38.

Draco

Draco was looking for everyone.

He grumbled as he took his phone from his pocket and dialled Reese's number. It took awhile for the idiot on the other end to respond.

"Dude, where the fuck are you guys?"

"At the car." Reese explained.

"We were thinking about going home and watching a movie or something." Draco rubbed his brows.

"You don't want to stay any longer?"

"We're good to go, man. Especially since you left Isabella." He became paralysed.

He was silent for a few seconds as he tried to come up with something to say.

"Was she." he began awkwardly.

"Was she upset with me?" On the other end, Reese sighed.

"Of course not, Draco; she could never be angry or upset with you. And if she was, she'd be over it in no time." Draco ran his hand through his hair, feeling a little guilty.

"So, what's the issue?" he questioned.

"The issue is that she is hurt." Draco took a deep breath.

He couldn't bear the thought of Isabella being hurt. It was as if a stake had been driven through his heart.

"Fuck." he muttered to himself.

"Reese, I had no idea it was such a big deal. A girl simply asked me to accompany her through the haunted house. I was feeling a little bad. She stated that she wished to make her ex jealous." As Reese laughed on the other end, he rolled his eyes.

"Did you notice her keeping an eye out for her ex while she was with you?" When that girl wasn't clinging to Draco's arm, he racked his brain.

"Actually no." he admitted with a sigh.

"And?" Reese questioned, telling him to go on.

"She was a little clingy." Draco grumbled, annoyance in his voice.

Reese burst out laughing.

"Shut the fuck up asshole." Draco muttered.

"I'll be there in a few minutes." Draco cut the call and stuffed his phone back into his pocket before Reese could respond.

He took a deep breath, letting his rage show, and began walking towards the parking lot. He was a complete moron. He should have realised that his actions were stupid. He wasn't even thinking. Fuck. She wouldn't be upset, would she? He'd be forgiven by her. She was always doing it.

He shook his head, attempting to clear his mind. No. He disliked the fact that she always forgave him. Isabella is a sweet, innocent girl. A lovely young lady with a lovely soul. And he was always taking advantage without even realising it.

It wasn't long before he arrived at the parking lot, as he remained engrossed in his thoughts. When Reese called out his name, Draco immediately raised his head to look for Isabella.

"Where is she?" he questioned impatiently as he approached the car.

Reese raised an eyebrow at Draco's nervous demeanour before pouting his thumb at the car.

"She's dozing off in the car with Lily. They became exhausted." He exhaled a sigh.

Draco gave a nod of approval.