chapter 16 🐇

"On lips"

It felt like a light strike on Taehyung's head; he was frozen.

"Hyungie, kiss me now," the bunny ordered.

No matter how much Taehyung wanted to kiss those soft plum lips, he knew he couldn't do that, not now.

"Petal, you know that we kiss only whom we love, right?" Taehyung tried to explain to Jungkook in his soft tone made only for him.

"Yes," Koo replied.

"Baby, not that love, I am talking about love love, like the love between your mom and dad," Taehyung said.

Jungkook was hyperventilating by now, his fears came to reality.

"So you don't love me?" He asked, tears glistening in his eyes.

"Baby-"

"Please don't baby me, Taehyung," it was the first time the younger called him by his name, and it was the first time Jungkook was Jungkook, not Koo; he was damn serious.

"I got the answer," Jungkook said before running away far from the elder.

Taehyung was frozen by the sudden event; he was so confused that he didn't realize that Jungkook was no longer with him.

"Baby, Koo," the elder shouted, trying to get the attention of the fading figure of Jungkook.

Taehyung came out of the mall to find the younger but found him nowhere; it felt like the younger disappeared into thin air.

He rushed to his car and came home, thinking Jungkook must have come back, only to find no one.

"Koo, baby, petal, where are you?" The mafia was on the verge of crying, his voice cracking.

"Hyung, did Koo come home?" the elder asked Yoongi, acting like he has gone crazy. It was the first time that the mafia addressed his right-hand man as hyung, and Yoongi was overwhelmed by it.

"No, he didn't come back," Yoongi said.

"Hyung, he...he left me," Taehyung knelt on his knees. The most dangerous mafia was on his knees now.

Yoongi couldn't see this situation of the mafia.

"Tae, what happened?" he asked.

Taehyung told him everything.

"He must be at Jin's, as he is new here, he has no place to go other than that," Yoongi said.

Taehyung bolted to his car with the speed of light.

"Liar, liar, liar, liar hyung, he is such a liar, he...he lied to me all...all along. Petal...*hiccup*, baby...*hiccup*...princess *hiccup*, all lies *hiccup*. He is a meanie," Koo was hyperventilating, crying loudly while his tears were falling from his pretty doe eyes non-stop. He was surrounded by tissue papers, some used, some unused.

"Baby, calm down for hyung, please," Jin said while pinching the bridge of his nose. Jungkook came here crying like half an hour ago, and he was crying non-stop since then.

His fear came to reality. Koo was in love. He was in love with the biggest rival of his family. He was torn between his responsibility as a brother and him being a Jeon.

"If he doesn't love me *hiccup*, then why act like he does," then he broke down in the arms of his brother, who sighed and kissed his head multiple times.

The moment was broken by the ring bell at the door.

Jin went to open the door to see the mafia itself, his demeanor totally opposite of what he always carries, he looked so...broken. Jin could see through him; he knows him too well.

"Did my baby come here?" the mafia asked the elder, pleading, his voice cracking.

"Come inside," Jin replied before himself going in.

"And close the door while coming," he added without turning back. The mafia did what the elder said.

When the mafia entered the living area, he saw the most painful sight: his baby sitting on the sofa, surrounded by dozens of tissue papers, his eyes bloodshot, his eyelids swollen, his nose red from crying, his cheeks scarlet.

"Baby," the mafia called the person he holds so much affection for, to get his attention.

Jungkook saw the elder, and anger got the best of him. He stood up from the sofa.

"Don't baby me, Kim Taehyung. I guess you have taken me as a real baby. I am a freaking 22-year-old grown-up. I do have feelings, and I am not a child," the younger lashed his anger on the elder and ran to his room.

Taehyung was dumbfounded. How wrong was Jungkook? How wrong he was to think that the mafia treats him like a child.

"What are you waiting for?" Jin asked the mafia.

"Claim your man, idiot," he added.

The mafia smiled at him before going to the door of the younger.

"Jungkook, open the door, please," Taehyung pleaded. He called the younger by his name, a clue that he was hell serious.

But no response.

He tried hard, called the younger till his throat gave up, but to no avail. The younger was adamant. He was sitting on his bed, clutching his favorite toy cherry, sobbing.

"Koo, baby, it's me, open the door for hyung, yeah," the crying boy heard his brother's voice.

"Promise me he will not come," the bunny put a condition.

The heart of the mafia ached at the words that left the mouth of the person he holds dear.

"I promise he will not," Jin said while looking at the mafia with pity.

Soon the door opened, revealing the beautiful person of this realm. He didn't even glance at the mafia, who felt like a kicked puppy.

Jin entered the door and locked it. He sat near the younger.

"Koo, why are you not talking to him? At some point, you have to," Jin inquired in the softest tone.

"I am afraid," the bunny whispered.

"Of what, my baby?" Jin said while hugging his baby brother.

"He will reject me," the bunny replied almost in a whisper.

"He will tell me that he has no feelings for me."

"He will tell me that he is sorry for not returning the feelings."

"He will..." the bunny broke down again. It was at this moment Jin realized what an inner turmoil his bunny was going through.

"Hush, my baby, don't cry, look at hyung," Jin tried to calm down his brother, he grabbed the cheeks of the younger to face him completely.

"Baby, as far as I know, you are the bravest person I know. You have always been the bravest; you didn't even get time to mourn your mother's death, but still, you stood tall. This situation can't be worse than that. If you think that he doesn't feel the same, then face it. Feelings can't be forced, right? Just face whatever is coming and move on. This is how life works, right?" Jin said with utmost care and softness.

Will you meet him ?", Jin asked to which koo nodded.