Chapter 106 - Nie Yan's Talent

"You rotten punk! Your parents owe so much money. Even if we sold you off, do you really think you'd somehow pay it back?" Uncle Luo Ming's wife sneered.

Unlike his wife, however, Uncle Luo Ming's prior arrogance had vanished almost entirely. He couldn't help but notice that the atmosphere around his nephew was completely different from the past. He no longer dared to treat Nie Yan like a child he could easily push around.

"Little Yan, have you been training recently? Come, let your Uncle Lin see how much you've grown!" This recent development made Mr. Lin feel happy and rekindled his desire for a good fight. Seeing his old comrade's son finally grow up was also one of the things he desired to witness in his life.

Mr. Lin pushed past Luo Ming and Nie Yan's other relatives. Although the space in the house was a little narrow, it was still more than sufficient for sparring. In fact, a narrow space would actually better reflect the abilities of both fighters.

Uncle Luo Ming and the others all stared at Mr. Lin with bewildered looks on their faces. Just what in the world was Lin Ya planning to do?

"Yes!" Nie Yan nodded his head. He felt great respect towards Mr. Lin, but even more so a deep sense of shame. In his past life, due to their relation with the Nie Household, Mr. Lin and his family were targeted and fell into poverty.

Mr. Lin suddenly threw a fist at Nie Yan.

Nie Yan put up a horizontal guard with his left arm and retaliated with a strong sidekick. His leg produced a faint whistling as it flew towards Mr. Lin's chest.

"Nice kick!" Mr. Lin said, pleasantly surprised. He leaned to the side, dodging the kick, and then closed in with an elbow strike.

Nie Yan hastily got out of the way and returned with a powerful roundhouse kick.

Mr. Lin raised his arm to block.「Bang!」The strength of the kick forced him several steps back, regaining his balance only after supporting himself on a nearby desk. The great force that he had just been inflicted with shocked him, but the joy he felt at experiencing Nie Yan's growth firsthand greatly surpassed his alarm. He heartily laughed and said, "Not bad! Come, let's go again!"

They had several more exchanges, but the outcome of the battle still could not be determined. Luo Ming and the other relatives were filled with astonishment as the spectacular scene unfolded before their eyes. Lin Ya was an army veteran, and his ability in martial arts wasn't anything to scoff at. Even six grown men normally wouldn't be his match, yet Nie Yan had managed to last this long against him. Not to mention he was able to fight on par with Lin Ya the entire time. The fact that he could manage such a feat was simply just too inconceivable.

「Bang!」Nie Yan and Mr. Lin both retreated several steps.

"Little Yan, you've been learning martial arts, right? Not bad... Uncle Lin is already old, so I can't compare with you youngsters," Mr. Lin praised without restraint. He was happy for his old comrade. With Nie Yan's ability, as long as his academics weren't too bad, getting into the number one military academy wouldn't be a problem. They might even take the initiative to recruit him!

"I've only learned a little. Uncle Lin, you might be old, but you haven't grown weak at all."

"Being too modest isn't good either. So, have you thought about what you want to do for university...?" Mr. Lin nervously asked.

"No, I haven't," Nie Yan shook his head and replied. He still hadn't considered this matter. After all, that was still over a year away.

"Apply for the number one military academy then. I have an old army buddy working as a combat instructor there. I can ask him to put in a word for you. Besides, your talent is an additional reassurance. Your academics shouldn't be a problem either. Back then, your father had barely failed to get in, and it became one of the biggest regrets in his life, but you'll surely pass. Next year in January, the academy is hosting exams for special enrollment students. You must definitely apply then!" Uncle Lin exclaimed.