20.

Draco

Draco couldn't stand the roaring scream. They were pounding on his ears, causing him to wince every now and then.

Who was screaming?

He groaned in frustration as he tried to move. The screams were deafening, and he considered sinking to drown them out.

Please stop.

The voice belonged to a young boy who was terrified and alone. He was afraid he'd never be able to escape the current situation. The boy was now whimpering. Pleading with the perpetrator to stop. Put an end to whatever they were doing.

Their cries went unheard, as the perpetrator grabbed their hands and pulled them down.

As the tears flowed harder, the boy's screams became louder.

No. Please no, no, no.

But the perpetrator wouldn't listen. They wouldn't listen to the helpless child in front of them, who was about to experience something no child or adult should ever have to face.

However, another voice could be heard. The voice was concerned as it called out to the little boy. Draco wanted to help the little boy who was shaking with fear. The little boy who trembled in fear of his father.

"Draco." The tone of the voice was gentle and loving.

Taking the once-small boy from his childhood nightmare. His childhood was a nightmare.

"Draco." Draco opened his eyes and pushed against the bed to sit up quickly, snapping out of the terror he had been living in his sleep.

Sweat trickled down his back, his eyes bloodshot and his throat hoarse.

He was that little boy.

Draco struggled to catch his breath after failing to calm himself down. A soft hand rested on his bicep, giving him a gentle squeeze to let him know she was right besides him.

Isabella crept over to his side, shuffling to get closer. She tried to let him know she wasn't leaving by resting another hand on his lap.

Draco stared at her in awestruck confusion. Everything seemed out of place all of a sudden.

The nightmare didn't end there. It didn't last all the way to the end. Draco didn't have to relive the entire scene for once.

Because of Isabella.

He embraced her in a tight and comforting hug as the thought settled in his mind.

"Thank you." he said relievedly.

Isabella hugged him back, taking a deep breath to remember his scent.

"It's alright." she mumbled.

She closed her eyes as she rested her head on his shoulder and he rested his atop hers.

"How long have they been going on?" she inquired quietly.

Shaking his head, he tried to recall when it all began.

"I'm not sure." he mumbled, bemused by his sudden lack of knowledge.

"Three years?" Isabella's eyes widened in surprise.

"That long?" He nodded his head, attempting to breathe calmly and relax himself.

Isabella felt compelled to hug him tightly and not let go. He had nothing to do with any of it.

She was also aware that he had not intended to say anything aloud. But she had heard enough to figure out what was causing his nightmares.

Please do not do this to my father.