Confessions of a Corpse

BeMoreBroadway által

[REUPLOADED FROM MY ALT ACCOUNT, @Beebs_the_writer] The District Attorney didn't want to die. The District At... Több

Chapter 1 - Shot through the heart (and into the void)
Chapter 2 - Awake and alive
Chapter 3 - Charlotte
Chapter 5 - Steak, galleries, and baseballs
Chapter 6 - "One, two, three: security!"
Chapter 7 - The best security guard
Chapter 8 - Into the vault
Chapter 9 - The sewers
Chapter 10 - "You haven't steered me wrong...yet."
Chapter 11 - If you can't scream for fame, then scream for the exit
Chapter 12 - Rule number one of a horror movie: never split up
Chapter 13 - A cult, a cave-in, and gymnastics
Chapter 14 - A dove in a cage
Chapter 15 - Teasing
Chapter 16 - Splitting up
Chapter 17 - A window to the past
Chapter 18 - "Same snake, different skin."
Chapter 19 - No one's ever truly gone
Chapter 20 - The Realization™
Chapter 21 - Confessions
Chapter 22 - "It's groundhog day..."

Chapter 4 - The heist begins

61 2 0
BeMoreBroadway által

...

A few days of being alive later, I ran into an old enemy.

Or, at least, someone who reminded me of an old enemy.

They were dead ringers for each other, the Actor - that bastard - and this new guy, Mark. We had talked - well, he did most of the talking. I just nodded and played along - and not too long after that, I had landed in my current situation. I peered through the bush I was crouched in, waited until the security guard had passed by, then exited the bush and looked up at the building in front of me. It was a large museum. I had never seen anything like it, even when I was alive. I took a slow, deep breath - damn, it felt good to do that again - and pulled out the grapple gun my partner had saddled me with.

Stepping back, I aimed up at the ledge that was above me and pulled the trigger, sending me flying into the air. I landed on the rooftop with catlike grace and made my way over to an air duct, removing the cover and crawling inside. I was a little surprised that I had managed to do this but chalked it up to my new skinny frame. I slowly crawled through the ducts - eat your heart out, Ethan Hunt - and dropped down onto a walkway where my partner had instructed us to meet.

As I slowly looked around, taking in my new surroundings, I suddenly heard a Tarzan yell and the sound of glass shattering. I whipped around, raising my gun in defense, only to breathe a soft sigh of relief as my partner landed on all fours down in front of me.

"All right, we're in," he said, shifting to stand in a crouch and brushing himself off. "You know the plan, right?" I opened my mouth to speak before being cut off by a short snicker. "What am I saying? You practically wrote it. Everything you need is in your bag, so let's synchronize our watches on three." My eyes widened. He never mentioned needing a watch! Before I could say anything, he pressed the button on his watch.

"Three! Perfect. Now, stick to the plan and you'll be just fine," he said, then glared at me almost authoritatively. "But if you deviate from it for even a single moment, I won't come back for you." I gaped at him. He couldn't be serious, right? Maybe this guy and that rat bastard were the same people after all... He then gave me a grin and pulled out his grapple gun, standing up.

"Okay? Good luck!"

And with that, he was off.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

278K 9.9K 41
She didn't think she'd survive. All he wanted was one touch.
6.6K 326 6
"Well, I didn't have much of a choice." ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ "We all have choices." "Yeah, well some choices are taken from you while others leave you w...
660K 23.2K 54
he couldn't take what he gave..so in the end was it all worth it? They were No Good for each other and everybody else around them... Updates everyday...
1M 41.1K 101
Every one knows that every good girl wants a bad boy, to be good just for her. And every bad boy wants a good girl, to be bad just for him. I had...