ETHALINE

By ninithewriter

ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY, twin of Draco Malfoy and the second choice finds comfort in a certain raven haired... More

WARNINGS
BOOK TRAILER
AUTHOR NOTE
CAST
INTRODUCTION
AESTHETE
THANATOPHOBIA
FEAR STUCK
MAD EYE MOODY
THE DRAGON
THE FIRST CHALLENGE
MYSTERY
THE PROPOSALS
HEIGHT ADDS CHARACTER
YULE BALL
NEW YEAR
THE BLACK LAKE
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
HOGSMEAD
THE CALL
THE MAZE
REVELATON
THE MALFOY'S
ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
NEW BEGININGS
THE CHOICE
SUMMER SHENANIGANS
THE FIFTH YEAR
AZURA
AN UNWANTED VISIT
DUMLEDORE'S ARMY
LUCIUS
THE ROR
A COMPROMISING POSITION
"Oh Chosen one"
LONESOME
WEASLEBEE AND HERMES
A LONG AWAITED CONFIRMATION
CHRISTMAS DAY
A NEW MYSTERY
|NEW CAST MEMBERS|
THE SLYTHERIN INQUISTIION
THE RECKONING
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
ON THE RUN
FIREWORKS AND RUN INS
A GRAY SKY
PART TWO
THE MOURNING AFTER
ETHALINE'S PROPHECY
ONE LAST TIME
A GINNY SECRET
A LOST BOOK AND EMPTY CLASSROOM
END OF THE YEAR
TICKET TO HELL
ANDROMEDA COMES HOME
SUMMER WITH WEALEBEE
YEAR SIX: QUIDDITCH AND POTIONS
FIST MEETS FERET
AZKABAN BREAK IN
A BREAK
THE DINNER PARTY
LOSE CONTROL
A WEASLEY CHRISTMAS
DRAGONS DON'T BURN
DRUNKEN DUO
RAMILDA VANE
SURPRISE IN A BOTTLE
NO ESCAPE
A DARK SURPRISE
FEELINGS DIE
REFUSAL OF HELP
A MALFOY REUNION
COLLECTING DEBT
GRAVEYARD HUNT
DOBBY
CALM BEFORE THE STORM
ME AND MY HSUBAND
TANGLED RELATIONS
PART 3
POLAROID
DRAMA QUEEN
"Lovegood? More like Hatebad."
JIXNX
A HERO'S DEATH
MIDNIGHT TALK
GRINGOTTS
THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM
At a Crossroad
SLYTHERINS IN ROMANIA
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 1
MISSING PERSONS CASE
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 2
A BITTERSWEET GOODBYE
THE END
BONUS

REVELATION

10.3K 332 141
By ninithewriter

_______________

Before the dinner that announced the champions, the Trio made their way down the hill towards Hagrid's hut to talk. They hadn't visited him in a while.

"Erllo' yu' teree'!" He said as they approached his hut. He invited them in for tea.

Though Hermione politely declined before she badgered him about her club called S.P.E.W. As the giant and bushy brunette spoke, Ron glanced around and saw a basket too small for him with green lace that was the size of Hagrid's hand.

"New basket?" He asked, teasing him slightly.

"Oh er no! That's Ethy's." he said as Hermione furrowed her eyebrows.

"We have an Ethy?" She asked confused, glancing at the boys who shrugged.

"Ethy? Ethaline!" Hagrid's finally said, "It's hers. She came by this mornin'—"

"Did she say something to you?!" Ron asked defensively, ready to pounce. Ever since Arthur Weasley taught them how to fight, it's been nothing, but punches with him.

"Did she?! Because I'll March right up there—" Hermione also said furious as Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well Hagrid? What horrible Malfoy things did she say to you?" Harry asked only for the man to ignore them.

"I reckon it's time wer go up." He said as he stood up and led them outside. They all dropped the subject, but still determined to get answers. It was then they began to speak about Hagrid's odd attire as well as well as his somewhat tamed hair.

Turns out, he fancied the other giant woman from Beauxtons and left them in his dust when he saw her escorting their girls over to the grand hall.

"Oh Hagrid." Hermione smiled, before they made their way over to their table for the same readings.

Meanwhile Theo, Pansy, Ethaline and Draco walked down the stairs while Draco complained about the people who the contest from entered from their school.

"I mean—Angelina?! Can you imagine?!" Draco said furious.

Pansy nearly hit him, "I'm so glad I'm over you." She said as Theo snickered while Ethaline tried her best to ignore him. She was upset from their DATD class and wasn't in the mood to be around his whiny behavior.

"She's pathetic—Angelina I mean—"

Ethaline snapped her head over to him, "Just say you hate women Draco and move on with your day." She said annoyed, her face sightly red, "Because if I have to hear one more second of you whining then I'll..."

Ethaline's breathing became heavier from her outburst that took everyone back by surprise. Draco narrowed his eyes at her, "You'll what?" He asked, challenging his twin.

Ethaline didn't respond, keep the peace, she told herself before she didn't say anything else and kept walking ahead of them, but Draco wasn't done.

"Florence," Draco taunted as Pansy groaned internally, reaching over to grab his arm.

"Leave it alone Draco," Theo tried to grab him only to get shoved away. Theo instinctively grabbed his wrists and pulled him closer in a threatening way, their eyes locked as Draco's eyes flashed a dangerous emotion.

"Stay out of it Knott." He spat, "It's like you're in love with her or something."

"No, it's almost like I'm human and care." He fired back as Draco pushed him away and continued to go after Ethaline.

"Alright little sister you can stop being dramatic. I know you're still upset over that little house bug getting killed, but it was just that, a meaningless bug." He said as she turned around.

"Meaningless?" Ethaline asked calmly, "Like it didn't go through nearly a minute of torture with the Cruciatus curse before getting killed for amusement?" She asked in disbelief, her tone still calm as she examined her brother's face.

When Draco didn't say anything Ethaline scoffed lightly, "You're just like him." She whispered, shaking her head.

He stared at her, "And that's a bad thing?" He asked in a hushed tone as people passed them. His sister didn't answer as she walked over to their table. She buried her face into a book while the dinner commenced.

Everyone ate happily and filled their golden plates while Theo gave Ethaline a small glance, which she caught. She gave him a small smile, reassuring him that she was okay before she continued her reading while the boys from the school of Durmstrang sat at the Slytherin table.

"So do you like it here?" Pansy asked Viktor Krum and his friend, Ivan Anev—a handsome brunette boy with sharp serious features

"Very much." Krum said, glancing over at the Gryffindor table as Ivan looked at Ethaline who was preoccupied flipping the page of her book before she felt a gaze on her.

"The women are beautiful." Ivan said, watching as the Slytherin girl blushed deeply. Theo rolled his eyes, "Foreigners ". He muttered and ate his food.

It was then they began to announce the school's champions.

"Viktor Krum!"

The school cheered as well as his classmates, they shot up friends their seats, thinking they had the cup in the bag because of who they got. Then Dumbledore announced Fleur Delacore, a French girl who also had some Veela in her. As she walked the boys gawked at her flawless figure, a small smirk on her face as she went to the room she was instructed to.

"And lastly, Cedric Diggory!"

The Slytherin table was filled with groans and disappointed tongue clicks as the other students cheered. Ethaline clapped softly, her eyes on Cedric as he raced to the top to grab the cub.

"If I was of age I would have easily brought the cup home." Theo said as he stabbed his carrot, "Can't believer a Hufflepuff will bring it—"

The Goblet erupted once more, a single piece of parchment paper floating in the air, followed by a bright blue light that illuminated the entire room. Instantly everyone began to murmur about it, confused.

Dumbledore's picked it from its place and read it out loud, "Harry Potter." He said, his eyes wide as the whole school looked at Harry. Some were angry, others were worried, some were excited.

Some were envious.

Ron Weasley glared at Harry while Dumbledore called his name. Hermione pushed him towards their headmaster, ignoring the glared and stared before he finally reached the top of the hall before turning to enter the room where the champions one.

"I take it back I want the Hufflepuff's to bring it." Theo immediately said.

Ethaline and her friends Theo and Pansy began to speak. "It doesn't matter what they discuss—" Ethaline tried only to be shut down by Draco.

"It does. If Dumbledore doesn't want him to compete then he won't—"

"Putting your name in the Goblet is a magical binding," Ethaline calmly informed as if she were explaining addition to a toddler with apples.

Draco clenched his jaw angrily, "Don't mock me—"

Theo butt in, "Alright that's enough. Knowing Dumbledork Harry won't be able to leave and he'll be forced to play. Who cares! We'll have double the chance of getting the cup—"

"It isn't about that." Pansy snapped in a hushed tone, "It's about how Dumbledore would bend over backwards for his precious little Gryffindors and even overlook an illegal entry into a game because he survived the death curse." She said with envy.

Ethaline nodded, "Had it been one of us he wouldn't have been so calm." She muttered, a little annoyed.

Draco sighed and shook his head, "Blaise, wanna get blazed?" He asked randomly.

Blaise chuckled, "Let's go." He said, motioning for Theo who shook his head.

"I'm escorting these lovely ladies to the lake." He said as Pansy inhaled sharply. She nearly forgot. Draco eyed them suspiciously, "For what?"

"For none of your bloody business!" Pansy snapped, "Now shoo—" She said with her hands and Draco rolled his eyes before they left.

"Thanks for covering for me guys." Ethaline said as she discreetly grabbed some food and placed it in a small bag before they set off. "Oh shoot I forgot the pallets by your bed!" Pansy said before she rushed down to the dungeons.

That left Theo and Ethaline.

The blonde girl looked down at the ground, her feet kicking the grass as they walked down at their own slow pace. "Are you excited for the ball?" Theo asked as Ethaline looked up.

"Kind of, though now that I think of it...I suppose I'll be going alone. Draco would go mental if anyone he didn't approve asked me." She shrugged her shoulders, "But I was excited."

Theo sighed, "You shouldn't let him get to you, you know how the scrawny git is." He said as Ethaline smiled at him.

"You don't have to be the mediator," she said as they stopped walking, looking out at the sunset. "I know what my brother is like, I'm used to it. I don't want to be the reason you both get in a fight because of it."

Theo shifted his weight, "I know, I just care for you Ethy." He said as he wrapped an arm around her, she leaned her head on his shoulder and looked outward.

This was it.

This was her life.

Draco and her parents were going to dictate it for the rest of her days, not letting her choose because they have somehow convinced her they knew better. They had her best interest at heart. Because they were family.

The peace and silence was interrupted when a scream erupted and they both turned around, watching as Pansy tripped and rolled down the hill. "Pansy!" Ethaline rushed towards her as Theo tried his best not to laugh.

"Bloody hell Parkinson." He couldn't help it, he burst into laughter and helped her up with Ethy who then grabbed the pellets.

"Your little adventure better be worth it." Pansy murmured as she looked down at her knees and saw the cut and bruises.

Theo caught sight of that, "Oh relax, nothing new—"

Pansy hit his chest, "You're so classy! I pity anyone who ever dated you or even sleeps with you."

Theo kissed air in her direction, watching as she scrunched her face up and Ethy pulled the two off them down to the lake where they saw the lake's critters. Ethaline grabbed a small handful before tossing it in and instantly a bundle of lake creatures came up to the surface for the food. The water bubbles slightly as they spoke in their own form of communication, thanking her as she sat down and fed them some more.

Meanwhile Theo and Pansy grabbed a rolled joint they brought to pass time while they covered for Ethaline. If word got out that a Malfoy child was an animal lover and wanted to purse it as a profession, she would be socially guillotined.

Being a Malfoy came with a hundred of responsibilities, don't speak out do turn, put yourself on a pedestal and others will follow you, use the right utensils, learn ballroom dancing, never stain your clothes or sit on the ground, never show emotion, never do anything that would embarrass Lucius Malfoy.

Hanging out with the little animals of the school made her feel better. She loved it and used it as her therapy, a suitable outlet for her emotions. Especially now with the Dark Mark appearing and people whispering about the Malfoy's.

"So, you really know nothing of...the mark?" Pansy asked confused.

Ethaline shook her head and turned to face them, "No and I wouldn't dare to ask father. He was under the Imperious curse and forced to serve the Dark Lord therefore it's a sore subject." She explained as wiped her hands on the grass, feeling the soft texture.

Pansy nodded understandably, "It's all very odd, that Potter gets into the Triwizard Tournament and before that there was chaos at the Cup." She said as she laid down.

Theo furrowed his eyebrows, "You don't think..."

Pansy groaned and covered her face, "No—I don't know. It's just all very odd. What do you think Ethy?"

She looked up, "It's definitely odd, somebody wants Potter dead or just thought it would be funny to see him enter the games. Either way, I don't think it will happen easily." She said, her face full of uncertainty as Theo reached for her and pulled her into a hug.

"Don't worry Ethy, whatever happens we'll be together."

Pansy sat up and nodded as Theo wrapped a single arm around her shoulder, bringing her in closer, "He's right." She said as Ethaline gave them a grateful smile.

"Together."

After the three, excluding Ethaline, finished the joint they all made their way back up the hill. "Moody was way harsh," Theo said as they walked, "Son of a bitch really pushed my buttons today with the stunt he pulled."

Ethaline held his arm a little tighter, "I guess there is some truth to what he was saying..." she muttered, "I just want to know why we're supposed to be constantly vigilance if there is supposed to be no threat."

"Dumbledore is a two-faced shit liar," Pansy exhaled as she leaned on the wall a dazed look in her eye, "...and I'm hungry." She pouted.

"I'll grab some snacks from the kitchen," Ethaline said, "I'm craving something sweet."

Theo grabbed her face and scrunched it together, "You're a goddess, Ethy." He murmured, plating a wet kiss on her forehead before he and Pansy stumbled to their common room to wait for her.

Ethaline shook her head, a smile on her face as she waltzed up to the stairs from their door and towards the kitchen. As she walked, she heard some incoherent voices and halted when she saw who it was.

Almost instantly she put her guard up, "Evening." She said politely, walking past Hermione and Harry who seemed to be red from an argument.

"Wait," Hermione said, her tone snippy, "Are you off to go do something else?"

Ethaline's eyebrows scrunched up as she stared at her, "What are you on about now, Granger?"

"You're the one who put Harry's name in it didn't you? You and Malfoy." She accused, "You've had it out for Harry since the day he arrived. Add that with the fact that you went down to Hagrid's and probably harassed him when he's nothing but kind!"

Ethaline's face fell, "Hagrid said that?" She asked, her tone surprising both Harry and Hermione.

Hermione turned red, "Well n-no." She stuttered and soon enough Ron Weasley walked in, angry.

"Heard the little argument from afar, I was looking for you Hermione and only Hermione." Ron said, glaring at Harry before seeing Ethaline.

"Oh you better stay away from Hagrid." He said, stomping his foot slightly.

Harry then piped in, "Honestly Malfoy, if you and Draco have it out for me then that's fine but if you're going after Hagrid—."

Ethaline listened as they threw accusations at her, her face calm and collective as she waited for them to finish patiently. After about another two minutes Ethaline asked, "Are you done?"

Ron furrowed his eyebrows as he glanced back at the others, "Y-yes?"

Ethaline let out a blissful sigh, happy they were done. "Very well. Have a nice night." She said as she turned her heels and went to the kitchen.

It wasn't until Harry went after her that she was stopped again, "I'm...confused." He admitted as Ethaline pulled away from him. "Do not touch me."

She gave him an odd look, "I waited until you were done so I could leave. My mother taught me that, it would be rude to walk away otherwise. Now if you'll excuse me, my best friends have the munchies and are waiting for me to bring them some stuff from the cafeteria."

She waited a beat before adding, "Unless there's something else you'd like to accuse me of?"

When he didn't say anything, she nodded curtly and left without another word. A victorious smile on her face. "Choose your battles." She whispered to herself before grabbing what she needed and hurried down to her common room. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 216 31
Y/n Malfoy, twin of Draco Malfoy, has been going to Beauxbatons until she is given a task to steal the Elder wand to become a death eater like the re...
573 60 27
Your brother, Harry Potter absolutely hates the Malfoy's, Mainly Draco Malfoy. But you just can't seem to shake Draco from your head. You and Draco h...
8.4K 415 59
~A Draco Malfoy Love Story~ You may be familiar with the story of Harry Potter, and how he survived the Dursley's, Voldemort, and being a third wheel...
3.2M 85K 100
In which (Y/n) Weasley, the twin sister of Ron Weasley, falls for her family's enemy. (draco malfoy x weasley!reader) you will be described as havi...