254 | Ice Prince

"AS A REPRESENTATIVE FOR the Gangsan Kim Clan, Kim Hee-joon!" A voice announces, surprising everyone in the hall, especially Krist and the other brotherhood leaders.

     Joon steps inside with his usual cold expression. He was wearing a black and gold suit, which was inspired by a hanbok, also known as Korea's traditional clothing. Everyone starts clapping for the honored guest. They knew that he was personally invited by a family member because of the seal on his invitation, but unlike the others, Joon didn't even bother to wave or smile back. He really put justice on his title as 'ice prince.'

     "No fucking way," Krist says in shock as he watches Joon walk amongst the crowd who couldn't remove their eyes off him.

     "Kim Hee-joon rarely attends these kinds of gatherings. Heck, his entire family lives in seclusion," Hans explains, which was true. Joon rarely goes out in public. Even before Paradox, when they were still members of C1A, Joon was already secretive about his personal life. 

     "I haven't really spoken to Hee-joon before, but now that I'm seeing him outside of J.S High, he really embodies his title as royal simply by the way he moves," Cindy shares.

     "What did you expect from an actual prince? Gangsan Kim Clan are the distant descendants of a royal family from the Silla kingdom during the Joseon Dynasty. But Hee-joon is different. If I remember correctly, he's like a direct descent, which is why the clan protects him so much. If Korea is still ruled by Monarchy, he'd probably be next in line for the throne," Cj explains, surprising Cindy because this is the first time she's heard of this.

     Cindy has known about the clan for a long time, especially since it's similar to the Lin Dynasty. But she never knew that Joon would be directly related to an actual royal. Now it seems like the title of prince is more fitting.

     "Shall we approach him?" Cindy then suggests, instantly making the leaders shake their heads in disagreement.

     "As much as I want to mingle with everyone, Kim Hee-Joon isn't particularly the friendliest person to approach," River explains.

     "He might as well spit on us if he was given the chance," Cj adds.

     "You guys are being ridiculous," Cindy then comments. "Leigh probably invited him. And the fact that he came to the party means that he's interested. We should use this opportunity to know him better."

     "No, thank you. I'd rather—" Before Krist could even finish his sentence, Cindy and Gavriil were already walking toward Joon, making Hans and the others sigh in frustration.

      "Seriously...those two..." Hans says, massaging his temple before following behind Cindy. Krist, Cj, and River then look at each other before being forced to go after them.

     Kim Hee-Joon was walking around the hall, ignoring the other guests who were greeting him. But as he was about to approach the waiter who was handing him champagne, Cindy and Gavriil suddenly stopped in front of him, making Joon stop as well.

     "Kim Hee-joon, it's a pleasure to see you here," Cindy says, expecting Joon to give her the cold shoulder. Surprisingly enough, Joon takes her hand and gently kisses it.

     "My queen. The pleasure is mine," Joon replies, instantly putting a smile on Cindy's face, surprised by the leader's formal greeting. He then turns to Gavriil and bows his head to him as well, making Gavriil do the same. At least Joon knows how to be civil in public.

     "Oh please, we're not in J.S High. Cindy would be fine," Cindy says, making Joon nod his head in understanding.

     Cindy was about to say something to him, but then Hans arrived with Krist and the others, and in that moment, the neutral expression on Joon's face turned into annoyance. He looks at the leaders for a quick second, but afterward, he turns around and walks away.