Pokemon: Shadow Hunter (Story...

By Frozenbeenie

Story 2: previous story (Pokemon: Flower Trainer) watch for important stars on the chapters!) Shadow Series... More

*Seeing a Flower*
Chapter 1: Woods
Chapter 2: Knowledge
Chapter 3: Starters
Chapter 4: Examination
Chapter 5: Shadows
Chapter 6: Hospital
Chapter 7: N
Chapter 8: Metaphor
Chapter 9: Daycare
Chapter 10: Wisp
Chapter 11: Reunion
Chapter 12: Father
Chapter 13: Gengar
Chapter 14: Museum
Chapter 15: Skull
Chapter 16: Pokédex
Chapter 17: Castelia City
Chapter 18: Pain
Chapter 19: Victory
Chapter 20: Bianca
Chapter 22: Ferris Wheel
Chapter 23: Elesa
Chapter 24: Clay
Chapter 25: Lunar
Chapter 26: Celestial Tower
Chapter 27: Dragonspiral
Chapter 28: Birthday
Chapter 29: Pokémon League
Chapter 30: Looker
Chapter 31: Wish
Please read A/N

Chapter 21: Nimbasa

389 18 0
By Frozenbeenie

Angel's Pov

Oh, my goodness... Ghetsis... I didn't realize it before because he was so far away when I first saw him. But now that he was closer... I felt that he not only had a dark heart... but two shadows were covering it! How is that possible!?

"It is quite rare indeed" I heard father's voice. I looked up and saw him sitting next to me on the fountain.

"Father... that man had two shadows in his heart... Why is that?"

"Pika..." Pikachu frowned.

"It doesn't happen much, but one of those shadows belonged to someone's bright heart"

"Someone's bright heart?" He nodded

"Yes, that man is up to trouble... He has a certain someone to be his puppet... that's why he has that extra shadow"

"How is it possible that he can hold two?"

"I took that shadow away from that boy with the bright heart... But somehow, it went into Ghetsis heart, and he has control over that boy..." he stood up "That's alright. Remember that the future is not twisted, everything is going in its line, just go with it" I nodded.

"It's just that... It caught me by surprise" he petted my head.

"You're not the only person without a shadow my child... You're not the first person I took their shadow from" I nodded and stood up after him.

"Father... there's a girl..." he smiled and nodded.

"I know who she is" I looked at him surprised.

"You do?" He nodded.

"Two years from now...She will be the next hero of Unova" I gasped amazed.

"Really? That's wonderful! But two years? She's not going to stop Team Plasma now?" He shook his head.

"No. Just trust me, child. You mustn't worry about Rosa" so he knows her name! "She won't be needed till later on" he dug in his pockets and took out a Master Ball and a green feather.

"This..." I took them and smiled.

"They are from the girl you rescued back in the Distortion World...remember? Her name was Flora"

"Yes, I remember... What was she doing there in the first place?" I realized I never had a conversation about this or knew anything.

"She and her friend were the willpower of Dialga and Palkia. We had saw the future of that man, Cyrus, destroying the world" I gasped "Flora went after me because I was enraged..." I looked down and hugged the items "The two heroes had proven their willpower and saved us all, now it's up to you to be next" I looked at him confused.

"Oh! You mean the shadows!" He closed his eyes "Don't worry, father! I will save Unova from the bad wild shadows!" He opened his eyes and pointed at the Master Ball.

"Use that when you know you have too... got it?" I nodded and hugged him.

"That girl was really nice... her heart was bright... It was the first one I felt. If she saved the world, she's my hero" I giggled "if she never saved us... I won't be able to find my brother!" I let go of him "do you know where he is?" He chuckled and looked away.

"You'll know soon" something started ringing. It was my Xtransceiver, Blade was calling.

"Hello?" I answered while putting my eye on the screen so I could see him closer, this thing is weird.

"Angel! Where are you? Are you alright?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm near a fountain. I'm just talking with father" he sweat dropped.

"I see..." he cleared his throat "Are you okay?"

"Oh, yes. I'll tell you about it later" he nodded

"I'm going to challenge Burgh! Meet me there, alright?"

"Okay!" He smiled.

"Take care, see you soon!" He hung up. I looked up and saw father gone.

"Did he disappear?" Lampent nodded "oh well..." I looked at the feather and Master Ball "that girl and that boy I never even seen; they rescued this world. and now it's my turn to protect Unova from all those wild shadows" hmm... I took out my Keystone "haven't you noticed that there haven't been any wild shadows here?"

"Pika!" I giggled and petted her head. Lampent floated around.

"Let's just go find Blade" she nodded, and we were off

Blade's Pov

I successfully defeated Burgh! All thanks to my amazing team! Especially Rufflet! I couldn't be more excited after my fourth time retrying to battle Burge to finally win!

Bianca had called me, on the final day Angel and I decided to finally leave the city, saying that she wanted a battle today.

"Can I see your Pokémon yet?" I asked Angel. She still hasn't shown me her brand-new Pokémon!

"Nope" she giggled. I groaned and looked down at Espeon closing his eyes "he's relieved" she said "Feeling safe and secured in your presence"

"Relieved?" He just stared at me "Don't worry little guy, I'm always going to be here. I promise" I smiled. He stared at me a moment longer before looking away.

"You still need to build more trust" Angel smiled. I nodded and stood up from the bench we were on.

"Whatever it takes"

"Heeey, Blade! Angel!" Bianca's voice called. We looked up and saw her running up to us "you remember the promise you made when I called you, right?"

"Of course," I looked down at Espeon "we're ready. You?"

"Of course," Bianca smiled "I'm the new and improved version of me! It's gonna go great this time!"

"Alright then, let's do it! Go Espeon!" I pointed. Espeon just stood next to me, not moving an inch "Espeon!" He sneaked and transformed into a Zorua "huh?" Angel sweat dropped and looked at Espeon that was near her feet.

"Sorry about that" she said and picked Zorua up "continue!" I nervously laughed and looked at Espeon staring at me. Will he help me out or just stare at me like he keeps doing since we met?

"Espeon... will you come help me?" I asked. It looked away. I guess it still doesn't see me as worthy. I sighed and sent out Dewott "it's okay, it'll take a while for you to trust me. Take your time. I want to be the best I can be, so I know I'll win your trust one day" I started battling Bianca with Dewott and Herdier and won easily. She got stronger, but it's nothing I can't handle.

Bianca turned around and fixed her hat "I'll never be a strong trainer like you, Cheren, or Iris, but... You know" she looked at me, then Angel, and smiled "since we left Nueva Town, I've met a lot of people and I've been thinking about what I want to do in life. When you look at it that way, Pokémon have given me a lot of new experiences" she put her hands into fist.

"Having my Pokémon stolen was just really hard, and I felt really unsure...still, I gotta say I'm really glad I left home. I've learned so much on this journey. I also learned that being with Pokémon is really really important!" I smiled and held her shoulder.

"You're doing great. I'm proud of you" she blushed and looked down.

"T-Thanks..." she looked over at Angel staring at Bianca confused, probably reading something "We should definitely find a day where we can all just sit together and chat"

"Knowing how Cheren can be around Angel, I'll have to see" She nodded "and you? Are you still scared of her?" She frowned and looked down

"I-I'm not really sure. How are you guys doing together? Caught any shadows lately?"

"Not around here, but then again she doesn't always tell me what she does when she wanders off. That's okay. She can live her life in any way she can. She just wants to help others"

"I believe you" she sighed and turned to leave "I better go! Hope to see you again soon! Bye bye!" She ran back to the city. I looked at Angel staring towards the exit of the city. That can only mean...

"Don't tell me..." she nodded and took out her keystone she uses to catch wild shadows with. It seems like forever since I've seen it.

"There are shadows out there..." I bit my lip and dug in my bag for the goggles Burgh had given me.

"Well, you're going to need this for capturing them. We don't need you going blind" I smiled. she put on the goggles after putting the keystone away.

"Thanks!" Sableye appeared with some folded up clothing "Sableye!" It gave us some new clothes "you silly girl" she giggled and looked at me "Let's go change. I heard the desert and sand can be harsh for our skin"

"Sure" we changed into some clothes that had a strange material to it that I don't think I ever worn before but must be good against sand and winds. We also wore scarves to protect our heads and hair "interesting fashion choice" Sableye waved its hand.

"We don't have to wear it too long, just until we get out the desert" I nodded and walked out the gates to the desert with my goggles on. We walked around the desert for hours and I actually ended up catching two Pokémon! Yes! I'm catching up! Now I have a Sandile and a Darumaka added to the team!

"Yes! Now I have Dewott, Herdier, Espeon, Rufflet, Sandile, and Darumaka! A full team! "Take that Angel!" I smirked while she played with the sand.

"That's great" she smiled. I looked around for Pikachu.

"Where's Pikachu?"

"In her Pokeball, her eyes will be covered in sand, so I put her in her ball. She won't come out until I let her out" I nodded and looked up ahead at a familiar face with a big jacket that was too big for his body and his head covered.

"Hey... Cheren!" I ran over to him. Angel ran after me.

"Hey Blade, what are you two wearing?" Cheren asked, staring at the clothing could pass as a costume for this region, since there were foreign symbols around it.

"The latest style" I laughed, not questioning where Sableye found these clothes "it's desert protection Angel got us" He shrugged

"Did you get the Insect Badge?" I nodded and showed it to him. He smirked "perfect, I've been waiting for you to get it, and now it's time to see which one of us is the stronger trainer!"

"Ha! Bring it on!" I sent out my Pokémon for battle. It was a tough match, nearly all our Pokémon were down, Dewott carried the whole match, and Espeon never even tried to help.

"Impressive, but why can't I win?" Cheren asked. The three of our Xtransceiver rang. We answered and saw Professor Juniper on the screen.

"Hello there!" Juniper greeted "Blade, Angel, Cheren, do you have a second?"

"Do you need something?" Angel and I asked together.

"I called Bianca too, but I guess she didn't hear the call. I wonder what she's caught up in. Well, I suppose I'll just have to call her back later. Ok! I'll be waiting for you three in front of the gate to Nimbasa City" the signal was messing up.

"Uh, hello?" I asked. The call ended.

"Nimbasa City's gate is straight down Route 4, see yah there" Cheren fixed his glasses and walked away.

"Alright Angel, let's go" I looked at her and saw her eyes wide in shock "Angel?" She coughed a bit and splashed out what looked like blood. I gasped and ran over to her "What happened?!"

"Espeon!" Espeon shouted and looked up behind her. I looked up and saw a gigantic shadow hovering over us. Oh no...

Angel fell forward. I quickly caught her and sat her down slowly "Don't worry sis. I got you" I took out her gold rock and made her hold it.

"Blade..." she frowned and reached for her bag, A Pokeball rolled out and opened, making my eyes grow wide once the Pokémon from inside appeared.

"You really caught a Victini!?" I gasped. Victini threw a flamethrower at the shadow, making it shrink. I quickly took out the keystone and looked at Espeon.

"Espeon! Use your psychic powers and move this to the shadow!" He stared at me surprised "Please! It's going to hurt Angel more if you don't help!" He frowned and nodded. He used his jewel on his forehead and levitated the keystone closer to the shadow. It sunk in and disappeared.

I sighed in relief and saw Victini carry the keystone to us "you're..." Victini smiled and held Angel's hand. So Victini was the one that she hid from me. How did she even get it?

"I'm fine... It had stabbed me in the back while I wasn't looking" she wiped the blood from her lips and stood up. I stood up after.

"A-are you sure you're okay?" I frowned "I mean... you spat out some blood..." she smiled and held my hands.

"Thank you for healing me" I sighed in relief "if you and Espeon were never here, I wouldn't have made it"

"You probably wouldn't have been distracted too..." I frowned and hugged her tightly "I was so scared, sis" she giggled and hugged me back.

"You're taking this brother and sister thing way too seriously. Remember, we have our own siblings" I chuckled and let her go.

"Well, you mean a lot to me" I looked at Espeon "Can you put her on my back?" He nodded and levitated her on my back so I could carry her.

"Blade! I said I'm okay!" She panicked.

"I know you're alright but let me do this" she sighed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Looks like Espeon is taking some trust into you" I looked down at Espeon and smiled. He looked away, embarrassed.

"Hey, don't try to change the subject. You have some explanation to make about that Victini here!" Victini flew around us and giggled.

"Okay, I'll tell you what happened" after explaining about when Lampent and Mismagius teleport her to the Liberty Garden and defeating Team Plasma, the girl named Rosa, Victini taking her Pokeball and just went in on its own, and even about Ghetsis she hasn't told me about till now, we finally found the gate and saw Professor Juniper and Cheren.

Juniper saw us and gasped "What in the world?!" She ran over to Angel after I put her down "why do you have blood on you!?" Angel looked down at her clothes.

"Oh... It's just Berry juice" she lied. I looked at her back and saw a blood stain and hole on her clothes. that must be where the shadow stabbed her... Why can't these shadows just go away? If I want that to happen, I better take her to that tower quick... but if we get there quick, that means I have a fifty percent chance that she will stay or not either way.

"Thank goodness... How about we go to the Pokémon center and freshen up? Walking in that route all day must've been tiring!" The professor suggested. We went and freshened up in the Pokémon Center. Angel and I wore the clothes that we wore when we first started our journey.

Now we're out in the lobby with everyone waiting "so what's up?" I asked while sitting next to Angel at the table.

"Elesa called and asked me all about electric type Pokémon, and I thought about you guys" Pikachu came out and greeted everyone "oh my! A Pikachu!"

"Pika!" Pikachu smiled.

"Anyways, that's why I wanted to see you. Ta-da! Freebies for you!" She gave all of us some Ultra balls.

"Alright!" I cheered.

"If you see a Pokémon that you want to have join you, be sure to use a good type of Pokeball. because this could be the first and last time you see that Pokémon!" Angel dug in her bag and took out a Master ball.

"Pokeballs must have many more colors than I thought" My jaw dropped.

"Angel! Where are you getting all these cool things!?" She giggled.

"My hero gave this to me" we looked at her confused.

"Your hero?" The professor asked.

"I'm sure you heard of her... A girl named Flora. She saved the world from being destroyed!" Juniper nodded.

"I had heard of her, and a young man named Flame. Professor Rowan of Sinnoh told me much about her, it turns out that she and Flame had seen three legendary Pokémon in person, Diagla, the Pokémon of time, Palkia, the Pokémon of space, and Giratina, the master of Shadows" Angel nodded

"Yes, she had gave this to me two years ago after I rescued her from a bad man"

"Two years ago? But weren't you in-"

"She had to go there in order to save us all" I was baffled. She never fails to amaze me.

"You better take very good care of it then. That girl is quite famous" Angel nodded excitedly and hugged the Master ball "Now, I know it might seem strange for me to say this, since I'm the one who asked you to compete the Pokedex, but please, remember to enjoy your journey" we nodded "of course, I'm not saying you can just neglect the Pokedex, but you know that!" She laughed "Ah, sorry if I took up your time. There's actually something I have to do" she knocked on her head for her forgetfulness "I have to go meet Bianca" she stood up from the table and left.

"It seems the professor gave us the Pokedex as a reason to send us on a journey" Cheren said while drinking his tea, then eyed Angel eating some chips "even though you just tagged along because you're just using us to go to some stupid tower" I punched his arm "agh!" He glared at me and softened it when he saw my glare.

"Oh yeah... Sorry" he sighed and drank his tea again. Angel didn't even look up from eating her food.

"Don't worry about him" I smiled. She, Pikachu, and Lampent looked at me and smiled. Lampent just closed her eyes in a joyful way.

"Our moms wanted us to go out and see the world, so my mom, Bianca's mom, and your mom made a request to Professor Juniper" Cheren stood up and looked at me "so, what should we do now? I think I'd like to show the professor my thanks by going to route 4 and catching some Pokémon I haven't yet caught"

"But it's late" Angel frowned "you two should be going to bed" Pikachu nodded.

"Us two? What about you?" Cheren narrowed his eyes.

"She doesn't need much sleep, but I still want her to sleep" I looked at her with a warning look. She sweat dropped and ate her last bite.

"Fine fine fine" she giggled and went off to rent us a room.

"See you later man" Cheren walked out. The next day, Angel and I walked around the city.

"Wow, this place is amazing!" I said "I can't wait to challenge the battle subway!" Angel looked at me confused.

"Battle subway?"

"Yeah" I pointed at a nearby train station "you see that? When you go in, you ask to challenge a lot of different kinds of trains. It's a good way to practice battling. I'm going there if you don't mind"

"That'll be fine! My Pokémon and I can have fun around here!" I nodded.

"Don't get to any trouble. Need some money?" she shook her head.

"I'll be fine" we waved goodbye together and went our separate ways.

Edited 2/21/23 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266 3 26
BOOK 1 of the Kindred Spirits series Nyx moved to Unova to get away from everything, from everyone, from their not so great past. As soon as they rec...
6K 193 15
Victoria Bright thought she had seen it all as a pokemon researcher/assistant. Traveling from region to region, she had faced countless dangers from...
30.2K 748 15
Leaf is champion of four other regions. She heads to the Unova region to become the champion there as well. She meets with Bianca and Cheren and th...
1.2K 6 10
An AU for DLC events, knowing that this is truly the end of SV, I felt a little disappointed. I loved the characters in this game, like quickly the b...