NINETEEN

(Dissociative disorders usually develop as a way to cope with trauma. The disorders most often form in children subjected to long term physical, sexual or emotional abuse or less often, a home environment that's frightening  or highly unpredictable.)
[Googled]

MARSHMALO | THEIRS

"Does he know... that-" Li hesitated before continuing, "that I took over during those times? No, he doesn't. I made sure to protect him from that truth. He doesn't need to carry that burden."

Rhys nodded understandingly, still holding onto Li for support. "We'll get through this together. You're not alone in this, and you're not your father. You have control over who you become."

Li looked up at Rhys with gratitude in his eyes, silently acknowledging the support.

"If he has a personality disorder? Yeah, he knows it. He knows I exist within him, but he doesn't know my name. He's just denying the truth that he has a personality disorder, which he never told you about. Mr. and Mrs. Keys knew about this too - just don't mention it to him."

_

Li slowly sat himself up and exhaled. He shuffled away from his comforter before setting his feet down on the wooden floor. He walked over to the window that was covered with the curtain, not letting any light in. He opened the curtain apart, "Looks like it's gonna rain..." Li murmured, shrugging it off. Seemingly, the sun is still not up.

As he headed downstairs, he saw his uncle on the couch in the living room. "Rhys," he called out as he walked over to him. "Rhys-" his eyes widened, his blood went cold. Rhys' lifeless body leaned against the couch, blood dripping from his slitted neck.

"W-what happened-"

"Oh, so you're Li?" An annoyingly familiar voice said behind him. He turned around to see, "Miss me?"

"Oliver," Li gritted.

"I didn't know little Elliot has a personality disorder," he said mockingly. "Did you-"

"Yeah, I did it. How's my masterpiece? Isn't it beautifully slitted?" Oliver said playfully. "Poor Rhys," Oliver clicked his tongue. Li stood there, blankly staring at Rhys's lifeless body. Before long, Li clenched his fist.

"I've decided," Oliver stepped closer to him. "That I should kill you too..." His eyes met Li's, and Li glared back at him. "Aww, is dear Li angry now?"

Then suddenly, Li's face softened and he smiled. "You're still jealous, aren't you?"

Oliver was taken aback and grimaced. "It's all your fault!"

Li tilted his head. "How is that my fault?" he asked, appearing clueless.

Then Oliver smirked. "You think those three will really like you? They're just interested in you, their new toy to play with."

"What about you? Do you think they still want you back?" Li said, stepping forward, causing Oliver to step back, his jaw clenched.

"You know nothing," Oliver growled. "You're being pathetic over them. You should know that."

With that, Oliver launched at him, crashing down on the glass coffee table. "You fucking bitch!" Oliver hovered over him, strangling him. Li struggled as his airway was clogged, choking, his other hand stuttered, reaching for something. His fingertips finally found something.

"Die!" Oliver shouted, but out of nowhere, a piece of glass was harshly stabbed into his side, making him scream in pain. Li gasped for air, coughing as he freed himself from Oliver's grasp.