26.

Isabella

Isabella sat in the passenger seat of Lily's car, her body aching from exhaustion.

"What did she say to you?" Shaking her head, she motioned for Lily to repeat her question because she was too preoccupied with her thoughts to hear the statement.

"What did she say to you?" Isabella's breath caught in her throat and she shook her head, signalling for Lily to let it go.

"Nothing that really matters."

"Bullshit." Lily said, one eyebrow raised.

"Isabella, you were crying." Isabella blushed as she reached up to feel her slightly damn cheeks, realising that not only Lily, but most likely the rest of the student population, had seen.

"Oh." she mumbled quietly.

She remained silent for a few more minutes, wondering if she could tell Lily. What difference would it make? After all, the girl had helped her out, so it's clear she doesn't mean any harm.

"Uh, she couldn't believe he kept me around for so long and that I must've been a good lay then." she nervously said, fidgeting with her fingers in her lap.

Lily paused for a moment before continuing to turn the car left.

"She says shit like that." Lily said, a small, comforting smile on her face.

Isabella returned Lily's smile before turning her head to face the window, watching the buildings go by and wondering where Lily was taking her.

"You and Draco will figure it out, you know?" Isabella wanted to believe the girl next to her, but how could she put all her trust in a stranger she hadn't known for so long?

"He's a jerk." Lily stifled a low laugh.

"Yes, he is capable of being that. But Isabella, he's really making an effort with you. He's content when he's around you. I mean, you should see the grin on his face whenever you're in his presence. It's the kind of smile that every girl wishes she could be the cause of." Isabella furrowed her brows and cast a brief glance over at Lily.

Isabella could tell Lily liked Draco more than just as a friend-with-benefits from the way she spoke and sighed almost dreamily. She couldn't stop herself from talking about it.

"What's the point of reassuring me? Why are you being so sweet? I know you like Draco so why are you trying to encourage him and me?" Lily remained silent for a few seconds, trying to come up with the right words to explain why she did what she did.

"I just.." she sighed slightly.

"I'm not going to be a bitch just because you're the girl who makes him happy and I'm not. Is it true that I'm bitter about it? Without a doubt. But I can't stand by and watch them harm you because he prefers you over me. That's just selfish thinking, and it's one of the traits I don't want to have."

"But he doesn't want me." Isabella explained.

"I told him how I felt, and he slapped me across the face with my feelings. He's had other girls, he's had you, he's had better, and I'll never be one of his options." Lily shook her head, oblivious to Isabella's words.

She quickly turned into a gated community that eerily resembled Draco's. Soon after, she turned into a driveway that led to Draco's house.

So this is where she took me, Isabella reasoned.

"Did he say that?" Isabella nodded confidently, as if she had persuaded Lily that Draco had no feelings for her.

Lily got out of the car, rolling her eyes and slamming the door shut. It all happened so quickly that Isabella struggled to keep up, quickening her pace to keep up with Lily.