BIRD

sixteen | Bird

ᴛᴏᴍᴍʏ

Every night, before my lanterns burn out completely, I sit in my tent with a book and quill in my shaking hands, and I write down everything that happened that day. Today, was just like the others.

Dream visits, something no one else did, talks for a few seconds, then demands me to throw my things into a pit. He makes small talk, tells me what's going on back in L'Manburg, how my friend-

I don't have any friends, Dream is my only friend..

-How everyone was doing back in L'Manburg.

Dream only lets me keep the compass that points to Tubbo, my Tubbo.

He was my Tubbo, before.

I remember what happened today, just as I remember every other day. Just as the same events occur and I still find myself surprised.

The ground was broken, a massive hole where my belongings once were, Dream's mask hiding his smile I knew was there.

I would stare in shock, mouth agape, eyes welling with dry tears. Dream ordered me to throw my valuables into the hole, threatening my life if I didn't, threatening to never visit again. Once my armor, weapons and other important things were in the hole, Dream pushed me back and lit a piece of TNT right on top of them, destroying everything instantly. Then, Dream tries making small talk, tries to become friendly..

Every damn time he comes, every second Dream steps close to me, he destroys something. Either it be my possessions, or me, most times both.

The only thing Dream hasn't broken was Logstedshire, and my tent. He hasn't destroyed Ghostbur house, or blown up my farms, or destroyed my nether portal, but he keeps destroying my things. The things I worked so hard for..

I would write, the ink smearing along the lines of the paper, my vision clouded with tears and the subtle darkness creeping in from the lack of light. My lantern was dying, as was my will to stay awake.

I wanted to sleep, forever. Or at least until my exile was over, and I prayed each night that it was soon. I don't know how much I could take of this torture, of all of this. I was tired, and Dream never let me sleep.

But Dream was my friend, he only wanted to keep me company, only wanted to make sure I was doing okay..

Right? Right?