REMEMBRANCE I

eighteen \ Remembrance I

Jolting awake, Tommy felt the cold night air blowing through his hair, ghosting over his skin, sweat dripping from his forehead

Jolting awake, Tommy felt the cold night air blowing through his hair, ghosting over his skin, sweat dripping from his forehead. He looked around him quickly, his breaths shallow and his thoughts irrational. His hands were stationed on his heart, feeling the rushed beats against his chest.

The blonde looked around him, seeing everything that shouldn't be there, everything that he remembers burning. The books he burned were still stacked on the edge of the table, the party hat, and the lantern was still burning slightly in the middle, and the journal was still wide open.

"It was just a dream.." the boy concluded, his heart rate calming slightly. "It was just a dream.." Tommy was confused, scared even. He didn't remember falling asleep, he didn't remember even feeling tired. He thought it was all real. None of this made sense to him, why did he have that dream?

Tommy could still hear the night time creatures outside, and he couldn't see any other light besides his lantern, it was still dark out. And by the way everything was acting, Tommy didn't think the sun would be out for another few hours or so.

So, the boy laid back down, trying to formulate a better thought than his last ones, trying to get something in his mind that wouldn't contribute to another nightmare like the last one. He didn't want to go back to that place.

That place was dark, and it smelt of death. It was cold, and it was terrifying, it was harsh and everything the boy hated. So he thought of some place nice, and warm, and calm.

His mind went to the van Wilbur had, before it was destroyed. His mind wandered to the small houses inside of a large, calming wall, and his friends.

His friends.

Standing in a field, flowers swaying in the wind, bird flying in sky, a man with brown hair was alone. He had a navy trench coat on, golden accents and tassels on his shoulders. The man was alone, but he was smiling.

There was a slight feeling of uneasy, but it was snuffed out in a matter of seconds, because there was another person with the man. The new man was more of an animal than human, but was standing there with the brown-haired man.

It was calm, and it was nice, and it was warm.

Tommy stood in the field now, his blonde hair falling into his eyes from how long it had gotten, and his face was smothered by a large smile. He ran to the duo in front of him, feeling his heart swell at the thought of seeing his friends.

He grabbed the brown-haired man's shoulder, and stood beside him, smiles on each of the trio's faces, warm, nice, and calm.

This would be their home.

This would be L'Manburg.

Walls made out of black stone erupted from the ground, stacking into the sky easily, surrounding a small van. Five people sat around a campfire, the moon shining down onto them from above. Two boys laughing on the ground, and the other three men watching with a smile.

Tubbo and Tommy, Wilbur, Fundy and Eret, all wearing matching outfits, navy and gold, black and white. They had smiles on their faces, and warmth in their hearts, proud of their new home, proud of the place they would grow in.

The others sang songs while Wilbur played the guitar, and then they would sleep under the stars. They would create a better life here, and they would be free from their troubles. They would live with each other and love each other like brothers, like family.

They were friends, they were brothers. They were family.

Daylight hours were great for the people of L'Manburg, but the nights were even better.

They would stay up and be wild, be happy and crazy with each other. They didn't have a care in the world, the only one they had was about the sun coming up in a few hours. They didn't care for anything other than that.

They didn't care that their neighboring city was planning on destroying them, or that one of their own was going to betray them, and that two of them was going to die in the next years. They didn't care that they would drift apart, a canyon left between each of their souls, mentally and what would feel like physically.

Tubbo would become President, Tommy would become exiled, Fundy would be left alone, Eret would betray them, and Wilbur would die. But they didn't care, because they didn't know, they didn't know that the future of their country was not bright, but was cursed, and was dark.

It wasn't nice, it wasn't kind, and it wasn't warm, but they didn't care.

They were happy now, and they only cared for that. They cared for each other, because that's what friends did.

Friends didn't manipulate, they didn't gaslight, they were narcissistic. They weren't twisted to the point that they would kill each other if it benefited them more. They were everything that Dream wasn't.

Everything that Dream wasn't.

860 words
:)