🌼NINE▫️▫️

RE-EDITED*

MARSHMALO | THEIRS

Elliott stared at his pale, skinny body, making him wonder if he was still alive or now a living dead. (Don't be like that, Elliott, beloved ಥ‿ಥ). There are some scars on the side of his abdomen and faded ones on his back. He felt disgusted with himself; he could still feel everything that happened to him back then, and he shivered at the thoughts. No matter how much he wanted to forget about it, it seemed stuck in his head and in his skin—the feelings, everything that happened.

He nibbled his lower lip as he spaced out. Suddenly, a knock on the door brought him back to his senses. He quickly grabbed the sweater thrown on his bed and put it on. "Come in."

The door slightly opened, revealing his uncle. "Hey, bud, are you okay now?" his uncle asked as he stepped into the bedroom. "Yeah," Elliott replied simply. "Anyways, what brings you here?" Elliott turned to him. "Oh, right! There's a package left on our doorstep, and it's for you."

Elliott's eyes widened as his heart started to beat rapidly, unsure yet anxious about this package. Rhys watched the young boy tense as he quickly ran out of his bedroom to downstairs.

As Elliott found a package on the floor that Rhys had seemingly brought inside to the living room without opening it. "I don't know who it's from—there's no sender written on it nor any indication of its contents."

Meanwhile, Elliott had never ordered something, and it's impossible for those scammers he blocked just a few days ago—could they be involved? He looked at the package, sealed with tape. "Should we open it? We should open it," Rhys said as he went to the kitchen to get the box cutter. "W-we shouldn't open it now," Elliott stuttered, unsure of what to expect inside. Rhys came back with the box cutter and handed it to him. Elliott wasn't sure if he should open it or not—what if the package was misdelivered to the wrong address or something similar.

While Rhys wanted to know what's inside, he patiently waited for the younger one to open it—thinking, What if it's from the younger one's crush? That would be something great—better have them go out and date each other then.

As Elliott cut through the tape, sliding it down to its other end and placing the cutter down, he slowly opened the package. What he saw made him gasp and probably want to run away from his life. He still crouched down and froze in his position. His heart pounded hard as if it would jump out of his ribcage anytime soon. Inside the box, there was a white paper with words written on it in a seemingly red substance.

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU"

Elliott fell back, and his hands started to tremble. What did he do wrong to receive this kind of death threat? Did he offend someone? Overthinking flooded his mind, making him anxious and nervous, and he began to hyperventilate.

Meanwhile, Rhys just stood behind his nephew, looking at the death threat with no sign of fear or emotion in his eyes. Rhys appeared calm and unbothered, as if it were a normal occurrence. Then his eyes shifted to the younger one, who was hyperventilating. He replaced his expression with concern on his face before dramatically falling to his knees and grabbing the younger one by its shoulder. "Elli! Are you okay? Calm down, calm down...breathe—take a deep breath, okay?"

Rhys said as he tried to calm the younger one down. When Elliott did calm down, the anxiousness still lingered on his face. "S-someone is gonna kill me..." he said in disbelief, feeling unsafe. His vision started to blur, and then he blacked out.