❝ I should've listened to my heart. No matter how hard I've tried to push you away, everything leads back to you. My thoughts, the way my heart flutters rapidly and the emotions I feel when you're around. Everything. What I'm trying to say is...I choose you. ❞
Sophie Wilkins is the shy, nerdy girl that no one really notices in the back of the class. She only talks to one person at Oakleaf High, her best and only friend, Bree Laurel.
On one of the last nights of summer break, Sophie is forced to go to a high school party by Bree. She thinks this is just another one of many awful high school parties that's hosted by one of the football jocks at her school, but this party doesn't turn out to be "another typical high school party."
While at the party, she catches the eyes of Andrew Dalton, the high school quarterback and most notorious player. Andrew, who's never lost, is dared to make Sophie fall in love with him, but there's one problem. Sophie has promised herself that she will never date any of the guys at Oakleaf High because they all have arrogant personalities that she just can't handle.
Although she's successfully managed to keep a low profile her entire high school life, she suddenly starts to find herself constantly being brought into situations with Andrew.
Will Sophie be able to keep the promise she made to herself? Or will she fall for the player's charms?
Will Andrew be able to win the heart of Sophie Wilkins without giving Sophie his?
What will happen when Sophie learns it all started with a dare?
⚠️ WARNING: This story contains some mature language
#72 in coming of age
#9 in undiscoveredgems
#2 in dare
#4 in teen
- Chapter 1: Saturday Night's Party
- Chapter 2: The Dare That Changed It All
- Chapter 3: First Day of Senior Year
- Chapter 4: "You guys are meant to be. It's fate!"
- Chapter 5: "Frozen like a deer caught in the headlights."
- Chapter 6: "What is this girl doing to me?"
- Chapter 7: Cafeteria Mishaps
- Chapter 8: The Search
- Chapter 9: Spilled Secrets
- Chapter 10: "You don't have to hide, Shortcake."
- Chapter 11: "You'll have to catch me first."
- Chapter 12: "I'm not interested."
- Chapter 13: The Text
- Chapter 14: Forgiveness
- Chapter 15: Sparks Are Flying High
- Chapter 16: "It was magical!"
- Chapter 17: "Admit it!"
- Chapter 18: "That was cheeky."
- Chapter 19: Road Trip
- Chapter 20: Out in the Wilderness
- Chapter 21: Vitamin Sea
- Chapter 22: "Always full of suprises."
- Chapter 23: "I'm not a miracle worker."
- Chapter 24: "Shattered into millions of pieces."
- Chapter 25: It's Not What You Think
- Chapter 26: Disaster Strikes Again
- Chapter 27: The Morning After
- Chapter 28: "Unbelievable."
- Chapter 29: "Lost her."
- Chapter 30: "Don't you dare say that, Sophie."
- Chapter 31: The Boy Who Made Me Believe
- Chapter 32: Further Complications
- Chapter 33: Goodbye For Now
- Chapter 34: "Daltophie?"
- Chapter 35: "Bon Appétit."
- Chapter 36: "Back To You."
- Chapter 37: The Ways of the Universe
- Chapter 38: Caught in a Dilemma
- Chapter 39: Sorting Things Out
- Chapter 40: "It's almost time!"
- Chapter 41: "Says you."
- Chapter 42: "Something special."
- Chapter 43: Tricks Up Her Sleeve
- Chapter 44: Eye Of The Storm
- Chapter 45: Third Time's Not A Charm
- Chapter 46: "Don't call me that."
- Chapter 47: "Hours of moping."
- Chapter 48: "Help me."
- Chapter 49: Wise Words
- Chapter 50: Eight Letters, Three Words
- Afterword + Other