Atonement [Bakugo Katsuki]

By SlytherinScum

Kuroyanagi Kimitsuki has always held Heroes in great regard, and has always believed she would never become a... More

🀍 Prologue 🀍
🀍 Information 🀍
🀍 Chapter 1 🀍
🀍 Chapter 2 🀍
🀍 Chapter 3 🀍
🀍 Chapter 4 🀍
🀍 Chapter 5 🀍
🀍 Chapter 6 🀍
🀍 Chapter 7 🀍
🀍 Chapter 8 🀍
🀍 Chapter 9 🀍
🀍 Chapter 10 🀍
🀍 Chapter 11 🀍
🀍 Chapter 12 🀍
🀍 Chapter 13 🀍
🀍 Chapter 14 🀍
🀍 Chapter 15 🀍
🀍 Chapter 16 🀍
🀍 Chapter 17 🀍
🀍 Chapter 18 🀍
🀍 Chapter 19 🀍
🀍 Chapter 20 🀍
🀍 Chapter 21 🀍
🀍 Chapter 22 🀍
🀍 Chapter 23 🀍
🀍 Chapter 24 🀍
🀍 Chapter 25 🀍
🀍 Chapter 26 🀍
🀍 Chapter 27 🀍
🀍 Chapter 28 🀍
🀍 Chapter 29 🀍
🀍 Chapter 30 🀍
🀍 Chapter 31 🀍
🀍 Chapter 33 🀍
🀍 Chapter 34 🀍
🀍 Chapter 35 🀍
🀍 Chapter 36 🀍
🀍 Chapter 37 🀍
🀍 Chapter 38 🀍
🀍 Chapter 39 🀍
🀍 Chapter 40 🀍
🀍 Chapter 41 🀍
🀍 Chapter 42 🀍
🀍 Chapter 43 🀍
🀍 Chapter 44 🀍
🀍 Chapter 45 🀍
🀍 Chapter 46 🀍
🀍 Chapter 47 🀍
🀍 Two Heroes - 1 🀍
🀍 Two Heroes - 2 🀍
🀍 Two Heroes - 3 🀍
🀍 Two Heroes - 4 🀍
🀍 Two Heroes - 5 🀍
🀍 Chapter 48 🀍
🀍 Chapter 49 🀍
🀍 Chapter 50 🀍
🀍 Chapter 51 🀍
🀍 Chapter 52 🀍
🀍 Chapter 53 🀍
🀍 Chapter 54 🀍
🀍 Chapter 55 🀍
🀍 Chapter 56 🀍
🀍 Chapter 57 🀍
🀍 Chapter 58 🀍
🀍 Chapter 59 🀍
🀍 Chapter 60 🀍
🀍 Chapter 61 🀍
🀍 Chapter 62 🀍
🀍 Chapter 63 🀍
🀍 Chapter 64 🀍
🀍 Chapter 65 🀍
🀍 Chapter 66 🀍
🀍 Chapter 67 🀍
🀍 Chapter 68 🀍
🀍 Chapter 69 🀍
🀍 Chapter 70 🀍
🀍 Chapter 71 🀍
🀍 Chapter 72 🀍
🀍 Chapter 73 🀍
🀍 Chapter 74 🀍
🀍 Chapter 75 🀍
🀍 Chapter 76 🀍
🀍 Chapter 77 🀍
🀍 Chapter 78 🀍
🀍 Chapter 79 🀍
🀍 Chapter 80 🀍
🀍 Chapter 81 🀍
🀍 Chapter 82 🀍
🀍 Chapter 83 🀍
🀍 Heroes Rising - 1 🀍
🀍 Heroes Rising - 2 🀍
🀍 Heroes Rising - 3 🀍
🀍 Heroes Rising - 4 🀍
🀍 Chapter 84 🀍
🀍 Chapter 85 🀍
🀍 Chapter 86 🀍
🀍 Chapter 87 🀍
🀍 Chapter 88 🀍
🀍 Chapter 89 🀍
🀍 Chapter 90 🀍
🀍 Chapter 91 🀍
🀍 Chapter 92 🀍
🀍 Chapter 93 🀍
🀍 Chapter 94 🀍
🀍 Chapter 95 🀍
🀍 World Heroes' Mission - 1 🀍
🀍 World Heroes' Mission - 2 🀍
🀍 World Heroes' Mission - 3 🀍
🀍 World Heroes' Mission - 4 🀍
🀍 Chapter 96 🀍
🀍 Chapter 97 🀍
🀍 Chapter 98 🀍
🀍 Chapter 99 🀍
🀍 Chapter 100 🀍
🀍 Chapter 101 🀍
🀍 Chapter 102 🀍
🀍 Chapter 103 🀍
🀍 Chapter 104 🀍
🀍 Chapter 105 🀍
🀍 Chapter 106 🀍

🀍 Chapter 32 🀍

6.1K 281 39
By SlytherinScum

After sending Izuku off to his match with Shoto, Kimitsuki returned to the stands where the rest of her class was sitting and took her place next to Tenya. She had bought herself a new can of blossom soda, drinking the cold lavender drink down to help her out with keeping cool, knowing that before long, it was her turn and she needed to use her fire.

It was just then that Ochaco came rushing out to the stands as well, and as Kimitsuki looked toward the brunette, she almost choked over her drink when she saw just how swollen Ochaco's eyes were – it was clear that she had been crying a lot earlier.

"Those two haven't started yet?" Ochaco said as she hurried her way over to Kimitsuki and Tenya in the front of the stands. "I've gotta watch!"

"Were your eyes hurt?" Tenya asked, shocked at the girl's appearance and even Kimitsuki was very concerned with what she saw. "Kuroyanagi-Kun mentioned that you had already gone to Recovery Girl! You must hurry to Recovery Girl –"

"I already went," Ochaco interrupted quickly but calmly. "This is, you know... it's different,"

"It's different?" Tenya asked. "If that's the case, then you must've been really frustrated earlier,"

"Rather than feeling regretful right now," Fumikage spoke up. "You should use this next match as a source of encouragement," Kimitsuki looked over at him.

"Fumikage-Kun is right," Kimitsuki said, nodding in agreement and sending a smile toward her brunette friend. "The match is starting now, too,"

"Thanks for waiting, everybody!" Present Mic said to the cheering audience. "The first match of the second round is a big match! The man who won a huge victory in the first round and literally left the audience frozen – from the hero course, it's Todoroki Shoto! On the other hand, this guy barely made it past the first round! What kind of fight will he show us this time? From the hero course, it's Midoriya Izuku!"

"So, you're here," Shoto said, facing Izuku on the arena.

"Todoroki-Kun..." Izuku replied, trailing off.

"Since Midoriya-Kun is on the field," Tenya spoke up. "I suppose you, Kuroyanagi-Kun, would know the best about this match-up between him and Todoroki-Kun?"

"Well... it all depends upon Izu-Chan," Kimitsuki replied quietly. "He knows that Shoto-Kun is well-aware of his stick-to-left-side strategy in earlier and he is aware of how far-reaching the ice is – so, Shoto-Kun will definitely try to deflect that accusation. But with Izu-Chan's type of Quirk, it is still an advantage for Shoto-Kun to continue using his ice and not change his strategy because it is just so overwhelming,"

"What is Deku-Kun going to do about that ice?" Ochaco breathed. "He can't lose!"

"At this year's sports festival, both have shown top class performances!" Present Mic announced. "It's like two great rivals fighting against each other! Now – start!"

Just as expected, Shoto began the match with his ice attack – but Izuku responded quickly with his Delaware Smash, halting the ice from reaching him. This defence emitted a great surge of frosty cold wind that swept over the stadium.

Kimitsuki felt her hair whip back from the force of it but she was sure no one was sitting behind her and continued to focus on the scene in front of her, her eyes following the Quirk activities of the two boys in the arena for their next move.

However, it wasn't just the audience that felt it – Shoto was himself forced back from the defence but he had done some quick-thinking and shielded himself from falling out of the bounds of the arena by creating a slab of ice as defence.

"So cold!"

"Just the wind is already this cold?!"

"Wow!" Present Mic exclaimed, going quite crazy up in the box and Kimitsuki could understand because she herself was quite surprised. "Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!"

"Midoriya-Kun!" Tenya exclaimed.

"It is not the best defence for Izu-Chan," Kimitsuki whispered, watching Izuku's injured finger. "But that was all he could do against that – however, I hope that he would collect himself and look –"

"He stopped it again!" Present Mic shouted as Izuku stopped another ice attack from Shoto – which left Izuku with only a few more fingers to injure.

"What Izu-Chan needs is to get an opportunity to get close to Shoto-Kun," Kimitsuki went on. "It's true that Shoto-Kun can continue with his ice attacks but look at his icy breath – it clearly means that he is running out of chances before he freezes up, too,"

"So, it's time again," Teneya said as they watched Izuku stop yet another ice attack.

"If Shoto-Kun wants to continue only with his ice attacks, then yes," Kimitsuki replied, frowning at Izuku's injury. "But if he were to use his other side... then the battle might be a bit skewed,"

"It started?!"

It was such a loud yell that Kimitsuki jumped and looked over her shoulder to see that it was Eijirou, who had just arrived rushing out to the Class 1-A stand where they were. He looked beyond his class and toward the stadium where Izuku and Shoto were fighting.

"Kirishima, good job making it to the second round!" Denki called out.

"Yeah, I'll be up against you next, Bakugo," Eijirou said as he turned to look at Katsuki, who was watching the match. "Let's have a good fight!"

"I'll kill you," Katsuki growled naturally, his arms locked tight over his chest and Kimitsuki just shook her head at his default statement.

"I'd like to see you try!" Eijirou told him. "But man, you and Todoroki can both shoot off powerful attacks that cover a lot of ground – like 'Bam!'"

"And you can do it with no time lag," Hanta added.

"I'm not just shooting them off," Katsuki responded. "Don't underestimate 'em. If you overuse your muscles, the muscle fibres tear, and if you keep running, you'll run out of breath,"

"Quirks are, in a sense, physical abilities," Kimitsuki spoke up, taking her eyes back to the match. "And just our other abilities, they have some sort of limitation, too. So, yes, Ka-Chan is right in saying that even him and Shoto-Kun aren't above those limitations,"

"If I think about it like that," Eijirou replied. "I guess that makes sense... then, against the instant-killer Todoroki, Midoriya wants..."

"... an endurance match," Kimitsuki ended, nodding. "And that is why it all depends on the time, and how the two of them will use that time, of course,"

Back on the arena, Kimitsuki could see that Izuku was continuing to defend himself against yet another attempt from Shoto and she frowned when she realised that Izuku had retired all of his fingers on his right-hand. And on the other hand, Shoto took the chance to run toward Izuku, most likely wanting to end it before he got too cold.

"Todoroki doesn't recoil from Midoriya's power and gets in close!" Present Mic called out.

For Shoto had made a very long bridge of ice that ran straight for Izuku, who in turned used another Smash to break the ice stairway that the Todoroki male was using – but in response, the half-and-half hero sent his ice after Izuku, almost capturing him. But Izuku ended with giving up the entirety of his left arm as he smashed through Shoto's ice, causing a great shockwave that sent even Shoto skidding back quite some ways.

"That's a lot more powerful than before," Shoto muttered as he got back onto his feet. "Are you trying to tell me to stay away?" Kimitsuki bit her lip.

"He's already better than the average pro..."

"It's like that's what you get from the son of the number two hero,"

"What, you're that beat up just from defending and running away?" Shoto spoke up, looking at Izuku. "Sorry... thanks, Midoriya. That guy's face is clouded over thanks to you. With your arms like that, you can't fight anymore, can you? Let's finish this,"

"Todoroki keeps attacking with overwhelming power!" Present Mic exclaimed as another onslaught of ice went straight for Izuku. "Here comes the finishing ice attack!"

"Where are you looking?" Izuku shouted.

"Izu-Chan," Kimitsuki breathed. "Don't tell me..."

For Izuku ended up using his already broken fingers to fight against the oncoming barrage of ice – both Shoto and his ice attack were both blown back, with the half-and-half hero barely coming to a stop inside the bounds of the arena by creating an ice barrier behind him. Kimitsuki clamped her hand over her mouth, disappointed that Izuku didn't get it.

"Bastard..." Shoto muttered as he stood up. "With your broken finger? Why are you going so far?"

"You're trembling, Todoroki-Kun," Izuku responded. "Quirks are physical abilities, too. There's a limit to how much cold your body can take, isn't there? And isn't that something you could solve by using the heat from your left side? Everyone's fighting with everything they've got...

"To win and get closer to their dream... to become number one... you want to win with just half your strength?! You haven't put a single scratch on me yet, you know! Come at with me with everything you've got!"

"Midoriya..." Shoto responded. "What are you planning? Everything I've got? Did my damn old man buy you off or something? Now I'm angry!"

"Shoto-Kun is freezing up," Kimitsuki mumbled as she eyed Shoto's Quirk. "It's not travelling well... and that's why he's getting so slow... and unless he takes his left side..."

Izuku remained standing in his place, allowing Shoto to get closer, and Shoto himself closed in on the green-haired boy – but as soon as he lifted his right foot to propel and attack, Izuku raised his left injured arm with One for All and punched Shoto right in the torso, sending him flying away. Kimitsuki clutched on her knees, unable to take her eyes off.

"A solid hit!" Present Mic shouted over the noise, himself rather shocked at the display below. "We've got some action!"

"He got a hit on Todoroki!"

"Even though Midoriya looks way more beat up

I can't believe he went on the offensive here!"

But true to his testament, Shoto recovered very quickly and when he attacked Izuku again, Kimitsuki noticed something that not many people, especially her friends, did – Shoto's attack was slower and shorter than ever, and Izuku could quite easily dodge away from it. She sighed and tried to relax herself, realising that Shoto was being reckless here.

"Given the way this is going, Shoto-Kun will now need to close in," Kimitsuki spoke up. "And that is if he wants to continue his instant attacks – but if he doesn't do that... the attacks from now on will be easily evaded at a certain length of distance by Izu-Chan,"

Kimitsuki blinked several times and then concentrated back on the fight because it seemed like Izuku wasn't going to give up until he saw fire – there was a strange resolve in his concentrated green eyes as he dodged Shoto, tiring his ice out.

But Shoto was just as stubborn for he continued send ice, closing in to the boy to get him once and for, especially since Izuku had no fingers left to use against the opponent. Izuku, on the other hand, surprised them all as he pulled his thumb back using his cheek as a sling, releasing another Smash that blew the ice and Shoto away from him.

"Why are you going so far?" Shoto grimaced as he stopped himself barely in time from going over the bounds again and ending the game.

"Because I want to live up to everyone's expectations..." Izuku replied as he ran at him. "I want to be able to smile... and respond to them... to be a cool hero... That's what I want to be! That's why –"

Izuku landed another punch at Shoto's stomach, making him fly back with such a force that Kimitsuki winced slightly, knowing that it would hurt a lot.

"Everyone's giving it their all!" Izuku shouted. "There's no way I can know all of your circumstances, or your resolve. But for you to become number one without giving it your all, to completely reject your father... right now, I think you should stop screwing around!"

"Shut up," Shoto growled back, his right side covering up with ice.

"That's why..." Izuku shouted as he aimed another punch for Shoto. "... I will win!" Shoto flew from the force of Izuku's powerful punch, his ice shattering away. "I'll surpass you!"

"I will reject..." Shoto said as he pushed himself back up. "... my old man's power..."

"It's your power, isn't it?!" Izuku shouted right back at him.

Right at that moment, and Kimitsuki watched as the look in the Todoroki male's eyes changed – and aggravated by his emotions, his left side burst into the scene, filling the entire stadium to the top with a fire that had been waiting to be raged for a very long time, backed up and unused, and Kimitsuki watched it melt away all his exhaustive ice.

"Even though you want to win..." Shoto said. "Damn it... to help your enemy... which one of us is screwing around now? I want... to be a hero, too...!"

"Shoto!" Endeavor shouted as he walked down the stairs, closer to the stadium. "Have you finally accepted yourself?! That's it! Good! It all starts from here for you! With my blood, you will surpass me... you will fulfil my desire!"

"Endeavor suddenly shouts encouragement...?" Present Mic said sounding rather uncertain himself. "Such a doting father," Kimitsuki just smiled at the change of events for the fight.

"What's up with Midoriya-Kun's smile..." Tenya said before noticing his eyes caught sight of the girl sitting next to him, also smiling lightly. "Wait, you're smiling, too, Kuroyanagi-Kun! Why?!"

"You'll see," Kimitsuki answered, her lilac eyes still trained upon the fight. "I just hope... I am able to get so much from my own opponents, too,"

"Why are you smiling?" Shoto asked Izuku. "With those injuries... in this situation... you're crazy – don't blame me for what happens next,"

With that, both Izuku and Shoto got themselves ready for one more – one last – clash against each other, and it was Shoto who went first. Kimitsuki watched as he went through with large wave of ice at Izuku, who used One for All in his legs and dodged impeccably away before flying right at Shoto with his arm at the ready for a powered-up Smash with his uninjured right arm. And right at that moment, Shoto used his left side to create a powerful burst of flames –

Cementoss quickly made several walls between the two boys but even those walls could not stand up for too long as the wind pressure created from Izuku and the fire from Shoto hit each other, creating a gigantic explosion that destroyed the entire fighting arena.

"What was that just now...?" Present Mic asked, having fallen back from the shock of the explosion. "What the heck is up with your class?!"

"The air that had been cooled thoroughly was suddenly heated up and expanded," Aizawa answered quietly in response, although surprised himself.

"That's what created this explosion? Just how hot was that?!" Present asked, getting himself together. "Jeez, I can't see a thing! Hey, who won the match?"

"M-Midoriya-Kun is out of bounds..." Midnight announced, getting up from the ground after falling over herself. "Todoroki-Kun advances to the third round!"

"I'm going to go see Izu-Chan!" Kimitsuki exclaimed, getting to her feet and hurrying out of the audience, taking her empty can to discard it off while she went off.

Recovery Girl's Temporary Nurse's Office:

"The bones in your right arm were shattered," Chiyo informed the now-bandaged Izuku. "It'll never be the same as it was before. I need to remove the pieces of bone to make sure they don't stay in your joints. I'll heal you after that,"

Kimitsuki, who had been joined promptly by All Might on the way here, frowned as thought about what had happened. All Might placed his hand on her shoulder to assure her but Kimitsuki knew she was always a bit too worrisome – but she just could not take it when her friends, especially Izuku or Katsuki, were hurt in any way or form.

"To push and light a fire under a child who would destroy his body this much for what he yearns for I don't like it," Chiyo commented before turning to look at the Number 1 Hero. "You're going too far. You, and this boy. You can't praise him for this,"

And as Chiyo descended into scolding All Might, Kimitsuki inched closer to Izuku's bed, frowning at his condition. He was heavily bandaged and she was concerned that he would be getting a lot more scarring on himself by the time he got finished – the least she was okay with was that he was out of the tournament and could recover on his own.

"How are you feeling?" Kimitsuki asked quietly.

"I'm okay, Tsuki-Chan, don't be worried!" Izuku replied, trying to assure the concerned girl. "You know I always get back on my feet – and it's your match next!"

"I know..." Kimitsuki mumbled, playing uncertainly with strands of her hair. "I have a match with Tenya-Kun, and then if I win... I have to fight against Shoto-Kun. I wanted you to be there to cheer on me and not be hurt like this, you know...?"

Before Izuku could get around to responding to her, the door to the clinic burst open causing All Might to spit out blood in shock and Kimitsuki jumped, turning around to look with wide eyes only to find that it was only Ochaco, Tenya, Tsuyu and Minoru.

"Deku-Kun!"

"Midoriya-Kun!"

"Midoriya-Chan!"

"Midoriya!"

"Are you okay?!" Ochaco asked loudly as she rushed toward Izuku, and as Kimitsuki stepped back allow her, the brunette noticed someone standing next to the white-haired girl, and it was not someone that she recognised. "Oh, nice to meet you..."

"Oh, um, this is a teacher at UA as well," Kimitsuki lied smoothly. "He looks over serious injuries that students undergo – that is why he is here, you see..."

"You're all so noisy," Chiyou said as she looked at them finally.

"Everyone..." Izuku forced out. "... what about the next match?"

"Since there was a lot of damage to the stage, they're taking a break to repair it," Tenya informed both him and Kimitsuki. "Then, Kuroyanagi-Kun and I will be having our fateful match,"

"Fateful...?" Kimitsuki asked, uncertain.

"That match earlier was scary, Midoriya..." Minoru said, terrified. "What pro's gonna want that?"

"I don't like your style of rubbing salt into his wound," Tsuyu said.

"But it's true!" Minoru complained but fell silent when Kimitsuki directed her shrewd lilac eyes at the small boy, putting an end to this nonsense for now.

"Be quiet, now!" Chiyo replied as she moved to push all the excess students out of her pristine clinic. "I know you're worried, but I've got to do surgery now,"

"Surgery?!" the four of them screamed and Kimitsuki clamped her hands over her ears.

"Go on now, get out of here," Chiyo replied, causing more protests from the four as Kimitsuki took the distraction to duck and hide behind All Might to escape being pushed out of the room, too. "Don't worry about that. Just leave it to me!"

"I'm sorry..." Izuku spoke up, causing them all to turn to him. "... I couldn't do what you asked... if only I hadn't said anything... it's because I said that to Todoroki-Kun that... I..."

"You were trying to get him to realise something..." All Might told him.

"It's true... Todoroki-Kun looked so sad... that I meddled when I didn't need to..." Izuku breathed out and Kimitsuki frowned. "But that's not it... more importantly, back then, I was just... frustrated. I couldn't see in front or around me... I'm sorry..."

"It's true that it is a regrettable result," All Might responded. "Saying what you did was foolish won't change that. But you know, meddling when you don't need to... is the essence of being a hero,"

"What you did, Izu-Chan, was honourable," Kimitsuki told him quietly. "I think it was very brave of you... and I hope that I am able to be more like you. Please have a safe surgery and I will see you soon – hopefully after having won my match,"

🤍

A/N: Feels more like a filler but dw, Kimi's fights coming up --

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 16.8K 76
She was the average teenager who had a suitable Quirk and desire to become a hero - which was pretty much the same as him. The only difference was hi...
203K 5.6K 58
β™₯οΈŽβ™‘β™₯οΈŽβ™‘ Izuku Midoriya's world comes crumbling down. He's all alone in a world with no one to care for him. He ends up in the streets. When he disap...
3.5M 100K 85
(𝚈/πš—) (𝙻/πš—) 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πš‹πš˜πš›πš— πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚊 πš™πš˜πš πšŽπš›πšπšžπš• πššπšžπš’πš›πš”, πš‹πšžπš πšœπš‘πšŽ πš‘πš’πš πšπš‘πš’πšœ πšπš›πš˜πš– πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’πš˜πš—πšŽ πšπš‘πšŠπš πš πšŠπšœπš—'𝚝...
172K 5.3K 35
||"Ιͺ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ α΄›Κœα΄α΄œΙ’Κœα΄› Ιͺ α΄„α΄α΄œΚŸα΄… ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ α΄€s Κ™Ιͺα΄›α΄„ΚœΚ α΄€s ʏᴏᴜ." "α΄‘Κœα΄€α΄›'s α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴀɴ?!"|| ΰΌΆβ€’β”ˆβ”ˆβ›§β”ˆβ™› β™›β”ˆβ›§β”ˆβ”ˆβ€’ΰΌΆ in which a girl, alongside her friends...