OPTIMISTIC

thirteen | Optimistic

ᴠɪᴇɴɴᴀ

Morning came quicker than I had expected, as did the sudden weather. I heard the thunder boom outside the living room window, and the rain pelting down on the roof. I cringe at the sound, having bad memories of rain..

Last night was a blur of words and actions, a ghost having stayed put in the middle of the room, his transparent hair floating in the air, his entire body defying gravity. His entire being defying logic, supernatural. The most I remember before passing out on the couch was Jschlatt talking about how much he fucked up everything, and how he wanted to fix everything, just didn't know how.

I agreed to help him.

But now, with the sun hidden behind large storm clouds and falling rain, I realized that I had to do something more important, something more hurtful. I had to say goodbye to Tommy. Today was the day of his exile after all..

I find myself staring at the ghost sleeping in my living room, his body just floating above the ground. I came up with the conclusion, more of an excuse, that since Jschlatt wasn't the first ghost I've seen, most likely not the last with everything that's happening, I wasn't freaking out as much as I should've. If I never saw a ghost before, maybe I would've been terrified, or maybe even just a little bit scared, but seeing as I have, I guess I'll never know what would've happened.

What I do know however, is that the rain was pouring down, and the lightning was flashing across the sky. I see it splinter off in patterns, cracking across the sky easily. I hated it all.

Standing from the couch, watching as Schlatt's ghost stirs in his sleep as the thunder claps. He groans and stretches, annoyed at the sudden noise. He leans up at sneers at the window, watching the rain create large puddles outside. I walk up the stairs as he looks around the house, like he forgot where he was for a moment, then slouches. He remembered where he was I guessed.

Starting back up the stairs to my room, I took notice of how empty it felt. I got use to everyone always in my house, even after the explosion. I got used to seeing Niki sleeping in the chair with one of my old books settled her lap, I remember always having to cover her with a blanket. I got use to Tubbo and Tommy occasionally coming over for dinner, cracking jokes and playing catch outside while I made the food. They always helped clean up after, and would sometimes stay over, all three of us curled into one of the chairs in the living room.

I got use to the feeling of knowing people were just downstairs if the night got too rough, that I could always just roll out of bed and find someone sleeping right next to me on the floor, weather it be a woman with uniquely dyed hair, or a man with a blood red cloak and a rusted, golden crown. Someone was always there, even if I didn't know it.

There was alway blankets in the floor of every room, someone always crashing against something in the middle of the night, someone always forgetting to turn off a light. There just an always, but now there was nothing.