18.

Draco

Draco loved Friday's.

School was always more enjoyable. Everyone was always more energised, and some sort of electricity flowed through everyone. It's nice when everyone is happy, even if it's just for one day.

Draco, on the other hand, was not having any of it.

"What happened?" she asked as she nudged his shoulder.

He groaned as he opened his eyes, rubbing them. The tiredness could be seen from a mile away. He was tired, and something told her it wasn't from a lack of sleep.

"I saw him." Lily came to a halt as she tied her hair up in a ponytail.

She took a breath before opening her mouth to speak.

"Oh." she said quietly.

Draco agreed with a nod of his head.

"Yeah. Oh." She placed a hand on his forearm, her lips pursed.

She tried to comfort him by gently squeezing his hand.

"When? How?"

"Mall. I'm not sure." He shook his head, as if trying to deny the words that were coming out of his mouth.

"Did he see you?" she asked, her voice tinged with rage.

"Yeah, he was with some girl who was probably too young for him, and I happened to run into him by accident." Lily tried to organise her thoughts as she looked out at the courtyard in front of them, but she found it difficult because they kept jumbling themselves up.

"He'll never get to her." she concluded after some deliberation.

She shook her head, as if trying to persuade herself, and whispered the words to herself. Maybe if she tells them enough times, the lie will consume them and convince them that this is how reality will unfold.

She pursued her lips as a small sigh of defeat escaped her slightly open mouth, sparing him a glance. In all honesty, Lily didn't know how to console Draco any longer. There was a time when she was his rock, aside from Reese, of course. However, Reese was making his way in Hollywood and wasn't always available to speak in person. Lily was overjoyed when Draco turned to face her.

She was overjoyed to finally be getting the attention she so richly deserved. Given that she'd been present when bad news broke, when Draco would cry silently. She'd wrap her arms around him and rest her cheek on his back. She was always trying to let him know that he had someone who was there for him at that time. She was never sure if her efforts were rewarded, but it was implied when he willingly admitted things to her.

He'd made her a piece of metal in the shape of his anchor. She was delighted to be a part of it.

That was no longer the case.

It had been fine for a while, but Lily had been pushed aside ever since a certain shy girl waltzed into his life. That was undeniably true, and there was no disputing it. Lily, sadly, had to face it as well, and it did not sit well with her.

It wasn't exactly reassuring to know that she had to work for a year to finally get Draco to open up about a sliver of his life to her. To finally allow her a peek through the door, which was no longer completely closed to her.

Then Isabella Anderson storms in, slamming the door open with no complaint from Draco. He simply left her alone, and Lily knew exactly what that meant.

It was painful for her.

He no longer lets her in. He tells her things but won't let her in. He may not tell Isabella everything he tells Lily, but he does let Isabella in.