BLOOD

thirty-three | Blood

ᴠɪᴇɴɴᴀ

Gripping the sword in my hand, I avoid the bloody vines that cover the floor. I couldn't even see the floor the vines were so thick. They were everywhere. The back room of my house is only a few feet away, and my thoughts were raging at what could be in there.

Stepping around the vines, holding onto the wall for stability, I pause at the door frame. I take deep breaths, trying to think of what could be causing all of this. I was terrified that I would find a corpse hanging on my wall, golden eyes dull and life-less, that spark dead within their irises. I was terrified that I would find out what happened to Sapnap's corpse, and I was terrified that the others would be there too. It was unlikely, but it's not like we checked the other graves..

If the others were in there, what could I do? Just thinking about the bodies covering the floor, bugs crawling through the holes in their decaying skins, their ribs visible. Their eyes staring at the ceiling, at me, as they laid on the floor, waiting for someone to come save them. No one ever came for the dead..

I felt like I was going to be sick just thinking about it.

I hold the back of my hand up to my mouth, closing my eyes and leaning on my knees, the tip of the sword hitting the ground. I felt something slide across my leg, and I couldn't keep the vomit down. Turning to the side, and trying to keep the few strands of hair out of the way, the contents of my stomach are emptied onto the vines. Not that there was much in my stomach, I hadn't eaten. My throat burned when I was done, and I refused to look at the ground, I would just throw up more. So instead, I kept my eyes closed and faced the doorway to my weapon room, the smell of vomit crossing my senses as I push my hair back behind my shoulders, hoping none got into it.

"Fuck.." I breathe, my voice sounding hoarse, I can still taste the bile on my tongue. I don't have a way to get it off, unless I go back into the bathroom and get some water out of the faucet, but I was already this far. I don't think I would come back if I turned away now.

I nod my head, hoping my saliva would rid the disgusting taste in my mouth, and open my eyes, still gripping the sword. My grip was faltered, but it was still there. My other hand grips the doorframe, my knuckles turning pale as I ready myself to cross through, preparing myself for what awaited me.

I hope I won't get killed.

Nodding once more, I push myself past the vines that slowly moved along the floors. I thought the hallways were covered, but the back room was far worse.

The vines climbed the walls and split like lightning across the ceiling, broke the small window that let the small amount light filter through the room, little red particles floated around giving the room a red haze. The weapons and little scraps of armor that hung on the walls were either broken or scattered underneath all of the vines. There wasn't any saving for those weapons, the armor much the same. The vines covered much of the floor, it was hard to walk into it without stepping onto one of them. The room smelt of iron and pollen, probably from the little red flowers that sprouted on the vines.