GHOSTS III

Eleven | Ghosts III

ᴊsᴄʜʟᴀᴛᴛ

Feeling something in my heart ache as I stare at the newly formed town where the old plaza use to be, seeing the small floating lanterns tied to posts so they wouldn't fly away. Something started to feel warm as I stared at the small coral plants filling the water under the wooden platforms. I can't help myself from smiling, watching the colorful fish twist and turn between every little hiding place available, the moon reflecting off of the water easily.

It felt calmer than I remembered, somewhere someone could start a family and settle down in. It seemed safer too, the walls adding that small bit of protection around the town. I find myself regretting taking down the old L'Manburg walls, maybe it would've been safer too.

Maybe it wouldn't have been destroyed and turned to this.

Of course, I wasn't insinuating that New L'Manburg wasn't good, it was truly great, but it didn't sit right with me. Like something was creeping through the ground, seeping through the cracks in the earth, bleeding red and painting every surface. It felt off, and I wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel about it..

As I stare at the fish swimming in the water, I hear voices coming from the wall. I wasn't sure how I missed the people clearly gathered outside of the van, but I did. I saw familiar faces, and some new ones as well.

I saw the fox, Fundy. Bright orange fur sticking up in all directions, and a man with a dark hood and red horns. I think his name was Bad? I didn't remember all that well, pretty sure I was drunk when I met him, but he was definitely in my memory.

And I saw him. He wore the same beanie, and had the same color scheme, navy and white, black and grey. His black hair sprang out from under his beanie, frizzy and wild, like he had just put his beanie back on.

I remember him deeply, remember him in my bones, so much so that I find myself absentmindedly walking towards him and the fox. I remember how I treated him, and I wanted to say something to him.

God, I fucking missed him.

"Quackity-" I start, a smile on my face as I reach out to him, my colorless hand gently hovers above his shoulder.

"This is all Schlatt's fault Fundy!" Quackity shouts, causing me to flinch and sway backwards as the man seethes. He's very angry, and I'm not sure why. All I know is that he's blaming someone for it, and he has every right too. Even though I have no clue on what it is that their being blamed for. For some reason I thought it was me, because the name just stuck in my bones, and rattled around in my brain. It just seemed right to me.. So I made it mine, even if it wasn't.

"Quackity, I hated Jschlatt just as much as you did, or do, but how is this his fault? He's been dead for over a year man!" Fundy defends, his ears folding back slightly in a confused way. "It's rude to speak ill of the dead anyways."

"This is his fault because he ruined everything!" Quackity shouts, disregarding anything Fundy said in my defense. My body reacts before I do when his words hit my ears, my hand swiping at his shoulder, what I didn't expect was for my hand to go straight through the man. What I didn't expect was for him to not have any reaction, neither does Fundy. Like I wasn't even there, like they couldn't see me. Which honestly, it kind of made sense, I am like a ghost. I am a ghost..

"Quackity?" I try again, walking around the man to be in front of him instead of behind. He has no reaction, and again, neither does Fundy. I frown, feeling the disappointment well inside my heart, threatening to break the surface, to fill my eyes with unshed tears that will always remain unshed. Unseen.