chapter 25

"How was Mumma?" Jungkook asked Mr. Kim Hwan.

"She was the most beautiful lady to exist, after my beloved wife, of course," Mr. Kim chuckled.

"She had a nose like you, or I must say that you have a nose like her. Your eyes are like hers too. Thank God you took after her, not this monkey Jeon," Mr. Kim joked.

Jungkook and Taehyung were giggling while Mr. Jeon was sulking.

"But most importantly, she had a heart of gold, just like our Kookie."

"Your mom and Taehyung's mom, means my beloved wife, were best friends since childhood. And through them, we both met," Mr. Kim said while pointing towards Mr. Jeon and him.

They were what we call soulmates. It was either she would come to our house, or we would go to your house. Every weekend we used to spend together.

When Haneul became pregnant, Eun-tak spent every day in our house, taking care of her. They were inseparable. I pledged to protect her like a brother and she became my sworn sister.

She took great care of Haneul, but destiny had other plans.

During delivery, my Haneul couldn't make it and ascended to heaven. I was devastated. I didn't know what to do without my wife. It was Eun-tak who took Tae in her arms for the first time. She took him and placed him in my lap and said, "Oppa, live for him. Haneul left a piece of her with you, take great care of him." I still remember her words, and I lived. I lived for my son.

She raised Tae when we had no one.

Then your mom became pregnant with you, and she and your dad had to leave for Busan the same year for business purposes. Both of your parents denied, but I came to know about it and urged them to leave for Busan.

And I met her again when you were born. An angel was born that day. Me and your dad cried that whole night looking at you. You are the exact copy of your momma."

Now everyone in the hall had tears in their eyes. Jungkook hugged Mr. Kim and then Mr. Jeon.

"And yes, you want to know how Tae was like when he first saw you?" Mr. Kim teased Jungkook to which he shyly nodded, his ears painted red.

Tae was shocked; he met his baby when he was an actual baby.

"Aboji," Taehyung called his father, asking him if that was true.

"Yes, my son, you met my beloved son-in-law when he was one day old. You may not remember it because you were only 5 years old back then."

"You know, Koo baby, what was his reaction?" Mr. Jeon asked again.

"He cried and cried, and when I asked why he was crying, he said that the baby is so pretty that he can't help but cry," Mr. Kim laughed.

Jungkook was so shy listening to this story from his own father-in-law.

"I was so dumb back then," Taehyung said while scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"You are still dumb; you cry even today when you see Jungkook being all pretty and dolled up," this was Yoongi who spoke.

"Do you want to get fired?" Taehyung glared at Yoongi and spoke in a dangerously low tone.

"You can't; I have Mr. Kim's back today," Yoongi said nonchalantly.

"Did he really cry, hyung?" Jungkook asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, he cries very often, and when I ask why he is crying, he says, 'Koo is looking pretty,' and then he cries again." Yoongi was feeling so confident today in the presence of Mr. Kim.

Everyone laughed.

"You have to eventually work under me, Yoongi hyung, don't forget that," Taehyung again glared at Yoongi. This time Yoongi gulped, knowing that tomorrow Mr. Kim will not be there to save him.

Jungkook approached Taehyung and sat on the lap of the mafia and hugged him being emotional. He can't believe that his mafia cries just because of the fact that he looks pretty.

And Taehyung melted into a puddle, thanking Yoongi internally that now his baby came back to him again after his dad and his father-in-law stole him.

Yoongi, who was breaking cold sweats until now, released his breath that he was holding. Now he was saved by the wrath of the mafia.