🌼THREE▫️▫️

MARSHMALO| Theirs

Elliott was never this talkative until Owen and he started being friends, as if they had been friends since childhood, getting along so well. Olive was kind of like a third wheel, almost feeling left out sitting across from them. After Owen introduced himself to Olive, the two continued talking about their interests. The second-year college student pouted in his seat and huffed; he was a little bit jealous of that redhead. The older one missed the younger one's attention on him.

But little did they know that the three brothers were watching Elliott's closeness with the redhead. Their faces were expressionless, jaws clenched as they kept their possessiveness inside. They didn't like the redhead when they first saw him talking with Elliott, how the redhead could make Elliott smile and giggle - they were boiling inside. The urge to get up from their seats and pull the younger one away from the redhead, to show him that Elliott belonged to them, but not now. They didn't want to scare Elliott.

After parting ways in the cafeteria, Owen and Elliott went their separate ways while Olive whined beside him and clung to him. "W-what's wrong?" Elliott struggled in the hold of the older one. "I just became a third wheel, you know?" Olive dramatically said. Elliott chuckled, "You're still my first friend, you know."

Olive's eyes lit up, twinkling in delight. "Really! First friend! Don't you ever forget about me, okay?" Elliott nodded with a smile, making Olive smile too. Olive brought his hand to his hair and ruffled it, "You should smile more, you have a pretty smile."

Sitting at the back row again in the auditorium, he listened attentively to the lesson. Then suddenly, a paper airplane landed on him. He furrowed his eyes and looked around to see where it came from. When he turned his head, his eyes caught this person looking at him boredly, sitting in the second row from the back with his cheek resting on his palm. Awkwardly, he turned his head away and looked at the paper airplane. He started to unfold it before stealing glances at the back where the mysterious boy still looked at him in boredom.

As he unfolded the paper airplane, he saw something written on it.

"Come and find me,

Starting where you are...

Follow the ginger who is always in the hallway.

Elliott stared at the paper in disbelief. "Did it just say 'follow the... a ginger'?" Elliott blinked thrice, dumbstruck at some point. What could it possibly mean? He didn't realize that the professor had dismissed the class, and students were engaging in chatter as they packed up. Since it was the last class, others began grabbing their things and heading out of the auditorium, and he followed suit with his school bag.

Walking into the hallway, he scanned the surroundings, trying to find a person with red hair. Was it really referring to a ginger? No, it must be another ginger. He wasn't particularly skilled at solving riddles or understanding such things. Then, his eyes drifted to an orange cat leisurely strolling through the hallway, receiving pets from students.

Orange cat...

It's a ginger!

"Is it..." Elliott hesitated, but curiosity led him to follow the cat's path. Navigating through the bustling crowd of college students in the hallway, he found himself outside in the school grounds, trailing the ginger cat toward another building. As he followed, thoughts raced through his mind. Where was this cat leading him? Was he truly following the right ginger? Maybe, but he couldn't be entirely certain.