TRANSPARENT

A/N- I recommend playing Cessura by Ever So Blue, it gave this chapter more character for me :)

twelve | Transparent

ᴠɪᴇɴɴᴀ

I stared at the ghost floating in my kitchen, knife clattering to the floor. Jschlatt doesn't react, simply tries to grab the bottle again and again to no avail. He didn't turn when I called to him, like he didn't think I was talking to him, like there was someone else in the house other than him. Or, just because he didn't care at all.

"Jschlatt, what the fuck are you doing here?!" I ask again, hearing a low sigh coming from the horned mans mouth, his bright, glowing eyes piercing through my soul as he frowns in confusion, like he wasn't expecting to be caught. He stops trying to grab the bottle and floats towards me, the streaks of blue running down his dark face causing me to back away from him. He kept pushing towards me, right up until my back hit the door, his floating body towering over me. He was intimating to say the least. Every dead person was.

He stares at me, the blind light seeping from his eyes blinding my own, the blue causing strain. I had to close my eyes multiple times to not cause a headache. Jschlatt backs off quickly, forcing me to wonder what in the hell was going through his mind, if it was even still intact. His mouth opened slightly, his brow pinching together slightly, like he realized what I was saying. He seemed to realize that there was no other person here except for him and I. That he was indeed caught.

"You- you can see me?" he asks softly, pointing from himself to me, over and over again, like he was stuck on repeat. He's shocked when I nod with more confusion than I started out with. I was confused on why a dead man was floating in my house, and now I was confused on why he was surprised that I could see him. Wouldn't someone else have spotted him? Wouldn't someone else be just as confused as I was?

"You can see me, someone can see me.." He tilts his head back with a smile, something I never saw on him when he was alive. "I'm not alone."

"What do you mean Schlatt?"

"Is that really my name? Jschlatt?" His body flies to me quickly, hands twitching to life and reaching towards his face, as if he couldn't quite grasp the fact that he was talking to someone, that he was alive I guess. I nod again, moving around the wall, my originally question going unanswered. Jschlatt eyes widen, the light getting brighter, then dimming all together. Something sad washes over his face, eyebrows turned up at the corners, and his mouth frowning. Was it something I said?

Well I haven't said much of anything really, so it must be something I did..

"Quackity was blaming me.." He whispers, but doesn't really whisper. It was more like a mumble than anything else. "Quackity- does Quackity still hate me? Does everyone still hate me?" This time, it was a whisper. A sad, low whisper.