bonus | 20

Recap of Chapter 20:

Isabella stays at Draco's house, and the next morning they wake up feeling all tingly and kissy kissy, and Draco is like "oh no." so he calls Lily (recapped below) and drops Isabella back home, despite her protests.

"Hello?"

"Lily." he said sternly at first.

Lily's voice dropped an octave or two as she realised who was calling her, becoming more breathless and seductive.

"Draco." she mumbled.

"To whom am I to beholden this pleasure?" He knew what to say because he was aware of her strategy.

Even though she liked to make the game difficult, she was an easy catch. If you played the game long enough, she'd become perplexed and cave. She was fiery, but she was also submissive and patient.

"I'm coming over." he murmured before hanging up the phone.

Draco

Draco pushed right past Lily as soon as she opened the door.

"Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine." she remarked sarcastically.

He glared at her, then grumbled incoherently before collapsing on her couch in a heap. Lily looked at him in awe, confused as to why he seemed so disoriented and frustrated.

"Come over here." he said flatly, and luckily Lily was the type of girl who liked to be told what to do when it came to sex.

She smirked before approaching Draco and slinging one leg over his lap, straddling him.

"Do you feel better?" she asked in his ear, trailing kisses down his neck in obvious desire.

Her hands raked over his arms before reaching for his luscious hair. He moaned as she sucked on his skin and roughly gripped her hair-covered head before yanking her head back to capture her lips.

This is exactly what they did. This was how they were to one another.

Almost as soon as Draco began to ease into her actions, he felt more regret and guilt on his shoulders than he'd ever felt before. He opened his eyes, disgusted with himself for substituting Lily for a girl he felt much stronger feelings for.

She didn't feel at home in Draco like Isabella did. When he fell asleep with Isabella pressed up against his side, it felt like she had always been the missing puzzle piece. Lily felt awkward in his presence. She was a few inches taller than Isabella, who stood at 5'2. Lily wasn't Isabella, and that was all he needed to know before shoving her away.

Lily tumbled to the floor after falling backwards off his lap and the couch, but not before hitting her head against the corner of the coffee table.

"Fucking hell!" she screamed as she felt the searing pain.

She clenched her fists and glared up at Draco, seething in silence.

He gave her a brief glance before returning his thoughts to the girl he had just dropped back home to her son-of-a-bitch father. What on earth was he thinking? Why did he act the way he did? Why did he stop by Lily's? Why didn't he just kiss Isabella when the opportunity was right in front of him?

And why in the fucking hell was he so stupid?

He'd never find out why.

"Can we just talk?" he mumbled angrily, running his hands across his face and closing his eyes in an attempt to relax.

Lily took a breather and examined his dishevelled appearance. He appeared depressed. He felt exactly one tear fall down his cheek as he opened his eyes and found himself peering into her concerned eyes, asking him what was wrong.

Except for Lily and Reese, he never cried in public. He'd only ever cried in front of Isabella once, and he wasn't sure he'd ever be strong enough to do it again.

Lily bolted from the room without hesitation, and Draco didn't even have to ask where she was going. He sat patiently in his own sadness, and within a few minutes, she dashed back in with multiple blankets draped over her body and a bowl of popcorn in her arms.

She set everything down, allowing Draco to position the blankets and open the food while she went to the side of the room to turn off the lights, encasing the living room in as much darkness as the midday sun would allow. As she returned to the couch, she quickly turned on the one nearby lamp and grabbed the remote to the television to turn on something for them to watch.

"Oh look!" she exclaimed as she settled into the couch and stared at the television screen.

She turned to Draco and shook his arm vigorously.

"Netflix has just added all of the Scream movies! We must watch them Draco!" She exclaimed as she hurriedly pressed play and turned up the volume to eleven.

He chuckled at her antics, nodding along knowing that Lily would make him watch Scream even if he didn't want to. This is exactly what she did. She always told Draco that if they couldn't agree on anything, they'd have to compromise and do what Lily wanted.

He always laughed at her words, but that was one of her strengths. She let Draco sit back and unwind. She never compelled him to speak. She never compelled him to be as outgoing as most people. She always gave him time to think things through before he could explain his problems to anyone else. She gave him enough space so he didn't feel suffocated, but he also knew she was only an arms length away if he needed her. He was surprised that she could understand him. But she did it, and she did it very well.

Draco smiled at Lily's actions, grateful that she was Lily. Because that's exactly what they did. This was also how they saw each other.

They were friends.

And here's the lowdown on what happened between Draco and Lily after chapter 20!