3.

Isabella

Isabella awoke to the blinding sunlight entering her room and sat up, squinting at the brightness. The amount of sleep she had gotten the night before was insufficient to keep her awake for the day ahead.

Sighing, she made small efforts to slowly climb out of bed, and she hesitated once she sat at the edge of her mattress.

Perhaps she should stay at home today. School could be postponed.

The pain in her spine folded over her shoulder to meet the bruises on her collarbone. It was nearly impossible for her to move, and even trying to be productive made her feel pitiful. It's not like her presence at school would be missed.

No one wanted to see her in her hideousness.

Scarlett was their favourite.

The sister who could never do anything wrong. Scarlett was truly stunning. She was a popular girl at Sunflower Academy because of her delicate features. Most places, her 5'7 curvy figure sashayed. Allowing men to see her hips' prominent curves.

Scarlett was quite the flirt, just a hint. Isabella, on the other hand, saw nothing wrong with it.

The girl was self-assured enough to walk around in her revealing clothes. Scarlett clearly thought highly of herself. That was alright.

Isabella, on the other hand, wore baggy shirts and leggings, indicating that she didn't value any aspect of herself.

And if she tried, the perpetrators at school would mock her for attempting to imitate her sister. Because there was only one Scarlett, and no one dared to try to impersonate her.

Isabella knew her younger sister was loved as soon as she reached sounding age.

And she realised that the way her parents treated her was not how normal children should be treated.

Her mother's laughter and cuddling with Scarlett. Scarlett's father kissing her goodnight after reading her a bedtime story. The way both of her parents fussed over her.

Isabella was well aware. She wasn't meant to be a member of the family she was assigned to. They didn't want her, and Isabella gave up after years of attempting to persuade her that she had a daughter. She, too, did not want them. Isabella knew that was a lie every time the pain sliced a part of her body.

She desired to be loved. She desired to be appreciated. Her family, on the other hand, constantly reminded her of who she was.

A mistake.

Isabella accepted this. She agreed to play the part.

The role of upsetting a nearly perfect family. Because, without Isabella, the Anderson family would be completely and utterly flawless.

It was painful for her to be so alone, with no one by her side. But Isabella wondered bitterly at times, How was it all my fault?

After all, it was her mother's infidelity that was exposed.

Then Isabella realised she was a constant reminder of her mother's betrayal to her father. That is why she was despised.

She was the family's flaw.

And she couldn't be discarded like the bottles of alcohol her father threw at her.

So she sobbed, and the tears burned her cheeks like acid. Allowing each mask to be scorched off her face one at a time.

And Isabella dreaded the moment when the final mask would burn and cripple away, revealing the truth. Isabella, on the other hand, would not live long enough.

She'd make certain of it.

I hope you're enjoying it so far

Leave a comment to let us know what you think! Those are some of my favourite points of view, haha. Consider voting if you really enjoyed the chapter! If you think I have potential, a follow would be cool as well.

But, uh, only if you want to. 🤍