Pokemon: Shadow Hunter (Story...

By Frozenbeenie

Story 2: previous story (Pokemon: Flower Trainer) watch for important stars on the chapters!) Shadow Series... More

*Seeing a Flower*
Chapter 1: Woods
Chapter 2: Knowledge
Chapter 3: Starters
Chapter 4: Examination
Chapter 5: Shadows
Chapter 6: Hospital
Chapter 7: N
Chapter 8: Metaphor
Chapter 9: Daycare
Chapter 10: Wisp
Chapter 11: Reunion
Chapter 12: Father
Chapter 13: Gengar
Chapter 14: Museum
Chapter 15: Skull
Chapter 16: Pokédex
Chapter 17: Castelia City
Chapter 18: Pain
Chapter 19: Victory
Chapter 20: Bianca
Chapter 21: Nimbasa
Chapter 23: Elesa
Chapter 24: Clay
Chapter 25: Lunar
Chapter 26: Celestial Tower
Chapter 27: Dragonspiral
Chapter 28: Birthday
Chapter 29: Pokémon League
Chapter 30: Looker
Chapter 31: Wish
Please read A/N

Chapter 22: Ferris Wheel

407 15 1
By Frozenbeenie

Angel's Pov

I walked around with Pikachu and Lampent in such a pretty city! There're so many things I can do here!

Sableye had forced me to change my clothes into a white summer dress with some flowers and some flats... I have no idea why. She did sign that it's only for today. So, I guess today, I will wear this cute dress!

"Pika! Chu!" Pikachu pointed up ahead. Two Team Plasma grunts were messing with a old man! I ran over to help him.

"Gramps! We know you run the day care!" One of them said. He runs the day care? He's the one that gave me Pikachu!

"How do you know that?" The man asked.

"Because we're Team Plasma!"

"We are taking Pokémon away from people" the other grunt said "since you work at the day care, we figured you must have a lot of Pokémon! Hand them over!" The man glared.

"What kind of nonsense is this!?" He looked around, saw me, then ran to my side "You! You were the young lady who I gave that egg to!" He eyed Pikachu and smiled "please help me!" I nodded.

"Yes sir!" I glared at the grunts.

"If you're going to get in our way, we'll take your Pokémon, too!" One of the grunts used a device and grabbed Pikachu off my shoulder.

"No! Pikachu!" I frowned.

"Pika!" She cried.

"Use thunder shock!" She used her powers, but it didn't do a thing. They both laughed.

"Sorry kiddo! This net is Pokémon power proof. No one can break it!" I glared and sent out Snivy.

"Snivy! Leaf tornado and get back Pikachu!" Snivy nodded and created a tornado of leaves, then attacked the grunts flying around uncontrollably. Pikachu was in the air and out their hands "vine whip!" Snivy grabbed Pikachu and gave her to me "good job! Now let them down" she stopped the tornado and dropped the the grunts to the ground

"This went downhill fast!" One of them said while having a hard time standing still "so I think... we'd better... ruun!" They ran but ended up running into each other "let's hide out at the amusement park!" They ran off.

"They are such a drag" I sighed.

"Thank you so much!" The man smiled while I freed Pikachu from this cage. She cheered and climbed my shoulder happily "is that from the Pokémon egg that I have you?"

"Yes! She evolved from a Pichu not too long ago" Pikachu looked at him confused.

"She's lovely" Pikachu blushed embarrassed "please take this as a token of my gratitude" he gave me a small light-yellow marble attached to a string "It's a light ball. I simply adore Pikachu and knew this was something they liked. Given my dream of having one, I want to give this to you" I smiled and put it around Pikachu. She looked at it in awe

"Are you sure you want to give this to me?" He nodded, sure of it "thank you so much!"

"I am happy to see that your Pokémon is growing bright and healthy. I must be going. Good day" he bowed and walked away.

"Angel!" I heard Bianca call and come towards me "Where's Blade?" She looked around, standing a good distance between us.

"In the battle subway "

"Typical" she giggled "anyways, the professor told me Nimbasa City has a lot of things to see and do. The amusement park, the big stadium, small court, and the battle subway! I would have figured that Blade would be in the Battle Subway. He has always been interested in beating the Pokémon league. It's been his dream since we were kids" I stared at her trying really hard to act normal but could tell she was still uncomfortable around me.

"Bianca..." I tried reaching out for her, but that caused her to flinch and move away more

"I-I'm going to go see the Pokémon Musical! See you later!" She ran off.

"Bianca!" She was already gone. How can I stop her from being scared of me...? "I guess there's always next time..." I sighed and looked at my girls "let's look for Team Plasma. They might be up to no good!" I ran into the amusement park

N's Pov

I watched her battling the Team Plasma members for stealing her Pokémon. More like... send them in a tornado and force to take the Pikachu back.

After that blonde girl left a bit fearful. I had noticed that Pikachu loving her trainer like crazy. Pikachu and Lampent seem to be connected to that girl somehow...

They ran off to the amusement park. I looked up and saw the Ferris wheel... I wanna go there.

I walked into the amusement park and saw the girl laying on a bench with her Pikachu and a Pichu on her stomach. That's odd... She got another Pokémon egg to get another Pichu?

Lampent looked over at me 'Ah... It's you' she said. What did she mean by that? She floated over and floated around me, observing me 'so you'll be the hero of Unova, huh?' I nodded.

"I want to save all Pokémon" she closed her eyes and looked over at the girl.

'Have fun with that' she floated back to the girl. She sat up after picking up Pikachu and Pichu and put them on the bench.

'Master! It smells good!' The Pikachu said

'Can we eat?' The Pichu asked. The girl giggled

"Of course," she walked to a small field and sat down while a Gengar brought her and every one of her Pokémon food. I remember that Gengar.

Pikachu was eating and noticed me staring 'hello!' She smiled. The girl looked up and smiled at me.

"N!" I walked over "It's been a long time! How are you?" She was kind.

"I'm fine" I observed every one of her Pokémon. They seem really happy being with her.

"Would you like to join us?" She asked.

"Oh! No thank you..." Snivy used her vine whip and sat me down "Wait a minute... You're the Snivy from Pinwheel Forest" she nodded and started eating her Pokémon food again. I looked at the girl "Did you catch it?"

"Well... sort of. You see, I wasn't feeling good when I went back to the city. My friend had to deal with Team Plasma to get back the Dragon Skull. He saw Snivy and I think Snivy thought we were the same person?" I looked at Snivy.

'The two of them are twins' she told me 'The boy told me Angel wasn't feeling good. I got worried because she did help me after our battle... I went over to the city to find her... She didn't use force to capture me. I did want to go with her... but I didn't know if she noticed until her twin said so. She promised me that she would train me and become stronger' she took another pallet of food and ate it 'she's a very nice human. Very loving' I smiled and looked at Angel, so that was her name. I had forgotten 'By the way, she doesn't know that that boy and she are twins. Don't mention it' I nodded.

"Do you understand her?" Angel asked "I remembered you telling me that you understand Pokémon's language. That's a wonderful gift" she smiled. My cheeks felt warm.

"Y-Yes" why do I feel nervous? "And you? You said you..."

"I feel their hearts. I understand what they are feeling. When they are sad and such. I also know their body language of them, so when I have to know what they need, I know" I smiled.

"You're really something" I looked at the Pichu transform into a Pikachu and play around with the original Pikachu "Oh?" Angel giggled and looked down at the two.

"Zorua. Please show yourself. Don't be rude" The unknown Pokémon snickered and transformed into a Zorua. It jumped on Angel's lap and had her pet her happily.

"Say hello Zorua" Zorua looked at me.

'Hello!' I smiled.

"Hello there"

'Who are you?'

"I'm N"

'Nice to meet you!' She ate the pallet Angel fed her.

"If you don't mind, why don't you tell me about your trainer. You seem very fond of her"

'Sure!' She swallowed her food and waited a moment 'her name is Angel! I met her in Castelia City. I was lost and lonely... I stole food from her brother when pretending to be hurt little girl' she snickered 'Angel knew I wasn't a human, she felt my lonely heart and asked me if I wanted to go with her. She's a nice human! I'm not lonely anymore!'

"Good" I smiled.

"What she say?" Angel asked.

"She was telling me the time that you two met in Castelia City" she looked at me amazed.

'I soon discovered that she's a Shadow Hunter!' A Shadow Hunter? 'they are shadows that leave the human or Pokémon body after they die, they are vicious and often hurt my master because she has a bright heart and no shadow. Her own shadow was taken away from the legendary Pokémon Giratina, who had raised her in the Distortion World' my eyes widened 'Giratina gave her a mission to save Unova from the shadows that run free in this region. She must take those gathered shadows to a tower and it will seal the free Shadows with a odd keystone. Shadows do not like the keystone. Before she came here to the human world, she didn't know any language because since her shadow was taken from her, her knowledge was taken with it. In order to not let her shadow find her, she must be fearless, if she is in fear, it will find her and make her cold and cruel' Snivy's vine slapped her cheek 'ow!'

'What is wrong with you!?' Snivy glared. Lampent looked away.

"Angel..." I called shock. She looked at me confused "So... You were raised in the Distortion World with a Legendary Pokémon?" Her sat out her food and looked at me, terrified.

"H-How...?" She looked at Zorua and started crying. Zorua flinched.

'Master! Was I not supposed to tell him!? I'm sorry!'

"S-So..." She looked at me with tears in her eyes, lifeless and with no shine "You think I'm a freak then?" I frowned at her tears.

'No! Master! Don't listen to them! They are trying to taunt you!' Pikachu cried and used a thunder shock near her head 'Don't be scared! You faced the stage fright! Don't put yourself down again! You're not a freak!' What's going on?

'Now that you know' Lampent sighed 'she has the ability to see ghost. She's listening to ghost right now, and they are trying to tell her negative things so that her shadow comes back and finds her'

'She used to have stage fright' her Zebstricka said 'it messed up her fearless nature because she hasn't been around humans before. Do something...'

'Do something...' Zorua cried. I started getting more nervous, then watched Angel holding her head, shaking it side to side.

"No..." she cried. Lampent started shaking her head.

'Please do something!' Lampent begged 'before her shadow finds her...' oh Arceus. What did I get myself into? I shouldn't have asked her if she was from the Distortion World or not. That question was out of line and none of my business.

I slowly went over to take her hand, something I've seen a man do with a woman he was with that caught her attention "I don't think you're a freak" I said. She looked up and looked at me with her beautiful wet blue eyes. My heart felt like it exploded.

"You don't...?" I shook my head.

"Just surprised is all. I have met many kinds of trainers, but never in my life had I ever met a trainer who had Pokémon raise her... I think you're unique and can I say? Awesome" her shine returned to her eyes, and she gave me a smile

"Thank you..." she wiped her tears. Zorua walked up feeling guilty.

'I'm sorry master... if I knew...' Angel put her on her lap and pet her head.

"You didn't know. I feel your guilt. It's alright" she kissed her nose. Zorua smiled sadly and cuddled with her happily.

'Angel' Lampent looked at me 'tell her that it doesn't matter what people think of her. She has to remember her mission' I told Angel what she said 'no one will judge you because you are the sweetest girl here. You are without a shadow and your negative traits are not around. No one can think badly of you' I repeated what she said. Angel smiled and sat back straight.

"You're sweet" my face felt like it was on fire.

"No! It wasn't-" Lampent giggled at me. I stayed silent and took it as it was "Thanks" Angel put her hand on my heart confused. I covered my red face.

"This feeling you hold..." oh no! I forgot she can feel hearts! "I don't seem to recognize it. Attraction?" My nose started bleeding "oh!" She reached for a napkin to wipe off the blood before Zorua turned into a water type and shot me with a water gun.

'Cool off mister!' She snickered. I was soaking wet now.

"Oh! I'm sorry" Angel frowned, wiping my face for me. I let her do it, feeling weird how my heart was racing out of control.

"It's fine" I squeezed the water off my clothes. She stood up after I did and cupped her hands together.

"Can I make it up to you?" I stared at her eyes full of guilt. I smiled and petted her head. Her cheeks turned pink.

"Don't worry about it. Hey, I saw you here looking for Team Plasma, right?" she gasped.

"That's right!" She faced her Pokémon "let's go everyone!" They nodded and were returned, except for Pikachu.

'I'm glad you're okay master!' She hugged Angel's head. I sighed and looked away. I'm not going to change my mind...

Angel's Pov

"Pika! Pi!" Pikachu hugged me. I smiled and petted her head. Seeing those ghosts and hearing them taunt me again was awful... but with what N said, it made me feel better and forget about the negative things. He was sweet enough to think that I wasn't a freak even after learning of something out of this world. Even Blade is still freaked out about it.

"Hey, N?" He listened, his heart felt very warm and... was full of affection. I never felt something like that before... I didn't even know it exists or what it means.

"Yeah?"

"Promise you won't tell my secret? I trust you enough to hold my secret because you have an honest heart. My best friend is the only one that knows the full story" he nodded

"What secret?" He chuckled

"About-"

"I'm being sarcastic" I scratched my head.

"Sarcastic..." I don't think I used sarcasm before. I'm barely finishing up on how to use metaphors.

"Never mind, let's just look for Team Plasma" I smiled.

"Okay!"

"I think I saw them. Come with me" I followed him around the pretty park until we reached a huge Ferris wheel! Whoa! "They're not here" he said. I looked around too. He looked up at the Ferris wheel.

"Let's ride the Ferris wheel and see if we can spot them" we went on the Ferris wheel and reached the top, spotting a beautiful view.

"Wow! We're high up!" Pikachu agreed with me.

"Have you ever gone on one of these?" I shook my head without taking my eyes off the view "I love Ferris wheels" I looked at him looking at the horizon, resting his chin on his hand. My heart started beating faster... What is this? "The circular motion... the mechanics. They're like collections of elegant formulas"

"I don't know what that is" I nervously smiled "Sorry" he chuckled and looked at me.

"So, Giratina, huh?" I nodded and looked out in the horizon "how come you lived in the Distortion World without any humans?"

"Father, he wanted to protect me..." he looked back at the horizon and sighed.

"I'm sure there's more to the story than what Zorua told me, but it's okay. I'm not here to judge" I smiled widely.

"Thank you" he looked down and leaned back on his seat.

"Since we're exchanging secrets with complete strangers... I like to tell you mine" I listened "first, I must tell you... I am the king of Team Plasma" I gasped and cupped my mouth.

"You're king of Team Plasma!?" But he's so nice! And Team Plasma is so mean!

"Ghetsis asked me to work with him to save the Pokémon"

"N..." I looked down at Pikachu's shadow on the side of my seat, then looked for N's... but there wasn't one... There's only one shadow in here. Oh Arceus... Ghetsis has his shadow... and N's the puppet!

"Oh no..." I can't believe this... How can a sweet guy like him be the king?! No, scratch that, how can he be the puppet!?

"I wonder how many Pokémon exist in this world..." he started spacing out. I was too in shock to answer. The ride was nearly over, and I only enjoyed half of it.

We hopped off the cart in complete silence... "My lord N!" I heard the grunt from an earlier call, I didn't let go of my shock phase.

"You're safe, sire!" The other said. N just stared at me. I just looked at the ground. There was guilt in his heart right now. I refuse to believe it.

"There's no problem" he told the grunts without taking his eyes away from me "you're part of the people we brought in to help us save the Pokémon. So, you're under my protection, as well." He looked behind his shoulder at them "let me battle to cover your retreat" Lampent appeared and sent out a Pokémon for me. It was Zebstricka

"...Now then, Angel" he said "do you follow my logic?"

"Pika! Pikachu!" Pikachu started crying.

"Ah" I looked up at him sending out a Sandile "then... the future I envision... perhaps I can't beat you here and now, but I'll battle you to buy time for these members to get away!" I looked away and closed my eyes.

"I can't believe this..." Is this what the human world really is like? Betrayal? Backstabbing? Even if we were acquaintances, he was the one that helped me face my fear back in Pinwheel Forest.

"Zebstricka... Go" I could hear battling going on. I didn't give a signal command, but my Pokémon knew exactly what I wanted for a attack. Pikachu licked my cheek and placed her forehead on mine... Trying to comfort me.

"It's okay Pikachu... I'm fine..." I convinced and saw Snivy crossing her arms after defeating N's last Pokémon. I have noticed he never uses the same Pokémon twice in our battles.

"You're quite strong" He said.

"Thanks..." he frowned and fixed his hat.

"But I have a future that I must change. and, for that future..." he walked up to me and lifted my chin to show me his grey blue eyes. They were sad and guilty, but strong and determined.

"I will defeat the champion and become unbeatable, unlike any other! I'll make all trainers free their Pokémon!" He closed his eyes and took a step back, gently dropping my chin "just try to stop me"

"Pika! Pikachu!" She cried.

"I'm doing this for you..." She shook her head.

"Pika! Pi!" N shook his head and looked at me.

"If you want to be together with Pokémon, your only hope if to collect the badges from each area and head for the Pokémon League!"

"Collect... each badge...?" But I haven't even tried to do that! I have one job!

"Or you can always go back to the Distortion World and hide there with your Pokémon. I know how much you love them but taking them away from this world is torture" I frowned at myself "just try to stop me. If you dare!" He turned around "If your conviction is not strong enough. You will never be able to defeat me" he walked away.

"N..." Your shadow is with Ghetsis... You're being a puppet... surely you have a mind of your own, so I know that whatever Ghetsis is saying to you are lies... and you have no choice but to believe it...

I couldn't even say that to him... My throat was tight... I looked at Lampent "Lampent..." Shuppet and Mismagius gave me a Pokémon Gym case "what is this?" Shuppet spun around and covered my head with her clothe, transporting her information.

I gasped and stared at my ghost types in shock. I quickly opened the case and saw four badges in here... Four!?

"No! Girls! I will not tolerate this! It is not okay to hypnotize people to make them think I battled them! No!" They disappeared "Get back here! Now! This is not right!!" I shouted, making people stop and stare at me. I groaned and struggled to put the case in my bag while running away.

"Challenging the Pokémon league is Blade's dream... He can stop Team Plasma. I have one job, and one job only... defeating Team Plasma isn't my job..." I looked at the night sky "I will take care of the shadows. Blade can be Unova's hero... I'm fine with being an unknown hero who took care of the shadows... That's it"

"Why are you talking to yourself?" I jumped and looked at Blade standing behind me.

"Blade! How much did you hear!?"

"Just... 'who took care of the shadows' were you talking about Giratina?" I nervously laughed and struggled to put the case in my bag again, hurry up and go in before he notices! He worked so hard to earn those badges and my ghost types made me cheat!

"Yeah!" I lied.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine!" I put the case in my bag... finally! "You're happy" I felt it in him "what's up?" He put his hand on his hip and showed me his opened badge case, showing 4 badges that were like mine. Oh Blade... I'm so sorry my Pokémon made me cheat!!

"I got the next gym badge from Elesa! She was tough but I finally got it! I even completed the first battle subway train! I'm really catching up and my Pokémon are growing a lot! Hey! Let's have a battle!" I looked away.

"Uh... no, I'm too tired too" and my Pokémon already fought against N.

"Awe..." he frowned and pet my head "It's okay. Hey, let's just go to sleep and we'll go to the performance square tomorrow"

"Performance square?"

"It's an area in the city where people show off their talents, and even sell food and such! It'll be fun! Let's relax in this city for a while! Elesa said she can't fix the bridge for another week, so let's have fun here!" I smiled and nodded.

"Okay, let's have fun here" he started thinking.

"The strangest thing..." I sweat dropped "Elesa was just so happy, she said she challenged a Pikachu and it was 'brighter than the Stars' or so she said" he mimicked a girl's voice. I started sweating... Why did you girls do this to me? "Did you challenge Elesa too?"

"Uh... uh..."

"If you did, you should have told me, I would've cheered you on!" I looked at him confused.

"Wait... You don't mind me challenging Gyms?" He shook his head.

"Of course not! I was going to tell you to challenge Burgh, he wanted to challenge you, but you know" he shrugged "he had to do his fashion design thing" I smiled.

"No, Gym battles are your thing. Have fun with it" he smiled.

"I will have fun, but I would love to see you challenge a gym. You may not enter the Pokémon League because you didn't get the badges I have, because those badges are too far away" I bit my lips.

"I..." I looked down "I did challenge Elesa" the information Shuppet gave me was that when I "battled" her, she adored Pikachu the most and such. The memories were fake, but in our minds, it actually happened "she was tough, I just wanted to see what it was like to battle her" I don't like lying...

"Well, at the next gym, let me challenge it next, then you can do it so all my focus can be on your battle" I smiled and hugged him.

"I'm going to miss that sweet heart of yours when I go home..." his hug became tighter for some reason, his heart just shattered "B-Blade...?" Did I say something wrong?

"No..." he cried "Please... Angel..." I tried to let go so I could look at him, but he didn't let go "I'm sorry" he let go and refused to let me look at any inch of his face "let's just go to our rooms... I'm tired from all that battling" he handed me his hand without looking at me. I slowly took it and let him walk me to the Pokémon Center.

"Blade..." he brought me to our room, he still didn't look at me "please look at me..." he wiped his face but still didn't look at me.

"I'm going to sleep. Goodnight. We'll have fun in this city tomorrow... Sweet dreams" he went under his blanket and shut me out. I felt my heart break. I don't like seeing him like that... he means so much to me. He is like a true brother to me... But I have to go and find my own brother... I'm sure he will understand

"Goodnight Blade..."

Edited 2/21/23 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266 3 26
BOOK 1 of the Kindred Spirits series Nyx moved to Unova to get away from everything, from everyone, from their not so great past. As soon as they rec...
64.5K 1.4K 19
This is currently on hiatus, and also this story is utter trash ples stop reading this- You Died! You Were So Happy That You Were Finally Free From T...
390 18 9
Pokémon Gray. What if Ash had never traveled to Unova before? Ash now eighteen and World Champion, he wants to take an important step in his journey...