🌼 FOURTEEN ▫️▫️

(STOPP, don't read this! Read the goddamn chap13 first!!--im sorry but chap13 is now below chap18-)

MARSHMALO | THEIRS

Feet tapping on the ground as the pace quickened. Elliott's pants slowed him down as he crossed the street. Where could he be going? Well, he had asked Owen if he could come over; it was late at night, and Owen had to respond immediately. He didn't need to sneak out since his parents were out of town.

They decided to meet at the end of the street.

Suddenly, Elliott began to regret it. Why? Because he thought he shouldn't run away as he would just be a burden. He wanted to call his parents, but he couldn't. Perhaps he would have to contact them later.

A few minutes later, Owen arrived with his motorcycle. Elliott sighed in relief as he let out a shaky breath. Owen took off his helmet, dismounted the motorcycle, and walked towards him. "Elliott—" Elliott couldn't do anything but hug him out of nowhere.

"I don't know what happened, but I'm here. I'm here now," Owen said, comforting the boy in his arms.

_

"I don't feel safe..." Elliott murmured, and Owen's ears perked up. "What do you mean you don't feel safe? Did something happen?" Owen's voice was filled with worry and confusion. "I... I can't say," Elliott stuttered. He shouldn't be asking for help, though he wasn't asking for help per se, but rather someone to talk to about his paranoia - what?

"I know we've only known each other for weeks, but I hope you can open up to me. Whatever's bothering you, I want to help," Owen said genuinely, but Elliott just messed up his hair. "I don't know what to do anymore," Elliott choked out a sob. "I'll get you some water," Owen said, smiling worriedly before heading to the kitchen.

As much as Elliott didn't trust anyone anymore, how come he trusted Owen? Was it because he had a crush on him? No?

Owen came back with a glass of water and handed it to him. "Can I ask you... what's wrong?"

Elliott turned his head towards him, his eyes becoming teary. He felt pathetic. He shouldn't be like this. If he had a problem, he should keep it to himself and not involve someone else. He debated internally whether he should tell Owen or not.

"Nothing... just feeling down about something," Elliott replied, though Owen wasn't convinced by his words, seeing how distraught Elliott looked.

"C-can I sleep here? I'll go home tomorrow... if that's okay. I mean, it's okay if you don't want me to—"

"It's okay, Elliott. Let me show you the guest room."

_

Laying down and staring at the ceiling, Elliott wondered if he was slowly losing his mind. Was it because he suddenly felt defeated by how difficult life seemed, as if he were fated to live like this? He started to hate himself, everything, and everyone. His eyes were blank as he stared up, doubts swirling in his mind.