FRAGILE

nineteen | Fragile

ᴛᴏᴍᴍʏ

It was like breaking free from chains, like lifting your head above drowning waters, like feeling the wind through your fingers. It was like I could feel every aspect that was wrong, fall and break to reveal what was right.

Dream wasn't my friend, he only ever came here, to keep me here. He only gave me gifts to keep me here, to stop me from leaving.

Friends don't do that.

Dream wasn't my friend, my friends were Tubbo, and my friends were Quackity. My friends were in L'Manburg, my friends care about me. They haven't come to visit but they care about me, I know they do.

I know they do.

They haven't come because Dream threatened them, because he, he forced them to never visit me so his little puppet show would work. He never let anyone visit me, and he never let me keep anything-

Dream was never my friend, he was never on my side.

I smile, feeling the sunlight filter through the flaps of my tent. I smiled, a warm, true smile, one that I felt in my brain. I could feel the smile buzz in my mind, this feeling was addicting.

I felt free.

That fragile facade that Dream created was broken down to dust, I watch as it disappeared with the wind, watched as the particles flew away with the breeze, carrying Dream with it. The ropes, the red lines, everything. It blew away with the wind.

Standing from the bed, glancing at the table of journals, I smile, knowing that I wasn't apart of that false reality, apart of the alternative universe Dream created. Those journals were full of excuses and lies, but I knew that now.

I would always know that now.

So, stepping outside of the white tent, I had a new plan. A new outlook if you will. I wouldn't be helpless anymore, I wouldn't follow Dream's orders anymore. I would build a vault under Logstedshire, and I would leave. I wouldn't be exiled anymore, and I wouldn't be afraid.

I would become something even Dream would fear, and it was all thanks to a dream.

December 29

The bunker was complete, sort of. It was under Logstedshire and hidden under a log, funny. I had a few netherite scraps, and I had a netherite chest plate already, a sword too!

I just needed more, and then I could beat Dream and leave this island.

February 12

the nether is not fun, It not very fun at all.

The netherite armor was ready, and Dream still doesn't know about the bunker. I think he still thinks he's in control of everything still, maybe more so than before.

He was a scary man, that's for sure.

I wonder how 'my friend' will react when I cut his head off.

Nothing has happened since December, no visitors, no Ghostbur still.

I worried for my ghost.

February 16

Dream almost found the bunker, but I distracted him, I'm not sure how screaming that a Mexican version of him was trying to mug me worked, but I'm not complaining.

I found a cool looking cliff on the far side of the island looking for cool rocks. It connects right to the sea.

Poggers.

shutting the journal for now, I stand from the low laying table, and grabbing the trident Dream gifted me. I know I was against him now and it was a little weird that I kept the trident, but its a fucking trident. Why wouldn't I keep it? It's cooler than all hell.

Stepping into the shallow pond by Logstedshire, the water logged plants plastering to my ankles as I threw the trident into the air, and I felt my body going with it. At first, I felt a little sick, like my stomach was in my throat, but when I reached the clouds, every feeling was gone. It was just me and the stars, and the clouds.

I felt amazing, like a bird was let out of its cage, like its wings mended and it's was able to do everything it couldn't do before. I felt good, I felt weightless, and I felt free.

Free. I felt free.

But I always fell from the sky a moment too soon.

702 words
:)