178 | Elite School Convention

"ENJOY YOUR DAY, MASTER Leigh," Étienne says as Max heads out of their car, adjusting his peak cap before walking up the steps towards the Keep.

     Today starts another week of Max's school life. If this was a different story, Max would have happily gone to class like a normal student would, but since it wasn't, Max arrived at the Keep and was welcomed by white uniforms who were fighting right in front of the entrance.

     Max clears his throat and tries to move away so he wouldn't get caught up with them, but when the group of boys saw Max, they immediately stopped fighting so Max could pass through.

     "When you're part of the top ten, your aura really changes," a random student tells his friend while they were watching the scene unfold.

     Max takes a deep breath and walked on the path that the students gave him. They were all staring at his gold armband and all the brooches that were pinned in his collar, intimidated by the power that each brooch holds. 

     "If you're going to fight, don't do it at the entrance. You're blocking the way," Max says while he continued walking past them.

     The students were surprised, but they nodded their heads and changed location like what Max had told them.

     "Looks like today's going to be an exciting day," Max sarcastically whispers to himself while walking his way towards their classroom. But as he was walking down the corridor, someone suddenly calls out for him. Max stops, and a smile automatically appears on his face when he heard the familiar voice. He then turns around and greets the white uniform who was approaching him with a playful grin.

    "Felix."

     [20 Hours ago: at the Campbell Mansion]

     "I have wasted my youth, only to be a part of your display. But I am not a pretty little thing that you show off for people to look at. I am Felix Campbell, and I am the heir to this empire. If you wish that I lead this family in the future..." Felix pauses and grips the Campbell emblem before pulling off the necklace that his grandfather was wearing.

     With fire in his eyes, he throws the emblem away and tells him, "Then stop pulling my strings and watch me."

     Felix's parents and grandfather were left speechless, and for the first time ever, they felt intimidated by him. Felix stood his ground and gave his demand. He knew that there was no chance that his family would change their heir. Compared to his other siblings, Felix was the most capable. He was the only one in their family who could lead them to the next generation. Even his incompetent father knew that.

     "F-Felix..." His mother calls out.

     Felix takes a deep breath and turns to face his parents. To his surprise, his mother was kneeling on the floor, his father comforting her. The two didn't say anything, but then the quiet room was filled with his mother's sobs.

     Felix watches the regret in his parents' eyes. If things were different, he would have felt terrible for making her mother cry like that, but since it wasn't Felix felt angry. Why was she crying? She had no right to cry after everything they'd done to him. Felix should be the one who's crying right now, he should be the one who's in pain, not them.

     "Where is it Keigo?! Are we getting close?!" A voice could suddenly be heard from outside the room.

     Felix and Ari furrowed their brows in confusion as they turned their heads to the door. A couple of seconds later, the door bursts open, revealing Max and Ervin with at least a dozen guards following behind them.