BUTCHER

twenty-five | Butcher

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ

ᴏ̨ᴜᴀᴄᴋɪᴛʏ

It had been days since Tommy's exile, many were still taking it hard, and some were moving on quicker than expected. Among those few was Vienna and Tubbo, Niki and Fundy, some of the blonde boy's closest friends, or people who he would consider close. Quackity would be among those four, if anyone had seen or heard from him. It seemed like Quackity was missing, no one heard for him in days. No one knew where he had dissapeared to after Tommy left, no one thought to look for him either.

They weren't aware of the things the man filled his free time with, and for being the Vice President of a rebuilding country, a rebuilding nation, he had a lot of free time. Quackity filled his time in the little cabin near the ocean, rebuilding the old walls that he remembered to look so much more lively, he remembered them to be more. Just more. He remembered them to be painted a dull gray, adding attention to the colorful pictures, the plants that were covering the walls and counters. He remembered the colorful flowers he and a dead man grew, watching them dance in the bright sun light every morning. He just remembered more color, more life to this place. He didn't remember the darkness, the emptiness, this place carried.

The day that Quackity found himself following an old beaten up path was the day he started to fall apart, the day he realized just how much he had changed. Before Jschlatt's death, before losing his husband, Quackity was a happy man, even while being in the relashionship he was in. He hardly ever found himself so far down that he didn't think he could move, much less get up. He never found himself drowning so far deep in unknown waters that he could feel his lungs collapsing with every choked sob, or every tear filling the sea that he was drowning in. No, he hardly ever found himself down at all.

But time had changed him, the short amont of time it took was what was alarming, not the person he had become. From the happy, unbothered man he started out as, came a man that wanted revenged, wanted freedom. He was tired of wasting his time fixing this worthless cabin, he wanted to do something good, something he thought was good so he could climb out of this ocean. So he could stop drowning.

No one could think that someting was going to be trying to go after the most powerful people the citizens of L'Manburg knew, and trying to revive a man that wasn't completely gone. Quackity wanted to kill Dream, wanted to kill Technoblade, and wanted to revive Jschlatt. He thought that if he did these three things that he would find closure, whatever he needed it for. He never once thought about what this would mean to the people, how they would react. He didnt even doubt his ablitly to take down the two most feared people this country had ever incountered, he never thought he might lose.

He couldn't afford to think that way.

So Quackity found himself staring at a torn up poster of Dream, of Technoblade, and of Jschlatt in his old home, the old, broken cabin near the ocean. Each poster was cut in such a way that would suggest that it had been slashed by a knife or sword, an axe thrown through it. Even the edges were burnt on the three posters, but only poster was destroyed more than the others. Only one had more slashes, more tears, more burnt holes than the other two.

That poster belonged to the former president of L'Manburg, Quackity's deceased husband that wasn't really dead, who was acually sleeping next to a woman with silver hair, surrounded by stacks of old books and pictures, both trying to help eachother. Quackity though the horned man he loved was dead, and was going to try and bring him back, no matter what it took from him. He didn't care if it took his own life, his soul, his few remaining friends that were running lower everyday, he didn't care. He just wanted his husband back, he just wanted his friend back.

He wanted Technoblade and Dream dead, and he wanted Jschlatt back.

While the man with the navy beanie sat on the old flooring of his old home, holding a dull butcher's knife in his hand, burning holes into the torn papers nailed to his walls that were barely holding themselves together, he thought of ways to bring his dreams into reality. He would toss the butcher's knife up in the air, waiting for the comfort of the heavy handle to reach his palm again, and would throw the knife at the posters, almost always finding the metal sinking into the poster that belonged to Jschlatt.

Quackity started to call himself the butcher. And the Butcher was going to form an army, and that army would help him kill the White-Masked man, and the Blood God. The Butcher never once cared how this would affect everyone else. He didn't care.

The kind, caring, funny man he once was had died the same day Jschlatt did, and what was born after was a man who had nothing to lose. Everyone knows what they say about a man who has nothing left to lose.

Just no one thought it could be Quackity to snap first, to go off the rails. They all thought it would be Vienna, tucked away in those old woods alone without someone to hold her through the rough nights, or someone to wake her when the nightmares were too much. Everyone thought it would be the woman who had lost so much in such a little amont of time, who had no time to process everything, who never let herself grieve because she was afraid of what would happen if she allowed herself to do so. Everyone thought it would be the woman who saw ghosts, and held a dagger closer than a person. A woman who was becoming afraid to let anyone as close as a man with golden honey for eyes and a man with a rusted crown had once been, a man with white mask with a painted smile, a spy with dark sunglasses, a man with goggles a-top dark brown hair, because she had lost everyone who she was closest with. And she didn't think she could handle anymore, she knew she couldn't handle anymore loss.

No one thought it could be Quackity.

1170 words

:)

A/n- finished my work for today a bit earlier than I expected, so I decided to put out a chapter for you guys! hope you enjoyed it!

also, let me know if you listened to any music while reading this chapter, I'd love to listen to you're suggestions <3