168 | Much Needed Audience

ANTONIO WAS SITTING IN his classroom, reading the script for the play he was starring in. Classes were about to end anyway, so Antonio just decided to run through the script now before their practice later.

     "Good afternoon everyone," a bright-sounding voice greets, making Antonio put his script down so he could see who it was.

     The person who went inside their room was none other than the Elites president, Ian Rothman. Ian enters the room with a smile, greeting everyone who'd say hi to him. It almost looked like he was some kind of a celebrity.

     "Ian, it's rare for you to come to class," one of their classmates said as Ian walked towards his designated chair, sitting beside the Elites secretary, Richard Young, who was busy reading a book.

     "It's rare to see the members of the Elites here," another one of their classmates corrected.

     "You're making it sound like I'm a bad student who always skips classes," Ian manages to joke. When he took a seat, his classmates instantly crowd around him. If popularity was a thing, Ian was definitely the most popular one.

     "We're here because we're having our Business Studies class. It's the only class that president Janus himself teaches. We can't miss out on it," Richard then explains, putting his book down so he could look back at Ian and his classmates.

     The students of Class IV-A continued to crowd around the two Elites, wanting to hear stories about the things they've been doing in the council like they were some kind of war hero.

     "We're preparing for the Elite School Convention. We don't know who will host it yet, but we're trying to pitch J.S High. It would be great if we could host it for the first time," Ian explains to his classmates, automatically making them look excited.

     As Ian, Richard, and the rest of their classmates continued talking, a particular white uniform pushed through the crowd of students and stood in front of the two members of the Elites, making everyone become quiet.

     "Oh Antonio, you're here too," Ian says as Antonio got closer to them with a smile.

     "Yeah, the other guys from the top 10 all came as well, but you two took all the attention," Antonio says before laughing, making the others look at him awkwardly.

     "I was just joking of course," he immediately says when he noticed the sudden change in the atmosphere.

     Antonio was about to say something again to try and salvage the awkward tension, but then Richard looks at him and says, "Antonio, I heard you're starring in another play next month. My parents were talking about it. Tickets sell out fast when you're one of the leads after all."

     Antonio's face instantly brightens after what the secretary told him. "Thank you for the compliment. If you'd like, I can get your parents some tickets. I'll make sure they sit on the best seats too," Antonio offers.

     "They'd be delighted. Thank you," Richard replies, making Antonio smile even brighter.

     "So you were in another play? I think I saw you on one of the posters circulating around the internet. I bet you're going to get a ton of awards again Antonio," another one of their classmates stated, and Antonio couldn't help but feel flattered.

     Antonio was about to share more details about his play, but then two guards arrived inside their room, instantly making the rest of the class run back to their seats. The two guards entered the room first, and right behind them was none other than the school president of J.S High, Janus Sinclaire.