Complications (One Direction...

By IceBlueBethy

A tale of a previously normal girl gone big. Isla Quinn is best friends with biggest boy band, One Direction... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 - Epilouge
NOT A CHAPTER

Chapter 16

111 1 4
By IceBlueBethy

Louis' P.O.V

As soon as I got Harry's text I left the apartment as fast as I could. Niall, Zayn and Liam asked where I was going. Harry specifically told me not to tell them, so I told them I was going to see Eleanor.

I rushed out of the apartment and ran towards my car. It was cold and was pouring down with rain. I got in the car and sped to the hospital.

When I pulled up I saw Harry stood outside in the rain. I pulled up and ran towards him. He looked at me and forced a smile. I pulled him inside and said, "Why the hell you waiting in the rain you dick?" His reply was a laugh.

We got inside and sat in the chairs by reception. Harry just stared at me. I smiled back at him. "Thanks for coming so fast Lou. I didn't know who else to call." I could hear sadness and pain in his voice. Something that was not that regular. Especially for Harry Styles!

"What do you need mate?" I asked. I drove here and Harry is fine, so someone else must be here. He looked down and started playing with his fingers.

"Isla is in really bad condition." He whispered. I barley heard it.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He looked back up and directly into my eyes. His eyes were sparkling with tears.

"Louis." He said slowly. "Isla is really ill. She has Gastroenteritis and the doctor said she only has 14% chance of surviving. He said she has been living with this condition for years!" He started to burst out crying. She has that effect on everyone. All the boys are in love with her, to be honest, so was I. But I had a girl friend so I was immune to her charms.

She was like everyone of the boys. She had: Niall's immaturity, Zayn's vain for her looks, Harry's flirty and teasing ways, and Liam's caring ways. She was like me with my humor. She was a piece of us all. Even Paul. She was, no, IS his goddaughter. If she dies, who knows what will happen to him and the rest of us.

"What did the doctor say about her? Compliment wise?" I knew he was bound to say something. They all do, doctors always throw a simple but true comment out about the patient. Harry smiled a little. "He said she was and still is very strong and has a fighting chance."

Both our lips curled into a smile. "You see. She will be fine. I promise she will get through this." I said. He nodded.

I hugged him and said, "Can we go see her?"

He nodded again and said, "She probably still knocked out." I nodded and followed him to her room.

When we arrived she was still asleep, but Harry frowned. He went over and turned her from her side onto her back. "Why?" I voiced my thoughts.

He smiled slightly and said, "Gastroenteritis is about the stomach and intestine. I recon she is safer on her back." I smiled at his caring ways. I know Harry likes her. Scratch that: He loves her. As much as Liam. Maybe more. They were made for each other, but Isla doesn't see that.

Harry's P.O.V

We sat in the room watching Isla and making small talk.

Louis asked, "Does anyone els know?" I looked at him and shook my head. "Do you think we should tell them?" It was a good question. I thought a little while then said, "Yeah."

"I think we should. If we don't then they will be mad at us for keeping it secret." Louis nodded in agreement. "I will tell Brook, Scarlett and Lexi. Oh and also Josh, if that's okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"And I will tell the boys. They aren't going to be happy." I said getting sad again.

Isla's P.O.V

It was weird. I could see, feel and hear everything happening to me, but I couldn't touch anything and no-one could hear me. When I finally gave up trying to do things and stopped yelling I noticed Harry and Louis walk into the room.

The first thing Harry did was frown. Then he walked over to my body and moved me. I was led on my side, Harry led me on my back. "Why?" Louis asked quietly.

Harry smiled slightly and explain, "Gastroenteritis is about the stomach and intestine. I recon she is safer on her back." I smiled.

I guess this was an out-of-body experience. I was stood at the foot of my bed and watched everything that was going on. I looked at my body and saw I was still breathing, thankfully. I couldn't let myself die, something bad would happen. Lots of bad things would happen.

I didn't really pay attention to Louis' and Harry's conversation until now. "I will tell Brook, Scarlett and Lexi. Oh and also Josh, if that's okay?" Louis asked.

Harry just nodded and said, "And I will tell the boys. They aren't going to be happy."

I could see in his face he was worrying madly about me. It was cute. I had to much effect on these boys. They were all falling for me, but I was falling for all of them back. All but Louis, because he has a girl friend, which is why he is immune to my charm. Damn!

Zayn's P.O.V

I was lounging on the couch, just chilling and watching TV when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at it. New message from Hazza. I opened the message and read it.

Okay boys. I have sent this to Niall, Zayn and Liam. I hope you are reading this as soon as you got it because it's very important. Louis and I are at New York Community Hospital. Isla is sicker than we all thought. Come here as soon as you get this, but come together. ~ Hazza x

I immediately jumped from the couch and turned the TV off. I ran to Niall's room and saw his shocked face as he was looking at his phone. "Good. C'mon mate, we have to go." I said. Niall looked up then got straight up and followed me to Liam's.

We barged into Liam's apartment and saw nothing. We went to the bed-room and found him in there. He had just got out of the shower so he hadn't read the text. He looked at both mine and Niall's stressed and worried faces.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I couldn't really say anything at the moment so Niall said, "Get your clothes on as fast as you can and we will explain in the car." Liam obeyed and threw on jeans and his check shirt.

We all jumped into Liam's car. Niall decided to drive. While we were driving I said to Liam, "Got your cell?" He nodded and pulled it from his pocket. "Look at your texts." I told him. He did so and his eyes widened.

"And that is where we are going right now? Right?" I nodded. Then I looked at Niall. I heard his stomach growl.

"Bro. If you need to stop at a drive-in that's fine. We can get Louis and Harry food to." I said. Niall shook his head.

"Nope. We are getting there now. I will eat later. I need to know they are okay." I just shut up.

Scarlett's P.O.V

I received a text the instant I dropped onto the bed. I thought it was just from Danny. He was being so annoying lately. All he talked about was his new boyfriend. I ignored it. But then I sat up slowly. I realized that when my cell went off so did Brooke's and Lexi's.

I chose to check the text. New text from Louis. I smiled slightly thinking I was going to get news about him, the boys and Isla. I was right about news about Isla. It was not what I expected though.

Hey Ladies. Hope everything had been alright. This is no joking or casual matter though. Something is extremely wrong. Isla is worse than we thought, than you thought, than the doctors thought. She is at  New York Community Hospital with Harry and I. Could you please come and see her? Don't rush or something might happen to you too and that would be disastrous. Take care. ~ BooBear x

I was shocked to my core. I sat frozen on my bed, staring at the text I had just read. I was quickly snapped out of it by Lexi and Brooke kicking my door open. I had locked it and I didn't know they had been knocking it for a while.

"What the hell?" I yelled. Lexi had tear stains on her cheeks and Brooke, well, she was hidden behind a wall. She trapped all her emotions away.

"We need to go." She said coldly and walked away. I walked up to Lexi and hugged her.

"She will be alright. She is strong and brave." I cooed in her ear. She sniffled. I pulled away and said, "Brooke is right. We have to go. Now." Lexi nodded and we both headed down stairs.

Brook was waiting in the car with a bag on the passenger seat. It was a massive black gym bag. Lexi and I were forced to sit in the back. I was curious about the bag. But I was more worried for Brooke.

"Brooke. Are you alright?" I asked. Her eyes were cold and her expression was stern. She was showing no emotion but she forced a smile.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Lets go." She said. I could tell it was all fake. This had only ever happened once, when mum and dad died.

*Flash back*

"Mum! Dad! Isla! You ready to leave yet?" Brook yelled. I was stood in the hall with her and Lexi. We were waiting on Isla, mum and dad to come so we could leave to go home.

We had stayed with our cousins for a while, mainly because they were moving away. We were really close to them.

"Coming now!" Dad yelled down. Mum came down carrying a bag. Dad came down a few seconds later carrying Isla over his shoulder. She was only 14 at the time.

We all piled into the car and started to drive away from the house. We all waved goodbye.

The trip was about 2 hours long. Lexi and Isla were winding each other up. I was sat ignoring everything, listening to music. Mum and dad were fighting over something and Brooke was trying to break it up.

Mum and dad rarely ever fought, so it was quite frightening. Not only did they not fight, but when they did, they made sure no-one was around.

Anyway, dad took his eyes off of the road to look at mum. It was raining outside. It was raining heavily. Dad was looking away for too long and the car slowly cruised into the on-coming traffic.

Brooke was screaming trying to warn them. When dad finally got what Brooke was saying he looked back at the road. There was a car coming right at us.

He swerved off the road and smashed into a tree. Both mum and dad died on impact. Lexi and Isla were knocked out. Brooke's leg was jammed in between the car door and the drivers seat. I was sat unharmed and alarmed.

Mum and dad were gone and nothing could change it. Brooke knew what they were fighting over and refused to tell us.

For the next year she showed no emotion what so ever, she was completely unreadable.

*Flash back over*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

578K 7.8K 77
After being scared and broken both Niall and Carson have both tried to live lifes seperatly for two years. After the band goes on another tour in Ame...
38.2K 646 32
Lana James loses everything she has ever known as her best friend loses his battle against cancer and leaves her seemingly alone in the world. She is...
2.3K 84 22
•Zayn Malik Fanfict• It has been about 10 years since One Direction has started. The boys' career has grown gradually slow. Sadly Zayn and Perrie ha...
23K 315 75
[RE-EDITING] Niall Horan. The only one in One Direction who hasn't had a girlfriend in a few years. Management decides to hire him a girl from Americ...