Hot Mess ; Adrienette

By MyLadyNoire

Marinette and Adrien are not a couple. They love each other, but hate each other. Adrien is the handsome cap... More

1 - Start of the Year
2 - The Project
3 - 21 Questions
4 - A New Friend
5 - Party Fight
6 - Netflix and Chill
7 - Midnight Cuddles
8 - Kiss My Scar
9 - Is It Too Late?
10 - Vodka Fever
11 - On a Rainy Parisian Day
12 - When Darkness Comes
13 - Casino Night
14 - Champagne Soirée
15 - Adrien's Legacy
16 - At the top of France
17 - New York?
18 - Drunk in Love
19 - Tricky Ride
21 - Memories and Broken Heart
22 - A Dangerous Path to Go On
23 - Pillow Talk
24 - Everything's Blurry Now
25 - The Most Beautiful Love Story
26 - It's the End of Us
27 - A New Life
Book II - Coming Soon

20 - Mess in London

10.3K 173 480
By MyLadyNoire

Marinette's POV

After the train ride, we arrived at the hotel during lunch time. We're going to put our stuff in our rooms and then go eat at nearby restaurants.

The British air is refreshing, April flowers are blooming and the sky is blue. London has a different vibe, the good kind, and everything would be perfect if I wasn't doubting Adrien's loyalty.

Adrien and I share the same hotel room, on the 3rd floor. Chloe and Kim's room is right next to ours. The four of us got our keycards from the receptionist at the front desk and headed towards the elevator.

"We might bump into Woodside students, they're staying at this hotel too" Kim said.

"Don't they live here? Why would they stay at a hotel?" Adrien asked.

"Actually, they're from Cheshire which is further north of England. The school where we're playing isn't Woodside High School, it's another random school" Kim explained.

"I hope they're nice" I commented.

"Anyways, there's an Italian place on Wellington street, it's a 10 minute walk, do you guys want to go eat there?" Chloe proposed.

"Yeah, sure" We all nodded in approval.

"Okay, so let's all freshen up and meet at the lobby in 30 minutes" She concluded.

The elevator doors opened and we headed to our respective rooms. The windows displayed a nice view of the city and there were two single beds.

"Mari?" Adrien asked as I opened my luggage.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Is something wrong? You've been awfully quiet the whole train ride" He opened his luggage as well.

I debated whether I should tell him about my worries so we could discuss them. It's probably the sane thing to do, but the thought of Lila just... riled me up."Yeah, everything's peachy!" I said with a fake smile.

Before he could reply, I unfolded two different tops and asked him which one I should wear. "I'm gonna wear a black mini skirt. Should I wear this cobalt blue sweater or... this grey off-shoulder tee?"

"Sweater. Cobalt blue is a nice color on you" He replied with a wink.

Coach Damocles allowed us to hang out in the city for the rest of the day, as long as we all make it back to the hotel before 9pm. He wants us to be focused for the games tomorrow. After lunch, Adrien, Chloe, Kim, Nino and I are gonna go shopping.

Adrien took off his sweatpants and t-shirt and changed into a pair of black jeans and a grey blouse. He looked so hot that I almost forgot I was mad at him. I also changed clothes and then made an excuse to go talk to Chloe.

"Oh no... I don't have any earrings for this outfit. Chloe probably brought a ton of them. I'll be right back" I said with a fake pout and then left the room.

I knocked at their door and the blonde girl greeted me in. Thank God, both of them were already dressed. "Guys, I don't know what's going on with me, I'm acting weird, I don't know what to do!" I whined.

"Is this about Adrien and Lila?" Kim asked, and I nodded desperately.

Chloe clasped her hands and sighed. "Okay. I've been thinking about it, and I think that you should try to make him jealous"

I frowned in confusion. "What? How is that gonna help?"

She fixed her hair in a ponytail. "We all know that Adrien has had a crush on you since he's like, 13. Right?" She questioned, but it was more of a statement. Kim nodded and I blushed.

"Right... So?" I arched one brow.

"The reason why he had a crush on you was because he couldn't have you. Because you guys were playing games and toying with each other's feelings constantly. Boys want girls they can't have" Chloe explained with conviction.

"Oh really? I thought it was because of my charm, intelligence and creativity. But hey, I guess you do have a point" I half-teased, and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"What I mean is that... maybe he's bored. You have to remind him that you're desired and that you can have any guy you want. It's gonna make him want you more" She said. I understand what she means, but I don't understand how it's relevant right now.

"How is that relevant to the Lila situation?" I questioned.

"Lila Rossi is not a problem" She declared, and I violently shook my head in bewilderment.

"Words that have never been spoken before!" I uttered dramatically. Kim snorted and Chloe let out a small laugh at my comment.

"Once he remembers how attractive you are, he'll stop thinking about other girls... Marinette, a lot of guys have the hots for you. If one of them happens to flirt with you, just flirt back. It'll drive him crazy" Chloe smiled mischievously.

"All right, fine. It's worth a shot" I let out. "Do you have any earrings for this outfit?"

She scanned me from head to toe and fetched a pair of gold hoops from her jewelry box. "Thanks, see you later"

I got out of their room and entered my room. Adrien was leaning against the wall while doing something on his phone. I snatched it away from his hands and threw it on one of the beds. He gave me a puzzled look, and I kissed him. Hard.

He kissed me back, and for a few minutes, we attacked each other's lips without a care in the world. Then, I realized that what Chloe said is true. When we started dating, our kisses were passionate and fiery. Now, they were just... not passionate and not fiery. It didn't feel like it used to.

I stopped kissing him and looked inside his eyes. His lips were slightly swollen, and the expression on his face was unreadable. He seemed... concerned? I really don't know.

"Chloe and Kim must be waiting for us right now, let's go" I whispered.

-

Adrien's POV

Marinette is acting weird since this morning. Her good mood has been on and off like a light switch, and I really don't understand why.

She's been looking forward to this trip since the beginning of the year, and now that we're here, in London, she acts like a lunatic.

We didn't talk much today. At lunch, she and Chloe rambled about fashion and her internship while I talked about football with Kim and Nino.

Obviously, when we went shopping, we didn't go to the same stores, so again, I barely talked to her. She looked happier than during lunch, though.

Right now, it's time to go to sleep, and I'm already in bed. Tomorrow is a big day, and today was exhausting, especially with Marinette's mood swings, so I'm particularly tired.

Right now, she's in the bathroom doing her girly night routine and I'm texting my dad about his upcoming business trip.

I heard the bathroom door open and Marinette came out, wearing a red satin robe. Her hair was slightly wet and she looked gorgeous, as always.

"Are you going to sleep now?" Her sweet voice asked.

"Yeah, aren't you?" I replied as I texted my dad goodnight. I turned off my cell phone and charged it on the bedside table.

Marinette grabbed her water bottle and took a sip. She frowned at the taste.

"Ew, this is lukewarm water. I think there's an ice machine down the hall, I'll be right back" She said, and I nodded in response.

After she left the room, I grabbed her sweater and smelled it. I know that it's borderline creepy, but I love her smell. Her vanilla scent always lingers on my clothes after she's been gone for hours. But today, we didn't spend much time together, so my clothes don't smell like her...

It's been 30 minutes, and she still hasn't returned. How long does it take to get ice? I'm guessing that she dropped by Chloe's room to chat, but still, 30 minutes is a long time.

I texted Chloe and asked her if Mari was with her, and she said no. Maybe she went to another cheerleader's room...? Yeah, that's probably it.

Then, she finally returned. "What took you so long?" I asked with a slightly angry tone that I immediately regretted.

"Sorry, there was a British meat parade outside" She beamed, and I raised my brows in confusion.

"I ran into some hot football players from Woodside and I said hi" She explained. I ignored the little pinch of jealousy inside my throat and gulped.

"And that took you half an hour?" I scowled at her very revealing sleepwear.

"Yeah... I always wondered if English boys are like in the movies. You know, gentlemen. Turns out they are!" Her face glowed in delight, and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, let's sleep now" I dismissed her words, and her smile dropped.

It's unfortunate that the room has two single beds instead of one big bed, but a small girl like her shouldn't take much space.

"Wait, why are you going in that bed?" I half-shouted. She gave me the cold shoulder all day for no reason, and now, we can't sleep in the same bed?

"Don't be silly Adrien, there's not enough room for us in one bed" She rolled her eyes.

"Yes, there is" I retorted with an annoyed tone.

"No, there's not" She retorted back with the same tone.

I threw my head back in a huff and took a deep breath. "Since this morning, it seems like you don't want to be near me" I accused.

"Let's just sleep" She turned off the lights on the bedside table. I turned them back on immediately, and she let out a heavy sigh.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I did my best to stay calm despite my growing frustration.

"Nothing! Just..." She started, and then paused. I waited for her to continue. "It's getting really late. Good night"

She turned off the lights again and then I turned them back on again. She groaned in annoyance.

"You're giving me a headache" She shrieked as she grabbed her head dramatically.

"I'm the one giving you a headache?" I scoffed in disbelief. "If you're not happy, maybe you should date one of those preppy gentlemen meat sticks you mentioned earlier" I spitted out.

I'm seriously wondering if I did something to anger or upset her, but nothing comes to mind.

"If you're not happy with me maybe you should date Lila Rossi then!" She yelled back, but this time, she seemed very sad.

"Whoa, where is that coming from?" I frowned in surprise and exasperation.

"Good. Night. Agreste" She uttered every word clearly, and turned off the lights... again.

This time, I didn't bother fighting back. Did I do something wrong? Maybe unconsciously, but if I did, why isn't she telling me?

Then it hit me.

My lovely girlfriend is trying to gaslight me. Well, I'll set the gasoline on fire.

Marinette's POV

I'm being a drama queen, I know it. But just the thought of Adrien with another girl, especially when he's still with me, drives me crazy.

Maybe I should've just jumped in bed with him. I feel so cold when I'm not in his arms...

What if it's all true? What if he's been seeing other girls on the side? Why can't I just... trust him?

Silent tears streamed down my cheeks, and I shut my eyes to stop crying.

It's time to sleep now, not cry, tomorrow's a big day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 1.4K 29
A collection of prompts and standalone stories based on the monthly challenge, focusing Adrien and Marinette's relationship outside their masks. Week...
207K 5.5K 26
PLEASE DO NOT REPOST MY STORY ANYWHERE. THANK YOU. Lila succeeded in taking everything Marinette held dear to her. She finally saw the class's true...
115K 4.1K 43
Adrien Agreste was a famous Olympian. He'd given up everything to pursue his dream, much to his fathers dislike. But an injury takes him out the spor...
3.9K 43 10
Adrien, now a senior is high-school is and always has been one of nicest "rich kids" in school. But ever since his freshman year he for some reason h...