Hot Mess ; Adrienette

By MyLadyNoire

Marinette and Adrien are not a couple. They love each other, but hate each other. Adrien is the handsome cap... More

1 - Start of the Year
2 - The Project
3 - 21 Questions
4 - A New Friend
5 - Party Fight
6 - Netflix and Chill
7 - Midnight Cuddles
8 - Kiss My Scar
10 - Vodka Fever
11 - On a Rainy Parisian Day
12 - When Darkness Comes
13 - Casino Night
14 - Champagne Soirée
15 - Adrien's Legacy
16 - At the top of France
17 - New York?
18 - Drunk in Love
19 - Tricky Ride
20 - Mess in London
21 - Memories and Broken Heart
22 - A Dangerous Path to Go On
23 - Pillow Talk
24 - Everything's Blurry Now
25 - The Most Beautiful Love Story
26 - It's the End of Us
27 - A New Life
Book II - Coming Soon

9 - Is It Too Late?

18.1K 500 3.1K
By MyLadyNoire

Adrien's POV

"Adrikins do you know where my cheer uniform is?!" I heard my step-sister scream from her room.

"How the fuck would I know that?!" I screamed back as I tried to comb my hair in front of my bathroom mirror.

"Never mind, found it!" She replied.

Today is game day: Black Cats vs. Blue Vipers. The game that will determine who gets to go on that free trip to London.

A few minutes later, Chloe barged in my room unhappily.

"That's it. You've had an attitude all week, what's up with you?" She leaned her body against my bathroom door and crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry..." I sighed. "Guess I'm just nervous about the game"

"You're not fooling me, Adrien" She said with a serious tone.

"Fine... It's about a girl" I admitted, and her eyes widened in shock.

"Is this about you and Mari? She's had an attitude all week too"

"I don't know Chloe, I try not to think about it because I need to stay focused on school, football, and everything else in my life" I groaned.

"Look... I've never understood the bizarre obsession that you two have for each other, but it's been years. Maybe it's time to stop playing games"

"Yeah, tell that to her..." I mumbled, thinking about her stunt at the nurse's office the other day.

"You're the one who had a threesome two days ago. You should stop fooling around with other girls if you want Mari to take you seriously" She pointed her finger at me, and I shrugged.

"I'm serious, Adrikins. You're not 16 anymore, we're all entering adulthood, it's time to act like it" She said before leaving.

Marinette's POV

I was not particularly excited to go to Heritage High School today. The last thing I wanted was to see Lila.

But hey, I can't let the Lilas of this world get to me every time. I'll put on a smile, hike up my skirt and ignore her if it comes down to it.

Chloe texted me that she was coming in a minute. I tightened my ponytail, straightened my cheer uniform and put on my white sneakers.

I hopped in the limo next to Chloe with Adrien facing me. Damn it, the scar on his face makes him look even hotter than usual.

"Ready for the big game?" I asked chirpily.

"Yup, I can't wait for you to scream my name out there" Adrien teased, and I scoffed in response.

When we arrived at Heritage, a bunch of girls jumped on Adrien and asked for pictures. They clung to his every word like pigeons with food. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

"Hoe alert, 4 o'clock" Chloe whispered in my ear. I tilted my head and spotted Lila giving me a stank eye.

"Ugh, whatever" I groaned.

Then, we heard some very high-pitched squeals behind us. We turned around and my heart dropped inside my chest.

Adrien was kissing one of the girls he was talking to. I gulped and tilted my head upwards in anger.

"Whatever you're thinking of doing, don't. Not today. Adrien cannot be distracted during the game. And neither can you" Chloe said.

"I don't know what you mean..." I replied innocently.

"You don't care that he's kissing someone else?"

"Why would I? She's not even that pretty" I frowned. The blonde girl was about to retort, but her back straightened out.

"Shit, Luka's coming over here... Will you be okay?"

"Yeah, yeah..." I reassured her.

After our unsuccessful date, Luka texted me like a hundred times to explain the texts I saw on his phone. He said that it was all a misunderstanding...

"Hey, Mari..." Luka said hesitantly.

"Hey..." I replied shyly, and Chloe gave us some privacy.

"Look... I don't want you to ever think that you were some kind of dare or challenge. These texts were very misleading..." He explained with sad eyes.

I raised my brows and nodded, indicating him to go on.

"The thing is... I've liked you for a very long time, and my friends keep teasing me about it. They're the ones who encouraged me to ask you out on a date..."

"All right, Luka... I'm sorry. I tend to jump to conclusions too fast, and I didn't treat you fairly" I apologized.

His gorgeous blue eyes lit up at my words.

"Does that mean that you'll give me a second chance?"

Suddenly, my thoughts wandered to a certain model. My gaze left Luka and searched for Adrien. He was already looking in our direction with angry eyes and a clenched jaw. The girls were still clinging onto him, and I sighed.

Luka lifted my chin and our blue eyes locked once again "He's a playboy, Mari. I know that he's your friend, but that doesn't change the fact that he fucks every girl who shows interest in him. And he never cares about them"

His words felt like venom. Why am I getting sad over Adrien? It's not like I have feelings for him... We just randomly flirt together, but it's always been a competitive friendly thing... right?

"Okay, Luka. I'll give you a second chance" I sighed and smiled at him.

He smiled back and pulled me into a hug. It reminded me of the hug I gave Adrien the night we slept together...

"Wanna meet my team?" Luka proposed with a smirk. I looked behind him and spotted the Blue Vipers smiling at us like idiots.

"Mmm.. I don't think so. They're kinda the enemies, you know?... Go Black Cats!" I teased.

"Fair enough..."

He took my hand and kissed it, which made me giggle.

"Marinette, come on!" I heard someone yell behind me. The Black Cats and cheerleaders were heading towards the field.

"Better get going..." I kissed him on the cheek.

I ran to my cheerleaders and they all beamed at me.

"Sooo... I'm guessing you and Luka made up?" Chloe asked and nudged my elbow playfully.

"Yeah..." I whispered with a fake smile.

"...Then why do you look so sad?"

My eyes trailed back to Adrien. Luka was right... He's never going to change. I'd be an idiot to think that I could actually make him care about me.

Adrien's POV

Idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot...

Why on earth would I kiss this girl?! Actually, that's a rhetorical question. I wanted to make her jealous...

Well good job, Agreste, now she's back with perfect Luka. I tilted my head subtly to look at her, and she was talking with the other cheerleaders.

Our eyes connected for a split second, but I looked away.

On the field, the game began. My sudden urge to win came back. A part of me just wanted to beat the hell out of Luka - I mean the Vipers.

The bleachers were surprisingly full, filled with people I didn't know and didn't care about. All I wanted was to impress Marinette, just for a moment. Because I know that she's had a soft spot for football players since elementary school...

2 minutes until the end of the game. We were already winning, but I scored another touchdown, earning many cheers and some groans from the bleachers.

When the game ended, everyone chanted my name, and I smiled in victory.

I looked at the cheerleaders from my school who were crazy in joy.

Except Marinette.

My smile faded when I saw her going to Luka, who seemed very sad.

He took his helmet off and Marinette tried to comfort him. My blood started to boil, because she's supposed to be on my side here. We won.

Then, my heart shattered into a million pieces when the worst thing that could possibly happen, happened: Luka leaned down to kiss her.

He gave her her first kiss.

I was about to go there and physically break them apart, but I couldn't move.

The boys were still hyped up about our win and the fact that we were going to London next month.

I couldn't take it anymore. My helmet suffocated me, the sight of Luka kissing my princess suffocated me, and the people cheering my name suffocated me.

I ran towards the changing rooms. Some people asked where I was going, but I ignored them.

Thank God, there was no one here. I violently took my helmet off and slammed it on the ground.

Over the past few years, this feeling I felt for Marinette grew stronger every day. I wanted to spend time with her, make her laugh, flirt with her, and compliment her any chance I got. But I never understood why...

Whenever she was unhappy, I was unhappy. Whenever she needed help, I wanted to be the one to help her...

I was slowly, gently, falling head over heels for her, without even realizing it. And now, she's with another guy...

I slammed my fist on a locker, and the sound echoed for a few seconds.

Silence.

Then, I heard a feminine voice call my name.

"Go away, Marinette" I whispered.

"No"

I let out an exasperated sigh and looked at her. Why did she have to be so beautiful..? A frown appeared on her face when she saw my swollen injured fist.

"Tell me what's wrong... You won the game!" She said with a small smile.

"No, I didn't..." I scoffed, and sat down on the bench.

Somehow, I think she understood what I meant. She sat next to me, keeping a small distance between us.

"Adrien... Do you... like me?" She asked, and she sounded genuinely confused.

My gaze turned to her, and our eyes met "I love you..."

She tensed and didn't respond.

"...These words have been begging to come out of my mouth since the moment I first saw you..." I uttered every word slowly.

The dim light above us made it hard for me to examine her reaction. But she seemed... irritated?

She got up and ran her hands through her hair. "Then why would you have sex with half of Paris?!"

I got up too. "Need I remind you that you flirt with every guy who talks to you?!"

She scoffed in disbelief. "Yeah right... And even if I did, how can you compare flirting with sex?"

"Why do you think I brought a different girl home every day?!" I raised my voice at her, and she frowned angrily.

"Because all you want is to have a temporary good time and you don't care about them enough to actually respect them" She crossed her arms on her chest and my jaw dropped.

"Is that really what you think about me?" My voice cracked a bit.

"Yeah"

"Well you're wrong! I was trying to make you jealous..." I started, but she interrupted me.

"That doesn't make any sense, Adrien" She huffed.

"...And every single time I finished, I had to restrain myself from saying your name"

She just stood there, mouth agape. Wait... Did I really just admit that?

"Mari... The only reason why I slept with other girls is because I couldn't be with you. In my own messy way, I was trying to move on..." I approached her slowly and cornered her against the wall.

"I don't believe you... Why didn't you just tell me?" She whispered. She looked so... tempting. Especially in that cheer outfit.

"Would you have accepted me if I did?" I lifted her chin and looked inside her tearful eyes.

"How do I know that you don't want me for my body? To use me?"

"You really want me to go there?" I asked huskily.

Our faces were almost touching, and she nodded.

"Every time I walk into a room, my eyes look for you. Even when I know that you're not there. In the morning, the first thing that crosses my mind is your eyes. And the last thing I think of before falling asleep is your lips. I know that you drink two coffees a day; the first one is black and you add sugar - Splenda - in the second one. I know that your go-to accessory is a pearl necklace..."

The subtle tears in her eyes started flowing on her rosy cheeks, and I wiped them with my thumbs.

"...I've never heard you curse. I know that the first fashion sketch you ever drew was a maxi black dress, and you were 4 years old. You do this cute thing with your eyebrows when you don't get what you want. What I love most about you, is how good of a friend you are to my sister..."

I could've gone on and on and on. I know this girl like the back of my hand.

"Adrien..." She whispered.

"Yes, my lady?"

By now, the room was blazing hot. I looked into her deep blue eyes like it was the only solid thing in a dizzy world.

One little step forward and we would be kissing...

•••

So originally, I planned to separate this chapter in two, but I just put it all in one chapter. That's why it might feel rushed...

Don't forget to vote if you like my chapters!!

Also... Guess who's gonna be in London...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 1K 26
Christmas is a time for love, joy and laughter, even if you are a superhero of Paris and have sworn off love. 23 year old Marinette Dupain-Cheng and...
3.9K 43 10
Adrien, now a senior is high-school is and always has been one of nicest "rich kids" in school. But ever since his freshman year he for some reason h...
236K 9.3K 11
Marinette had unfortunately lost her eyesight in a horrid tragedy a year before. She dreads the first day of her sophomore year (10th grade/10th year...
85.4K 2.1K 13
COMPLETED Adrien Agreste was homeschooled his whole life, never able to leave his house without his bodyguard or his father's assistant on hand. Howe...