THE DECISION I

Six | The Decision I

ᴠɪᴇɴɴᴀ
ʟ'ᴍᴀɴʙᴜʀɢ

The 72 hours were up, and we were all waiting for Dream to come to L'Manburg. We waited, Quackity, Tubbo, Ranboo, Tommy, Ainsley and Mavern, Fennen and Fundy, Niki and Philza, and a man with snow white hair and blue eyes. The last person who I haven't met yet.

I stood closer to Ainsley and Mavern as they quietly talked amongst themselves. Every now and then, Mavern would look up and smile at me, then go right back to her conversation. Of course, I smiled back to be nice, I did want to be friends with her and Ainsley, seeing as we, along with Niki, were the only females in L'Manburg. Probably in this entire land if I'm being completely honest.

Tommy was back to his pacing, his head hung low and he kicked the dirt around under his feet. Tubbo stood behind him, and was talking to him, or to himself. I wasn't close enough to hear. But by the way Tommy was reacting, I could guess it wasn't good.

I glanced over at Quackity, wondering how he was doing, but I found him talking with Fennen and Fundy, his face covered in with a smile as he listened to the two men joke around. I couldn't understand how they could be doing good in this situation, how any of them could. But I was happy to see that they were able to find something to smile about in this.

I wish I could say the same.

"You're Vienna, correct?" A voice said behind me, an accent that sounded much like Tubbo and Tommy's, I hadn't even heard them walk up to me. Turning around, I see the man with white hair and blue eyes. A ghost of freckles on his face, and the bright blue of his eyes made me think of a man with pink hair and a bone mask that stayed attached to his memory. I stare in shook, I swear I can see him in the shifting colors of this mans eyes. But I blink, and it's the truth.

Technoblade is gone, and won't be coming back. I have to understand that by now.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm her." I reply to the man a second too late, and he smiles a flashy white smile, not finding any problem in my hesitance. His eyes crinkle as his smile reaches his eyes, his hand reaching out for a handshake.

"I'm Neico Quinn, I don't believe we've met?" I take his hand firmly, then remove my hand from his.

"Nice to meet you." I say softly, his eyes still captivating my attention. I couldn't look away, and all I could see was him.

Neico takes a step back, opening his mouth to say something else just as a scraping sounds erupts from the obsidian wall surrounding us, and a white mask appeared over the edge, alone. Dream was wearing his normal colors, white, black and forest green, and of course his axe swung loosely at his side. His mask looked cleaner, but the lines that formed the neutral expression were still shaky. This was clearly a new mask because there was normally a crack right down the right eye.

I felt anger boil in my blood, and could hear my mind yelling at me to do something, anything at all, but nothing comes from the raging fire that burns in my mind. I don't allow myself to move, but I do show my distaste through a sneer. Dream doesn't even glance my way, but heads straight to the President.

Tubbo stands straighter when the masked man reaches him, and I hear a small chuckle.

"I hope you all weren't waiting long?" He says, his hands relaxing on his axe, and turns to look at every one of us individually, sizing us up and making a decision. "I would hate to be a bother."

"We just got here, it's fine." Quackity says, folding his arms over his chest. His beanie is pulled back slightly, showing more of his face. His eyes are alight with the flame I could feel inside myself, and I was glad someone was able to do something with it. Mine was going to waste.

"Good, good." Dream turns back to face Tubbo, and wraps an arm around his shoulders, it was easy to see Tubbo's discomfort. However, none of us dared to move, none of us dared to try and free the boy from this mans grip. We were afraid of what that axe could do if we moved closer, even if by a single step.

"I expect we will be going some place that isn't so-" Dream waves his hands in the air gently, looking for the word. "populated?" Tubbo nods hastily, and looks around the L'Manburg land in a hurry to find a more suitable place for the next conversation to occur. His eyes lands on the old drug van Wilbur made before the first war. Before the election, it was destroyed, now it was back to its former self, completed with everything that Wilbur originally made it out of.

Tubbo gestures for the van, and he, Tommy, Quackity and Fundy all followed, those four being the main people of the country.

Tubbo offered me a place on his cabinet, he was going to give me Fundy's now spot, but I declined. The office wasn't a place for me, didn't suit my lifestyle. I was more of a person who wanted to be free, wanted to have no boundaries, even if I'd rather stay behind walls built higher then any ceiling, taller then any mountain. I just liked the idea of being able to go, and not look back. To just leave, and never have to say that I felt trapped, or felt as if I could never move without thinking I'd fall to my death.

I just liked the idea of never having been chained to a place I couldn't leave, to a broken place no one wanted. I just liked the ideology that came with that simple fact. I just liked to be free.

"Vienna!" I heard Quackity yell from the van, his head popping back out to signal for me to come in. "Come on!" He says, before disappearing back into the grey van. I feel the others eyes glued onto my back, watching as I walk slowly to the van, wondering why the hell I am being called into this.

I open the van door, and walk right in.

𝟷𝟶𝟾𝟽 ᴡᴏʀᴅs
ᴀ/ɴ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ ɢᴏɪɴʜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ sʟᴏᴡ, ᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ғᴀsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʟɪᴋɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘᴀʀᴛs. ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ɢᴏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ɪᴅᴋ ʏᴇᴛ.

ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ!