CONTENDER ✔

By Kinza244

Finding his first love in his office, Taehyung felt quite happy despite his financial problems. Little did he... More

1: Meeting her
2: Teenager crush
4: Keep it up
5: Whipped
6: Helper
7: Happy
8: Mr. Jeon
9: Not so bad
10: Jerk!
11: Ache
12: Getting ready
13: A try
14: Worse
15: Worst
16: New boss
17: Lashing out
18: Break
19: Second time
20: Stressing over
21: Duality
22: Dead end
23: Robber
24: Failed
25: Home?
26: Homeless
27: His need
28: Masked
29: Temporary home
30: Trust
31: Misunderstanding?
32: Not alone
33: Special warmth
34: Free of an accusation
35: Strong to weak
36: Hurt or hate?
37: Culprit
38: Blind
39: Hate?
40: Talk
41: His Peace
42: Open up
43: Longing
44: Someone special
45: Reasons
46: Unexpected
47: Not again
48: Heartbroken
49: Once again
50: Contender
51: Love or Loved
52: Afraid
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: 1
Bonus Chapter: 2

3: Avoiding the curse

9.3K 552 60
By Kinza244

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Opening the lock gave him a light smile as he was sure his tired and cold body could finally rest. Even though he was paying a fair share for the double-story house, his so-called aunt still had not agreed to give him the key to the house, how ironic.

"Good evening aunt." He greeted the lady in her late thirties.

"Hm. Come inside." She said monotone, not even a very polite way to greet someone.

Taehyung quickly nodded his head, entered the small house, and walked to the stairs to go to his room. He quickly changed into comfortable clothes and decided to have something light for dinner. Walking towards the little kitchen that comprised of a small stove and a few wooden boxes that he used to put a few utensils and groceries he had, he opened the little fridge to find nothing but an old pack of milk that must be outdated by now and two eggs. It was needed to go for the groceries but now he was left with no money.

Sighing, he walked towards the cabinet to check for anything else. Fortunately, he found a pack of ramen and without thinking more, he cooked that and enjoyed it within minutes. After washing his used things, he decided to call it a day and plopped on the old mattress that his aunt gave him when he rented this portion of the house, her old one as she replaced it with a new one. He was grateful for that as otherwise, he had to sleep on the floor. However, the mattress was still on the floor without any proper bed. But he never complained about that, being more focused on his responsibilities, he barely cared for his comfort in all these years.

Another tired sigh left his lips when he felt very uncomfortable due to the uneasiness in the pit of his stomach.

"I hope she is fine now." He was deadly worried for his little sister. They never were close enough to share many good memories but still, he always cared for her.

"Everything will be fine soon booba. I'll visit you soon with lots of candies." He chuckled lightly at his thought and finally after many hours of tossing and turning, he was in his deep slumber.

°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°

"Jeez, I'm gonna be late at this rate."Mumbling hastily he grabbed the towel to dry his face and then walked to grab some clothes from a small and very old closet that he found at a very cheap price. His old phone betrayed him and his alarm got off instead of being snoozed. He couldn't sleep early last night, the thing caused him to wake up late... poor boy.

His eyes roamed on the few decent clothes he had, causing him to groan at the lack of casual clothes for his job.

He opted for his black jeans and a white tee and grabbed his only coat to wear to save himself from the cold.

A very brief glance in the mirror to set his hair, and he was all ready... with no breakfast. He quickly dashed out of the room and descended the stairs to find his aunt standing at the door while talking to someone with a smile.

He bowed to her lightly with a smile. "Good morning aunt, have a good day." She only nodded her head in response and gave him a little space to move out.

Just when he moved out of the house, he saw a man in his early thirties entering the house as his aunt allowed him.

"Never saw him before," Taehyung muttered under his breath as he always saw his aunt alone after the death of her husband one year ago.

He shook his head as he glanced over the watch. "Shoot! Run Taehyung." He quickly started running towards the main road but then he realized that he was short on money so he had to walk- run to the office.

It took almost 25 minutes for him to reach in front of the tall building. He gasped and grabbed the side of a nearby car to have a moment of relief. He was panting so badly that he didn't notice the presence behind him when the person came out of the car.

"Move out of my way you clumsy man." The person growled, causing him to flinch badly. He turned his head to face the person he was least expecting to see in the morning. After yesterday's discovery of the person being the CFO of the company, he wanted to avoid him at all costs...also, both experiences with the other were very bad and had a very ugly impression on his mind as well.

I hope my day won't be worse after seeing his angry face.

Taehyung thought with a frown but was again dragged back to reality when Jungkook groaned lightly before walking past him.

"Oh!" Taehyung yelped again with a glance at his watch.

He quickly ran again and reached his department, to his luck he indeed made it on time. A smile of victory and relief was lingering on his lips when he walked to his cabin and plopped on the chair.

"Finally." He mumbled lightly while pushing his locks to the side with his one finger, an old habit whenever he was happy.

"You made it dude. Now do it within 3 hours and send the files to Mr. Park." He heard a sort of angry voice from Minho who dropped many files on the table before turning back to his cabin with a straight face.

Taehyung was just blinking in surprise at the sudden attack, but he sighed before composing himself and cracking his knuckles.

"Let's start the work, Taehyung." He opened the files and his eyes almost popped out in shock. Each file was filled with stacks of papers.

"That face is definitely a curse for me." He groaned to himself, referring to the one and only Jeon Jungkook, and started typing the keys with great speed to complete the work on time. He was timely glancing over the time as well, trying his best but still was on the lack.

The brunet licked his lips while his hands started aching with the speed he was using but he had to complete it to keep this job. His stomach also rumbled at the lack of food but at the moment, that was his least concern.

"Please... don't you dare to embarrass me on the second day of my job." Taehyung lowly growled at his hands with a death glare and this was witnessed by only Minho.

Taehyung continued his work and finally did the task within the time limit. He clapped his hands twice in excitement before sending the files to Mr. Park.

He quickly received the reply in the form of a 'good job' and slumped back on his chair to kiss his hands lightly before hugging himself with a cute smile, eyes closed and lips curled up.

"Aww look at you, enjoying yourself enough hmm~." A sweet voice whispered in his ear, his hair standing up quickly and he jumped back on his chair, eyes opened wide and lips parted at the intrusion. 

Seoyun broke into a fit of laughter at the cute view. "Oh God, you are so cute Taehyung." She said in between her laughter while Taehyung's cheeks flushed pink in embarrassment.

"I- I was just s- surprised." Looking past the embarrassment he muttered in a low voice, eyes trying to see the reaction of the co-workers in his surroundings but found everyone focused on their screens.

He again sighed in relief before glancing over at the girl standing by his side, still laughing.

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say." She playfully rolled her eyes and waved towards Minho who just nodded his head with the same expression.

"Is he always like that?" Taehyung mumbled and Seoyun again started laughing, putting her hand over her mouth to muffle the sound.

"You're so funny Tae. See you later~" She teased and left after patting his shoulder lightly, not noticing the effect on the poor boy.

"Tae?" He mumbled to himself, a smile adorned on his lips, a shy one. The nickname sounded so perfect from her lips and he wanted to hear it again and again. He clutched over the fabric of his shirt, he could feel his heart racing inside his ribcage.

"This feels... so odd." He mumbled again but shook his head when Minho came again to his table to give him another tiring task.

"I'll try to avoid him at all costs," Taehyung murmured with an angry pout, his mind showing him a picture of the CFO with two red horns on his head.

The rest of the day was too much tiring for the poor boy. He gave his best to complete the tasks on time and this pleased his boss way too much.

It was finally 6 in the evening when he left his cabin with his aching hands and wildly rumbling stomach. Seoyun was nowhere to be seen. He wanted to spend some time with her but when he couldn't find her, he left the office with sadness in his heart.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw the face again he wanted to avoid from now on and the said person was leaning over the wall while talking to someone, because of a man standing between them, he couldn't see the other person.

Not interested, he shrugged that as he wanted to avoid the other like a plague but he had to walk past him, so he started walking like he was invisible. Just when he was about to walk, he heard a very familiar voice.

The voice he had longed to hear since morning but couldn't. The source made him turn his head to see the CFO smirking and the girl in front of him shyly laughing at whatever he said.

Taehyung felt his blood boil on the view when Jungkook placed his hand over the girl's waist, but the thing that made him feel hurt was that the girl was none other than... but

His new crush, Seoyun...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 45.3K 53
Things get interesting when Jimin started dating Jeon Jungkook ________________________ Highest Ranking #1 in Angst #3 in Jikook Date Started: Augus...
143K 7.5K 43
"Do you think universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences. My life was full of chaos, the cha...
421K 21.2K 81
"I know I already have your body Koo, but your soul and your heart is what I want to possess." - Kim Taehyung Ranked #1 in #Taekook stories 🥇 A sto...
588K 22.1K 52
( Completed ✔) Kim Taehyung arrogant and cold hearted CEO of Kim Corporation , Something happened in his past which made him hate the word Love. Jung...