when to let go | l.h.

By contem-plating

"it's hard to know when to let go.. but you deserve so much more." rankings: #2 in lukehemmings #1... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven

thirty

457 20 17
By contem-plating

i couldn't be more excited to be going to australia soon because i needed a break from work. it was nice working with calum because i at least had someone who understood how stressful it was at the moment, but sometimes i wished i had a girl friend who i could rant to and hang out with. i really just needed a day to treat myself, but i didn't want to do it alone.

it was currently eleven on saturday and i still laid in bed, finding no motivation to move. i just felt mentally exhausted even after sleeping for nine hours and the idea of getting up just didn't sound pleasing. i knew luke was up already because i had heard him shuffling around and talking to petunia before he took her on a walk.

pulling the blankets up to my chin, i curled up and grabbed my phone, scrolling aimlessly through twitter. i didn't pay any attention to the amount of time that past and before i knew it their was a knock on my door before luke pushed it open. the small dog jumped up beside me beginning to sniff around excitedly as i turned toward the two with a smile.

"hello beautiful." i cooed, petting petunia's head as she licked my face.

"if only i could be loved like that.." luke sighed dramatically, placing his hand on his heart.

"good morning brat." i chuckled with a sassy smile causing the tall boy to glare at me.

"well i was coming to see if you were going to get up sometime today because i wanted to spend some time with my favorite girls, but on second thought, you can stay in bed with that attitude."

i rolled my eyes playfully at his comment, but i still found butterflies erupting in my stomach at him calling me his favorite girl.

"sorry lu, i'm just not in the best mood." i said, sitting with my back against the headboard. luke made his way over and laid beside me, leaning up on his elbow.

"work still getting to you?" he questioned, seemingly knowing me better than i knew myself. i nodded as a response and sighed.

"i just feel drained." he gave me a sympathetic smile, bringing his hand up to rest on my cheek.

"can i do anything? do you need anything?"

i smiled softly and shook my head. "what i need is a spa day." i said half jokingly.

"spa day from home. welcome to spa de luke." he smiled proudly sitting up. i laughed and shook my head.

"i'm okay luke really." i smiled at his thoughtfulness and leaned over pressing my lips to his cheek.

"cmon, it'll be fun." he gave me a goofy smile. "i'll run you a bath and we can do face masks and other spa stuff."

i laughed softly. "like paint our nails?" i questioned, raising my eyebrow.

"whatever you want." he nodded. i stretched my arms above my head with a yawn before shrugging.

"if you won't get bored." i chuckled causing the boy to roll his eyes.

"let's go bub." he smiled standing up, but i only pouted.

"carry me?" i asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes at him. with a smile, he leaned down and scooped me up, so i quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and my feet around his torso. he held me up by my thighs as he carried me into the kitchen, setting me down on the counter.

"first, breakfast. what would you like?" he asked, placing a hand on either side of me and leaning down to my eye level.

"we have pizza left over?" i hummed and he nodded with a laugh, going to grab it from the fridge.

"do you want it heated up?"

"no need." i giggled and jumped off the counter, coming up beside him to grab a piece of cold pizza before taking a bite.

"that's my girl." he laughed, wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me close to his side before grabbing a piece for himself.

we quickly finished off the pizza before heading to the bathroom together so we could brush our teeth.

"how does a bath sound?" he asked as we finished up and i began washing my face.

"will you sit with me?" i pouted up at the boy, his eyes widening at this. i snorted. "we can fill the tub up with bubbles, nothing to see."

"but with if i want to see?" he asked jokingly.

"that's just too bad." i giggled causing the boy to pout. however, he walked over to the tub and began running the water before adding in the bubbles.

"we can do face masks together!" i smiled excitedly and he nodded.

"sure bub, let's do it." i smiled at how willing he was to do silly things with me even if he didn't really enjoy them.

he stopped the water on the tub before joining my side again. "you want me to do it?" i asked holding up the bottle and he nodded. i motioned him to sit down on the toilet so i could reach his face. once he sat, i pulled his hair back into a bun to keep his curls from getting in it. i pecked his nose quickly before beginning to apply his mask. the blonde scrunched up his nose with a laugh. when i finished with his, I started applying my own.

"have i ever told you how cute your nose is?" I questioned, looking at him from the corner of my eye.

"i can't say you have."

"what a shame, it's adorable, but don't even get me started on your eyes. if looks could kill, i'd be dead the second you looked in my direction. you're like some sort of god i swear." i rinsed and dried my hands before looking at luke who sat with an amused expression.

"god huh?" he smiled and i nodded.

"truly, it's unfair how pretty you are."

he chuckled back. "says you baby. i swear i'm the lucky one."

i blushed and shook my head. "turn around so i can undress."

the blonde did as he was told so i quickly slipped out of my clothes and into the tub. i groaned softly at the feeling of the warm water on my skin, my muscles instantly relaxing. luke came and sat beside me on the floor once i told him he could turn around.

"thank you for this." i smiled, reaching one hand out for luke to grab. he rested our hands on the side of the tub and smiled back.

"why are you thanking me?" he chuckled.

"cause you're so nice to me, i hate comparing you to daniel, but.. i don't know, just he would never do stupid shit like this with me and you're so willing." i shrugged.

"it's not stupid if it makes you feel better." he pointed out. "and i would go to the ends of the earth to put a smile on that pretty little face of yours. i've been trying to tell you laila, you deserve the world."

"guess i just needed the right guy to show me that." i smiled softly over at him. he squeezed my hand and nodded.

"and i'll gladly be that guy."

we talked for awhile until luke complained that his face was getting too hard, so he went to wash off his mask. when he was done he brought me a towel and left me to get out and wash off my mask as well. i went to my room to change and found some sweatpants already laid out along with one of luke's hoodies. one i was changed i hurried downstairs to see luke already had some nail polish picked out.

i sat on the floor beside him at the coffee table. "you're really letting me paint your nails?" i giggled and he shrugged.

"why not?"

after that i took the time to nearly paint both of our nails in a matching red nail polish. luke enjoyed it way more than i expected.

"we're that couple." he laughed holding up his hand to admire his new nails.

"couple?" i smiled over at him.

"i mean- you know what i meant laila." the blonde said quickly.

"i mean thats one way to ask me to be your girlfriend." i teased.

"that's not what i- well, not that i don't want that. i do, but i just meant cause our nails match and-"

i cut off luke's nervous rambling by pressing my lips to his quickly before pulling away.

"all you have to do is ask." i smiled looking into his eyes.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he said with a goofy smile spreading across his face.

"hmm.." i hummed playfully before nodding. "if you'll be my boyfriend."

he rolled his eyes and placed his lips on mine once more. "i swear, i'm so lucky."

{author's note}
i swear i can't stop writing. i'm glad i feel excited to post again.
question: who do you guys picture laila to look like?
thank you all for reading!
(unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 126 18
Just a bunch of 5sos imagines | requests closed |
9.1K 177 30
Love comes in many forms
2.9K 752 200
"You're stupid, but I love you.." *** a 5sos fanfiction
170K 2.5K 41
One bet. One month. One mistake. How far is too far? ((Completed)) Highest rankings: #1 in 5secondsofsummer #1 in ashtonirwin #4 in lukehemmings #7 i...