The Beast And His Belle

By Mel-C-Clair

***COMPLETED*** A revamped, modern-day, adult version of the classic fairytale Beauty And The Beast. *** His... More

Character Introductions
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 1

4.4K 166 1
By Mel-C-Clair

She scraped her fingers roughly through her hair for the millionth time inflaming her scalp to irritation.
"But daddy! You didn't do it! There has to be some way to prove your innocence here!" Isabelle said frantically as she flipped through the numerous pages of her father's jumbled notes of the accounts for the billionaire typhoons company, Mason Enterprises.
"I-I made it so believable for them that I am accountable for the stolen money! Just think about it Belle, I specifically ask to work by myself! I'm the only one with all the account numbers! I refuse to be a part of their large board meetings. Marcel Mason is convinced it's me!" Julien, Isabelle's father shouted in a panic.
Julien Le Fleur is Mason Enterprises' sole account. It's an overwhelming task to handle all the clients' accounts and keep track of the multiple billions of dollars, but Julien had requested it to be that way due to his severe anxiety disorder.
"Daddy! Think! Was there any trail to show where the money went? Who did it?" Belle asked him again but stopped when she heard his irregular shortened breathing. He had gone into a full-blown panic attack holding his head in his lap while every limb trembled.
"N-no! I-I didn't see anything! But I didn't get through all the accounts before Marcel threw me out! I need to finish my work, Belle! I-I-I can't function if I can't f-fin-finish!"
"It's ok, Daddy. Breathe! Just breathe!"
"I-I-I-I d-didn't d-do it Belle! I-I didn't take the money!" Her father said as his breathing quickened.
"I know you didn't! We need to find out who did!"
"I don't have access anymore. Marcel kicked me out and is threatening to publicly accuse me for everything. The media is already attacking Mason Enterprises knowing their clients aren't happy with the suspicious loss of seventy million dollars!"
"Daddy! Calm down! Everything will be ok." Belle tried to console him.
"I'm afraid it won't, Belle. Marcel always sees that a job is done. I'm afraid I will be publicly shamed, even more than I already am. I'm such an embarrassment to you and now I'll leave you with nothing but a scorned name."
"Don't you talk like that, Daddy!" She cups his wrinkled face and lifts his heavy head to her eyes.
"You're the most brilliant man I know and I love you. You're my father and I could never be ashamed of you!"
"I couldn't ask for a better daughter than you, my beautiful rose flower!"
"I'm a Le Fleur, just like you and I always will be!" She sweetly kissed his forehead but still saw the shame and worry in his eyes.
"Why don't you sit down with me and talk me through whatever it is I need to know. I'm going to go to Mason Enterprises myself and explain how you're innocent."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 10.8K 30
{INCOMPLETE, UNDER REVISION} - Book 1 of The King's Prey Series. ***As I'm working through revisions for this book, the unrevised completed version...
5.3K 285 21
My heart skipped a beat when I saw fury swimming in his green eyes. He slammed the door and the banging sound echoed throughout the whole room. My ba...
50.1K 1.2K 31
"'Jason!', I moaned out. I could feel his member twitch inside of me as he let out a shaky breath. I always knew the effect my moans had on him. Our...
1.1M 24.5K 29
{Previous title: Unexpected CRASH Of My Life} 'A Dark Tale As Old as Romance' BEAUTY and The BEAST [Dark Romance 18+] "You are an ANIMAL", These wor...