Chapter 41: "Says you."

Flashback

S O P H I E   W I L K I N S

That same day the New Year's Eve ball dropped, school began shortly a couple of hours later. I dreaded going back to that wretched place, but seeing Andrew's face throughout the day made it worth it. I'm sure people knew there was something going on between Andrew and me, but I didn't know when or if Andrew wanted to make our relationship known.

But when I arrived at school that morning, he sure made it clear that I was his when Bree pulled into the parking lot and pointed towards me yelling, "Hey everyone, that's my girlfriend!" with a wide smile on his lips. Andrew certainly earned a lot of stares and I as well earned many scowls from the girls watching.

He ran towards me with full speed and swept me off the ground, twirling me around in his arms. I squealed and he gently pushed me against Bree's car when he returned me to my feet. Peppering tiny kisses on my face, he held onto my waist tightly as I giggled, holding onto his biceps.

"God, it's only been a couple hours since I last saw you, but I've missed you so much." His lips smacked against mine and his body crushed mines further against Bree's car.

"This is cute and all, but can you tone down the PDA? I can feel my breakfast resurfacing," Bree mocked, faking a gag. Then, Bryan came over and gave her a long, deep kiss.

"Says you," I muttered under my breath.

As we strolled throughout the hallways, many girls continued to whisper and glare at me as Andrew's arm slung around my shoulder. When we passed Aria, she leered at me and I winked back at her, insinuating more anger within her. I chuckled as I heard her stomp off in the opposite direction.

Present (Four Months Later)

"Hello, my drop-dead gorgeous girlfriend," Andrew said with a kiss on the forehead, slipping his hand on the small of my back. Tingles sparked throughout my body at hearing his deep, soothing voice.

"Hello my beautiful god-like sculpted boyfriend," I reply with a chuckle. I tilt my head back to meet his dark chocolate eyes and think, Wow, how did I manage to snatch a guy like him?

There were still a few girls that glare discreetly in my direction when I pass through the halls; but eventually, most of the female population at our school had glumly accepted our relationship. Of course, Aria still hasn't accepted the fact also.

The other day, she tried to pull her little stunt by sticking out her foot discreetly while I passed through the hallway with Bree. But I spotted it out of the corner of my eye and leaped over it. "Not today, bitch!" I shouted as I walked away, earning a few snickers around me.

"Hey, where'd you go?" Andrew asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, nothing. Just...stuff."

Andrew gives me an incredulous look but decides to take my lie.

As we stroll through the corridor, heading to our next class, various posters advertising about prom are plastered across almost every seen surface of the school. Banners hanging down from the ceiling, large ads covering up almost all of the free wall space; even some are posted in the bathrooms and the floors of the different halls.

I sigh internally as the posters bring a slight rain on my parade. Prom was a week away, and Andrew still hadn't asked me yet. I began to speculate that he didn't really care for that type of thing, but I remembered that he went to winter banquet. Could he really only handle one dance?