Family Matters

Par SeekingAndromeda_

Ceres wasn't even born when she was taken away from her family who she now has no knowledge of. Her life with... Plus

Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Q & A
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Q & A #2
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Popularity Results
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
A Year With You
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
The End
More Family Matters
PART 2: Chapter One
PART 2: Chapter Two
PART 2: Chapter Three
PART 2: Chapter Four
PART 2: Chapter Six
PART 2: Chapter Seven
PART 2: Chapter Eight
PART 2: Chapter Nine
PART 2: Chapter Ten
PART 2: Chapter Eleven
New Book 😁

PART 2: Chapter Five

4.6K 252 19
Par SeekingAndromeda_

It was around seven in the morning when Ceres walked through the door. She had felt much better after getting a full night's rest. It was surprising to her that she didn't have any nightmares when she was with Hayden but she didn't question it.

"Wow, you're not even gonna try to sneak in?" Ares said with a small laugh. He had taken to the couch the night before as he was watching a movie and had woken up at the sound of the door opening.

"Why should I?" Ceres asked with a confused look.

'No normal teen would come home after being out all night and not try to sneak in...only you' Ares thought.

Ceres figured she'd just explain what happened when she got home if anyone asked and that it would be alright. Ceres went upstairs so that she could take a quick shower and get ready for school but as soon as she reached the top of the stairs, she was met with the sight of an upset Lance.

"Morning..." Ceres muttered and Lance raised a brow.

"Where were you last night?" He asked and Ceres sighed.

"I was with Hayden. We didn't do anything" Ceres said quickly so as to avoid any unnecessary suspicions coming from her brother.

Lance gave a small sigh.

"As much as I want to be upset about that part, it isn't my main focus. You didn't say anything so naturally we were worried. Please at least text us if you're going to be out late" Lance said and Ceres gave him a smile.

"Sorry, I know I should have. I won't forget next time" Ceres said and Lance nodded.

"Good. I'm glad you understand, now hurry up and get ready. I'll drive you to school" Lance said.

Ceres hurried to get ready and once she was, she headed downstairs and out to Lance's car where he was waiting inside for her.

"Are you okay?" Lance asked as the two were on the way. Ceres nodded slowly at his question.

"I didn't have any nightmares. It was strange but I'm glad" Ceres said and Lance nodded.

He knew that the reason she didn't have any nightmares was most likely because she was with Hayden, someone she trusted very deeply. It's not as if she didn't trust her brothers but Lance knew that someday Ceres would find the right person that she'd feel much more comfortable with opening herself up to.

Lance did have to admit that he was kind of salty about it not being her own family but he couldn't help it if that's how she feels.

"Have a good day, be safe, and please remember to let one of us know if you have any plans" Lance said.

"Yes sir" Ceres said playfully and Lance let out a small laugh.

Ceres gave Lance a quick 'thank you for the ride' before getting out of the car and heading towards the school.

Once Lance made sure that Ceres had gone inside the school, he was about to drive off when he got a text message.

Kade: Your favorite brother is coming over later and I'm bringing your favorite nephew <3

Lance smirked at Kade's text. Didn't he know that Kai was his only nephew? Unless his brothers were hiding any kids from him...

Lance: I won't disagree to Kai being my favorite nephew but the favorite brother part...

Kade: Don't be like that!! It's okay to admit it every once in a while

Lance: Whatever makes you happy, see you later

Lance put his phone back in his pocket and started up the car. Now he would have to deal with Kade's dramatics on a Friday...lovely.

So much for thank god it's Friday...

~*~

By the end of the day, Ceres was heavily drained and ready to go home. All day teachers just piled assignment after assignment on her and she was just over all of it.

Ceres had gotten a text not too long ago that one of her brothers were coming to pick her up so after saying goodbye to her friends, she headed to the front.

"Hey kiddo, hurry up and get in, we've got company" Ares said when he saw Ceres walking up the the car.

"Company?" Ceres questioned once she was in the car.

"Yeah, Kade and mini Kade are at the house" Ceres' expression brightened when hearing that Kai was at the house. She absolutely adored the little baby and Kai adored her even more.

Once the two reached the house, Ceres barely waited for Ares to park the car before dashing into the house.

"Oh, hey you're back" Lucas said as he saw his sister come in. Kade, who was sitting on the couch, shot up immediately and ran over to Ceres and engulfed her in a tight hug.

"Oh, honey, I missed you so much!!" Kade cried and Ceres let out a small laugh as she returned the hug.

"I missed you too" she said as she pulled away. Kade leant down a little and looked at the strands of Ceres' hair.

"Your hair is getting long again, would you like me to cut it before I go?" Kade asked.

"It's okay, it isn't too long" Ceres said and Kade nodded.

Hearing a little gurgle, Ceres turned to see Max walking into the living room with Kai clinging to him like a koala.

"Oh thank god you're here, please take this death contraption" Max muttered as he walked over to Ceres.

"Don't call my son a death contraption!" Kade exclaimed.

"...if it comes from you, then it's a death contraption" Max said.

Kai looked at Ceres who was waving at him and he immediately started reaching for her to which she grabbed him from Max's arms.

"Hi baby Kai, long time no see" Ceres said as she tickled the underside of his chin and Kai bursted into a fit of giggles.

"How long are you staying this time?" Ares asked as he looked at Kade who was watching Ceres and Kai.

"I'm not sure, Nadine said she'd let me know when she's off" Kade said.

"Well you can go, just leave Kai here" Lance said and Kade's jaw dropped.

"Is this your indirect way of saying you guys don't want me here?!" Kade exclaimed.

"We've all had to see your ugly face for 10 or more years of our lives, so forgive us if we're tired of seeing it" Max grumbled and Kade pouted.

"What Max means is that he wants you to have some rest since taking care of a baby doesn't always allow that" Lance said.

"That's one hell of a way to put it" Ares muttered.

"Hello?" The sound of the door opening and closing grabbed everyone's attention. Everyone looked at each other confused until they saw Roman round the corner and everyone was up and at his side.

"Woah, I can't believe you're here!" Ares said as he hugged his older brother.

"Well, you can thank me" Kade said triumphantly.

"Yeah, Kade texted me that he was coming here so I pulled a few strings and left work early" Roman said.

"Since we're all here, you guys should stay for dinner. Ceres' cooking has really improved and I'm sure she'd love to show you guys what she can do" Lance said and Ceres turned red at the sudden praise.

"Only a little..." She said and rubbed Kai's back when he started to get a little fussy with all the people around.

"Dinner sounds great" Roman said.

"Wanna hold Kai?" Ceres asked as she walked up to Roman and Roman nodded before grabbing Kai from her.

"Kai really is the spitting image of you Kade" Roman said as he looked down at Kai.

"Well of course he is, he's my son after all" Kade said and Roman chuckled.

Roman stopped for a moment when he smelled a foul odor and soon realized it was coming from Kai who was just staring at him innocently.

"Well, you got that right. Your son needs a diaper change" Roman said before handing Kai back to his father.

"Oh come on, you can't change one diaper?" Kade said and Roman shook his head.

"I didn't sign up for the parent life, you did" He said before heading over to join Lucas and Max on the couch.

"Fine, come on Kai, these guys don't deserve to change your diaper" Kade muttered before grabbing Kai's bag of baby items and heading upstairs.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

Child of a King Par Anne Mason

Mystère / Thriller

85.4K 2.7K 43
After a heartbreaking event, a family is forced to split up because of their ancestors' rivalry. The father hides in South America with their sons an...
Their Treasure Par aficchi

Roman pour Adolescents

90.7K 1.8K 16
Alessandra had always been in the dark about her family. Her mother made sure of it. She never told her anything about her father, her mysterious jo...
1.9M 50.8K 47
Genesis has grown up with a neglective, abusive father all throughout her sixteen years of life. Despite all the pain and trauma she goes through, sh...
Estella Par AVI

Fiction générale

76.7K 1.9K 29
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...