your father revoking your heir title in the news, and then you successfully got it back a few weeks after. You were also in the news just recently because you got food poisoned with madam Cindy Lin and a few other big names in the business industry. There's never really a dull moment with you, is there?"

     "I can't really say otherwise," Max says, admitting to what Gengxin just said.

     The three of them eventually arrive at the office that Gengxin mentioned, which looked like a library because of how many books there were.

     "My apologies for the mess, I didn't expect to have visitors. But you can take a seat anywhere you like," Gengxin says as he went to his desk to take his seat.

     Keigo and Max sat on chairs that weren't covered in piles of books. As soon as they were seated, Gengxin looks at them seriously and says, "Now, what do you two white uniforms need?"

     Max adjusts in his seat and sat straight before saying, "We're actually looking for someone. He's a student named Harold Grant. We found out he's a 4th-year student here."

     "And why on earth are you looking for him? I can't just give you one of our students without knowing the reason for it. I know enough that you won't do anything crazy Sinclaire, but you still have to tell me why you're looking for a member of our school," Gengxin then asks, which was a valid reason.

    "He was a student in J.S High, and he was heavily bullied to the point where he left the school. We want to speak with him because we're looking for the people who made the lives of students like him miserable. We want to make things right," Max explains.