Chapter 15 - Teasing

"You're so good."

I shuddered, hearing the same entity from earlier speak as Mark and I walked into the darkness again. There was a soft, sultry chuckle that seemed to echo through my bones, making me shiver again and hug my arms to my chest. Surprisingly, nothing followed that.

"Oh, so you're just gonna tease me, now, is that it?" I muttered.

Another chuckle.

"Amelia, if I wanted to tease you..." Suddenly, I became very aware of something coiling around my legs. I looked down in alarm to see large, shadowy tendrils stroking my thighs, tantalizingly close to my groin.

"...I would have just done this~"

I dragged my bottom lip between my teeth and did my best to ignore the tiny shocks of pleasure that rippled through my core as I trudged forward, following Mark's murky outline.

"I appreciate the teasing, but I'm on a mission," I managed to somehow get the words out without moaning. The shadows stilled in their movements before disappearing entirely.

"Thank you. I'll...I'll find you. Somehow."

"Looking forward to it already, precious~"

I shuddered again at the way the words were purred out, then squeaked in surprise as I felt breath against the back of my neck. It was a momentary thing, but I knew I was going to be rattled for a bit. Mark and I emerged into the light, and I took a moment to gather my thoughts and calm myself.

"Oh, wow," Mark whispered. "Oh, wow. Okay. So judging by the, uh, decor-" said decor consisting of tattered rags, candles, and animal bones alongside ritual supplies. "-I'm guessing this is the cult's home base, or something they might call home. I don't know too many cults myself, but just an educated guess that this might be where they kind of live." I looked around curiously at all the candles.

"Wonder if we can perform a séance," I mused.

"Why? You got ghost friends you wanna chat with?"

"Mmhm. Specifically, someone I never got to confess something to."

"Ooooh, spill the beans!" He wiggled his eyebrows teasingly. I playfully smacked his shoulder.

"Not a chance. Let's keep moving." He stuck his tongue out at me, then laughed a bit, and kept walking.

"Anyways, let's try to get through as quickly as possible and--actually, I'm thinking this might be the way out," he said, shining his flashlight down a tunnel. He then cast the light onto a sign that was close by. "Oh. Limit one person per tunnel. Will collapse if two people go down a single tunnel. No exceptions."

Oh no.