Into the Dekuverse

By SakuPanda20

Izuku has secrets. Secrets of pain, of shadows behind the sunsets, of raindrops that never quite evaporated... More

A/N
It's Class-1A, everything happens to them
Into the Theatre
Baby Kacchan
You Promised Me
The Lost One's Weeping
The Lost One's Weeping 2
Why Kacchan? (Abused + Depressed Deku)
Singing Deku
Memes
Hated By Life Itself
What If?
Take Me Away
So Big, So Small
Luna Snow Tonight
Compared Child
Karma
BNHA doing different careers
I'm taking a bus to the other side of the world: cya!
Stronger
I have questions
Gentle Criminal
High Hopes
Training with All Might!
{-R I S E-}
Two Heroes
HAPPY (late) WOMEN INTERNATIONAL DAY
Interchange of Morality
Baby Deku!
See You Again
Kokoronashi
Chapters of the Arts
Izuku Afton
Control
Stereo Hearts
Egoist
1 Year Anniversary
The Other Side
If Izuku lost his All Might figurine
What If This Isn't a Slave?
5 times 1A catch Aizawa singing and said nothing and 1 time they joined
5 times 1A catch Aizawa singing and said nothing and 1 time they joined PART 2
Reacting to "On this bed (the light of future doesn't reach me)"
Zero-AMV
Rengoku vs Akaza x MHA
Racing Into The Night
Cantarella
Notice!
Loser Girl
Being low as dirt, taking what's important from me
Izuku's Long and Short Festival
Surface Pressure AMV
The Image of the Father
Harrowing History
Are You Satisfied?
Boku wa Shinou to Omatta no Way (The Reason I Wanted To Die)
BNHA reacts to Actor AU!
If There Was An Endpoint
2 Year Anniversary!
BNHA reacts to Actor AU 2
Insanity (Deku AUs)
(S) He used to be mine~
Non-breath Oblige
The Many Roasts of Endeavor

Reacting to Rooftop Training

9.2K 124 39
By SakuPanda20

To read the actual chapter, click on my profile and click on Cute Deku One-shots with Angst! My 12 chapters for Christmas will also be spread across that book. Most likely 6 chapters here, 6 chapters there.

Edited: 21/5/22

-----

"So, what are we reacting to now, Hatsume?" Nezu asks, delicately sipping his tea.

"This one is called.. Rooftop Training!" Hatusme exclaims, unphased by a few flinches from the audience. "This also has a high chance probability of happening."

That only made the audience's anxiety pike up more.

In this AU, Bakugou has apologised and they're good allies but not quite friends yet. Not BKDK

"BKDK? What's that?" Todoroki asks

"BakuDeku, boiiii!" Mina hypes, although she didn't really think Bakugou was the type to get in a relationship. This is a no-deku-ship story

"I AM HEREEEEEEEE-" All Might yelled, before interrupting himself with a series of coughs.

"All Might!" Class 1-A exclaim in unison, most of them concerned whilst the others were excited- or both.

"All Might! What are you doing here?" Our beloved cinammon roll asks, his eyes lighting up at his idol, whether as All Might or Toshinori Yagi.

"Well! Today I will be in charge of your training session!"

A series of cheers and excitement erupted in the room, exhilerated and determined chatter instantly overcoming the shock from before.

"Now! Now! Let's calm down! Today, we'll be doing some training on the rooftops!"

Instantly, Midoriya felt a little knot of hesitation twist in his stomach. 

The rooftops? 

He hadn't been on one since he had talked to All Might when he... had a thought. But- that was not going to be a problem! He had jumped up super high before! Like when he was fighting Overhaul or when he jumped up to the Helicopter on I-Island. 

Jumping off rooftops were going to be no problem!

'I don't think so,' All Might thinks to himself. He (and Aizawa) were sure to remember that for future references.

---------

Or so he thought...

However, when they had gotten dressed and ready to go to Ground Beta, Izuku felt fear thrum from his heart to his bones. As he stood on that rooftop, he tried to remind himself of the long way he had come; he wasn't the same person he was back then.

He couldn't be. 

He had a quirk now. 

𝙾𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙼𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝-

But he had worked hard in order for All Might to believe he was worthy. 

𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚒𝚝. 

No...stop. 

Why was he thinking these things?

He wasn't like this, he had to focus on the lesson. What was with him today? How lucky is he to be at UA? To have such good friends? To have such a supporting mother and teachers? What right did he have to think these things? 

Aᵣₑ yₒᵤ ᵣₑₐₗₗy wₒᵣₜₕy ₒf ₜₕₑₛₑ ₜₕᵢₙgₛ ₜₕₒᵤgₕ? ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ ₑₙd, yₒᵤ'ᵣₑ ₛₜᵢₗₗ ₜₕₑ ₒₗd wₒᵣₜₕₗₑₛₛ Dₑₖᵤ yₒᵤ wₑᵣₑ bₐcₖ ᵢₙ ₘᵢddₗₑ ₛcₕₒₒₗ.

No, Deku means you can do it.

"It's really unhealthy to have thought spirals like this. He's fighting his positivity." Iida mumbles, grinding his teeth.

"Bullying has a really big impact on someone's mindset..." Jirou murmurs.

Thankfully, that last phrase helped wash out his own doubts. How did going on the rooftop trigger so many things?

"Many, it seems." Todoroki states

-----------------

Now you see here, Izuku may not realise it, but this is the consequence of years of bullying, and hatred. 

The outcome of a judgemental society. 

Such immense bullying can lead to serious degrees of self-neglect, loss of self-esteem, lack of confidence and, in Izuku's case, a lead to recklessness to make sure someone gets the happiness he, himself, never received enough of. Compared to another person's traumatic experience, Izuku would say that his past was not bad at all, in fact it was amazing. 

He had a good mother, he had food, he had toys and he had warmth. 

He shouldn't be upset at all, what could he be so sad about?

"That is an incorrect inference. Suffering is-" Aizawa starts, before Present Mic interrupts

"Shou, I think the narrator is going to explain." Present mic says, relishing that this was a perfect opportunity (as a narrator himself) to add an explanation.

However, this is the hard bit to answer. 

There is no direct answer to this question, simply because one's suffering cannot be compared on a scale to anyone else's suffering. 

Izuku has had a bad life, and he needs to accept that; he needs to accept he is upset and let those around him help him to live on without the sadness. Of course, it can never truly leave, however it can decrease massively. 

Yes, he had a home, food, support and warmth, but did he truly have the amount of happiness someone else would take for granted? 

I, myself, used to take my happiness for granted, however I have come to terms that it truly isn't. I have many people to thank for this happiness and much sacrifice, and Izuku over here did not get enough happiness he deserved at his tender age. 

This verbal bullying that, more than frequently, also turned physical was a form of abuse which could've lead to a worse outcome, and definitely left an everlasting effect on the poor boy.

So yes, he did need aid.

" Beautifully explained." Tokoyami admits, nodding in approval.

----------------------------------------------------

"Young Midoriya! You're up!"

"A-ah! O-ok!" Midoriya says, broken from his daze. This was going to be simple...

"It really isn't going to be." Kaminari says, surprisingly pessimistic. Who could blame him though?

All he had to do was jump from roof to roof as fast as he could. This was going to be a disadvantage to those whose quirk didn't really include much air momentum, however he could come up with a few ways that it could work. For example, Koda could possibly summon many birds to fly him across, although not a very stealthy option. Toru could possibly use a gadget weapon, possibly similar to Aizawa Sensei's or Hatsume's air gadgets. On the other han-

" Classic Midoriya," Kendo mutters. She, and the rest of Class 1-B, was starting to get used to Midoriya's typical behaviour. It was, needless to say, not as traumatising to them as they didn't know Midoriya well, but Class 1-A's overwhelming sense of comfort made 1B strive to be more as a unison.

"Young Midoriya?"

Now flustered, Midoriya stumbles out a "A-ah s-s-sorry!"

Class 1-A, who were used to this, just giggled light-heartedly and encouraged Midoriya to try his best:

"Go Mido!" Mina exclaims, though it certainly wasn't as bright as she usually would've been. This was still on the rooftop, and after the universes they've watched, it's hard not to get traumatised.

"Don't worry about it too much Deku-kun! You'll do great!" Uraraka chirped as Midoriya gave her a grateful and million-dollar smile and powered up One for All.

"One For All, 20%-" he says before glancing at All Might on the other end of the rooftop, looking at him, the sun highlighting All Might the same way that it had been that day.

"I'm sorry young man, but you can't be a hero."

"Toshinori... you did say this to the child didn't you?" Chiyo says in an irritated tone.

"I-... I was running out of time and I-...." All Might starts, but stops himself. "I know I did wrong... I've apologised but I never knew how much this would affect him... "

"So that's what you said to Midoriya when he woke up. He was crying, dear lord. Can you imagine how long he must've tried to push that memory out of his mind?"

"Aunt Chi-"

"You were quirkless yourself Yagi." Recovery Girl mutters in a chillingly calm tone, the words exchanged only her and All Might could hear. "How... just how could you say that to a poor, hopeless boy..?

He trusted you.

And you betrayed him.

What would Nana think of this?

What would Nana think... about her successor telling a quirkless child he could not be a hero, even though you, yourself, was quirkless.

You know how hard it is, first hand.

As the former Symbol of Peace, a hero, and a boy who was given hope....

You should be so, so disappointed in yourself to be the one to take that away from another.

I'm disappointed..." Chiyo finishes. It did pain her to bring back Nana and the past, but if she must, she will.

With tears in his eyes, All Might gasps a deep breath

"I'm disappointed in myself too, Aunt Chiyo. I am too."

W-what... n-no A-All Might came and a-apologised afterwards...

"Well, I regret it!" a look of spite sprawled against All Might's face, shadows causing his face to look cold and intimidating. 

"I would never say that!" All Might quickly reassures everyone, even though they already knew he wouldn't. However, it did lighten up their spirits just a bit.

Suddenly, all his classmates had a look of pure hatred. Muttering and gossiping, he could hear them whisper loudly. 

"He really thought he had a chance of being a hero?"

"He's a quirkless loser!"

"He's nothing but a wannabe!"

"You don't deserve to be here!"

"You're a waste of space!"

"Can't do anything right!"

"You're a disgrace!"

"Problem Child...What can I do for you? How do I try and lift your burden? So many questions, and not many answers..."

Shouta Aizawa will admit though. When he asked Midoriya to show him his wrist, he was happy to find there were no scabs or injuries. Although nothing in hell would've stopped Aizawa in taking his (ew, not like that) problem child to therapy.

On and on and on and on it went, different snickers and phrases fading into eachother until it blended into a furious buzz of hateful tones. In the midst of it all was Katsuki Bakugou.

His friend (?), his childhood best friend, his classmate, his hero partner, his ally, his tormenter, his bully, the one who hates him the most.

Izuku hated how fast his thoughts were changing, not enough time for him to even process what his brain was saying. It didn't even feel like he could speak, it didn't feel like he could even breath. All he could feel were tears trickling down his face, overwhelming from sadness. His emerald eyes widened as he heard the spikey-haired blonde say something that had lingered and haunted him for months and almost 2 years now...

"You should've taken a swan dive off the roof."

Bakugou slumps back at this, and a few people glance at him with an expression of hatred and anger, but the rest don't react, attempting to respect Midoriya's wishes of not getting angry with Katsuki. 

It was in the past, the best Bakugou could do is apologise, learn from his mistakes, deal with the consequences, and make new memories to make up for it.

"DEKU! SNAP OUT OF IT!" Bakugou yells, shaking Deku furiously, concern and anxiousness pained across his face. Midoriya was muttering in an almost crazed way but one phrase alarmed Bakugou. 'Swan dive off the roof'. 

No... no no no nononononoNO! How did he forget he said that to Deku!? How did he let him go to the rooftops!?

Many people in Class 1-A were in tears from the shock and panic, but  all of them immediately exclaimed in relief when Midoriya started reacting again. He was crying a lot, but he was conscious and that's what mattered right now. Class 1-A gathered in a big group hug while smothering the still shaking and out-of-breath cinnamon roll.

From the distance, All Might smiled sweetly, happy that Class 1-A was looking after eachother. He, himself was going to check on Midoriya, but he decided to let them have their moment. However, he had to admit, one thing haunted him from what he could seem to make out by reading Midoriya's lips:

'I'm sorry young man, you can't be a hero'

"I'm sorry, you can be a hero!

The best...

I believe in you...

You are worthy."

The theatre erupted into cheers, and happiness; they could not agree any less!

A smile was painted on Midoriya's lips as he vaguely made out:

"You are indeed worthy, Izuku Midoriya,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

836K 23.5K 28
Izuku Midoriya had enough from life, everyone was telling him how useless he was. His mother stopped looking at him. His best friend bullies him. He...
67.9K 2.9K 19
Quirkless doesn't mean useless but because of how quirkless kids are being treated they often end up dead.. Izuku Midoriya is a kid that was born qui...
60K 2.4K 14
Izuku was an orphan ever since he was diagnosed quirkless. His life was the best but he wasn't alone. He had a good friend that he called brother and...
113K 4.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had everything a little boy can ask for in life until a tragic event changed everything. He lost his mother, his father, his home and...