chapter 23

"I -"

Jungkook gulped, his throat going dry, his eyes shedding tears. He closed his eyes, and his mom's smiling face came into view.

When he opened his eyes, he saw Taehyung looking at him with love and fear in his eyes. He roamed his eyes to look at Jin's apologetic eyes. He looked at his dad, whose eyes were void of any emotions except pain. And then he met the eyes of Mr. Kim; his eyes were dripping love.

He again looked at the mafia and then answered, 'He was not the one to kill my mumma,' he said while looking at his dad and then the mafia. 'He didn't do it and thus he doesn't deserve to be punished,' he looked at the mafia.

Taehyung felt like breathing again. He smiled at his baby with tears in his eyes. 'My Baby-' he whispered while looking at Jungkook lovingly.

Jungkook walked towards the mafia and put his head on the chest of the mafia, finding warmth. The mafia kissed the crown of Koo, while Koo shed his silent tears.

'Jeon, their love is bigger than your resentment, spare kids in your blame game. That night you didn't hear the truth, and neither are you listening now.'

'Do you think Eun-tak would be happy to see you like this, fighting against someone whom she called a brother? Do you think she would like you pointing a gun towards Taehyung, the same Taehyung she raised when Haneul went to heavens after delivering him ?'

Taehyung's eyes widened, so did Jungkook's and everyone around. Everyone in the hall knows Kims and Jeons as rivals; none had any idea of such a relation between them in the past.

Mr. Jeon's legs gave up; he sat on the floor crying. Jungkook looked at his dad; he began to reach him, but before that, Mr. Kim engulfed Mr. Jeon and patted his back.

'I was not the one to kill my sister, Hoon-a. How could I kill my savior, my son's savior?' Mr. Kim said while patting his back.

'Back then, you were in so much grief that you believed whatever you heard,' Mr. Kim added.

'Who killed her?' Mr. Jeon asked Mr. Kim in a small voice.

'Kang Du Hun,' Mr. Kim answered.

The eyes of Mr. Jeon shot open at the statement; he looked at Mr. Kim with wide eyes.

'When he couldn't get her and she married you, he could not accept the truth. When he saw her happy with you and Kookie, he planned her murder,' Mr. Kim said in a small voice.

'Why didn't you tell me?' Mr. Jeon asked.

'You were going crazy at that point; you were not ready to listen to anyone and believed in the first person who lied to you. At that point, you were not in a condition to reason anything; you were in so much grief that you even forgot that you have a son to take care of', Mr Kim reasoned .

"Kim Hwan uncle was the one to send out Kookie to Italy because Kang was after his life too. He protected him throughout these years," it was Jin who spoke this time

'What? I thought it was you Jin,' Mr. Jeon looked at Jin in bewilderment; his head was spinning with all this new information.

"He told me not to tell you anything because you were not in the position to trust Hwan uncle ", jin continued

'How...' Mr. Jeon said while breaking down again.

And Jungkook was startled to even react. He was only 10; he has vivid memories of everything.

'You are 'oesukbu,' the one who sent me gifts every month in Italy,' Koo asked in his sweet voice.

*** ('Oesukbu' is a Korean word for maternal uncle.)***

Mr. Kim nodded while smiling lightly. Jungkook got gifts every month from an unknown person who addressed himself as 'oesukbu' in the letters sent by him along with gifts, and when he received it the first time, he asked Jin. Jin said he is Jungkook's uncle whom he used to like a lot when in Korea.

Jungkook always wanted to meet that person, unbeknownst to him; he was going to be his father-in-law in the future. Destiny is weird."