237 | Making Alliances

"YOUR VIDEO ALREADY has a thousand views, yet there are only around 600 students in this school. Imagine that," Keigo says, watching Max's video on his phone for the hundredth time to the point where Stefan and Xander are getting annoyed by it.

     "Who even uploaded it anyway? And aren't we banned from using our phones? How did they take a video of that?" Xander then asks, immediately making Keigo laugh and hide his phone away.

    "It's obviously some gaffer in our class who just wanted easy likes," Stefan says before turning to Keigo, "And you should hide your phone too before a professor sees you with it."

     "Don't worry, this is a special phone. I already surrendered my dummy phone, so they won't know I have another one," Keigo confidently says, and all Stefan and Xander can do is sigh.

     "Wait, you can't use your phones here?" Max then asks in shock, surprised to hear about this rule. But before anyone could even answer him, the doctor suddenly went inside the room, instantly making all of them stand straight.

     "Alright, Sinclaire, how's your hand? Does it still hurt after I applied the ointment earlier?" The nurse, who just so happened to be a nun as well, asked as she approached Max. Thankfully, she's a lot kinder than their class adviser, Sister Celeste.

     "It still hurts from time to time, especially went I move by fingers. But I think it's fine now," Max answers and the doctor nods her head before grabbing her medical kit.

     "Then I'll put some more ointment and change your bandage. Refrain from getting it wet and moving your fingers, so ask your friends for help if you need to do anything. Come back here tomorrow after your classes so I can check it again," the doctor explains, and Max nods his head as she starts removing the bloody bandage that she already placed earlier.

     After taking care of Max's injury, the doctor heads out first. The serfs were about to leave the clinic as well so they could head back to their dormitory and rest, but before Max could stand from the bed, someone suddenly knocked on the door, startling them.

     Everyone became completely quiet as the door opened, revealing the Saints' President, Justice Thorndyke.

     "President Justice," Xander, Stefan, and Keigo immediately greet while holding onto their chest.

     Justice holds his chest back and nods his head at the three of them before walking towards Max. Max got ready to show his respect as well, but the president immediately stopped him. "It's okay," he says. "You don't have to move your hand too much. School hours are already finished anyway."

     "Is that so?" Max says back. "But why are we being graced by your presence tonight, President Justice? Am I in some sort of trouble?" Max then asks, instantly making Justice smirk.

     Everyone eventually notices the case that the president is holding, so without the need to explain what he's actually here for, Keigo immediately walks towards Justice so he can take the case from his hand.

     Justice thanks the serf as he opens the red velvet case, revealing the black stole that Max will be wearing for the entire month. "I'm a bit saddened when I heard that you're not planning to rank up. But somehow, wanting to stay as a serf is a lot more impressive than wanting to be a gaffer," Justice says as he carefully takes the stole out of the case.

     "So you've watched the video too?"

     "I'll have to find the uploader so I can scold them for illegally using their phones. But then again, I don't really care if that video of yours stays up for everyone to see. It's the least of my concerns," Justice honestly says, making Max chuckle. He then sat up straight as the man in front of him got ready to put the stole on him.