23.

Draco

Draco walked out of the school at a leisurely pace, not in a rush to get home.

Everything seemed so dull and silent these days. He didn't know what it was, but he might have. Perhaps it was the return of his father.

Perhaps it was just the weather.

He navigated the petite girl waiting by his car, clearly waiting for a ride home, coming to a stop before the steps leading up to the school. She sat on his car's hood, her plaid skirt falling over her thighs. She appeared to be biting her nails as she turned the page of whatever book she was reading.

Draco approached her from behind, wondering if he scared her enough that she would jump and fall off the car.

Taking a chance, he lightly tapped her on the shoulder to alert her to his presence. She had other ideas, and instead of falling off, she gripped the book even tighter and turned around, whacking him into the next dimension.

Hopefully she had a good reason for doing so.

He stumbled backwards as the weight of the thick book caught up with him. After a few seconds, he was able to control his movements and caressed the side of his temple where the corner of the book had pushed right up against.

"Fuck." he yelled as he felt the blood trickle down his chiselled cheekbones.

He heard a squeak as Isabella jumped out of the car and hobbled over to him, a worried expression on her face.

"I'm truly sorry!" As she tried to hide a laugh, he rolled his eyes at her insincere apology.

She nearly snorted as a laugh bubbled up inside her as she looked up at his shocked face.

What the fuck was she laughing about?

He groaned as the throbbing pain spread to the back of his head as he held the side of his head.

Isabella couldn't stop laughing at the situation, despite his intimidating expression and stance.

"Why do you always strike people as your first reaction?" She shrugged, a genuine smile on her lips.

"Instinct?" Tears welled up at the corners of her eyes from laughing so hard.

"Aggressive bitch." he hissed as he sat on the hood of his car, wiping away the almost dried blood.

She snatched the book from his grasp and whacked his bicep.

"Language!" she exclaimed, leaning her back against the car's wind shield.

Shaking his head, he tried to keep a smile from spreading across his face. He'd be irritated if it were anyone else. But this was Isabella, and her reaction was a step forwards from the first time they had this type of encounter.

He looked up at the sky, slightly laughing at the memory. She turned towards him with an eyebrow raised and a small smirk on her face as she heard his chuckle.

"What?" He laughed again, shaking his head.

"Nothing." he mumbled, smiling.

"Just remembering the first time this happened and how you barely feel sorry now compared to then." Her eyes glazed over, as if she was reminiscing about throwing a boxing glove at him and giving him a bloody nose.

The smile that reached her eyes told her that this was a memory she'd never forget.

She nudged him a little, rolling her lower lip under her teeth.

"Well, we're now friends."

"And you're a lot more open with your personality now." he joked.

"I mean, what's the deal with the aggression?"