183 | Battle of Royals

"LET'S SEE WHO WILL fall down first, my sweet little Vi," Joon says with a smirk, aiming his gun at Viktor and finally pulling the trigger.

     The sound was silent and no one expected a thing, but just when Joon thought that he has successfully targeted Viktor's arm, Viktor notices the shot and immediately stepped on a tile, automatically making the large king piece move, blocking Viktor's view just in time.

     "You sly mother fucker," Joon says before putting his gun down. "Ren! Aki! Guard the base, I'm moving forward," he then instructs, and his Pretty Duo immediately went back to the base with no question.

     Joon ran towards Busters' base, dodging the large chess pieces that were chasing after him. Thankfully Blade and Killshot saw him, and so they shot everyone who stood in his way.

    "Make way for our leader!" Killshot then instructs, and the remaining members of Dangerous Five immediately went to the scene and started running toward Joon to protect him.

      While Killshot was looking for the member of Busters who's controlling the bishop piece, Killshot accidentally stepped on a tile that made their rook piece move forward. "T-this...this is it!" Killshot excitedly shouts. "Joon! I'm bringing the rook to you!"

    Joon, who was still running, looks back when he heard what Killshot has to say. But when he turned his head, he was surprised to see a large white chess piece rushing toward him. Joon wanted to dodge it, but then he had an idea. As the rook rushed towards him, Joon readied himself. As soon as it got close, the prince jumped on the chess piece and rode it.

     "Keep controlling it!" Joon told Killshot as the rook quickly rushed through Buster's base.

     When Joon was now meters away from their enemy's base, a giant knight suddenly collides with the piece that he was riding, instantly making it fall to the ground. Joon falls with it, but thankfully he prepared for the impact and didn't get hurt as much.

     Joon got up and looked at the large chess piece that hit him. He quickly looked through the kings to check who was controlling it, so when he noticed the member who fits the description, he quickly pulled his gun and shot him in the thighs, scraping it so he wouldn't violate the rules of shooting him directly.

     The king falls, and Joon immediately ran towards Viktor who was being guarded by a large chess piece. When he got close, Joon shoots two more, instantly breaking Busters' line of defense.

     "He's getting closer to the red line! Stop him!" One of the members of Busters shouted.

     One of the kings was about to run toward him, but then an arrow instantly hits him on the shoulder. 

     Joon looks back and saw Blade still watching over him, so he takes a deep breath and continued running. But just as Joon was meters away from where Viktor was standing, a large queen chess piece suddenly comes rushing towards his side and slams him, instantly making him fly across the floor. If Joon wasn't able to hold onto a chess piece, he would have easily fallen off the battle grounds and gotten eliminated.

     The impact knocked the wind out of him, instantly making Joon catch his breath to breathe better. His vision became blurry for a second, but when he looked up, he saw Tanis directly looking back at him.

     "What an annoying serpent," he says as he slowly stood back up.

     Joon turned around and saw his members still running away from the chess pieces. As long as the kings are still able to control those pieces, they'll never get close to them. He has to do something now or they'll never get the upper hand.